Question on Keyboard and Mouse on PlayStation 4?

ParadockGaming

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's possible to play games on the PlayStation 4 using a keyboard and mouse? I'm a firm believer that first person shooters work best with keyboard and mouse controls for the sake of precision aiming and I've been wanting to get into more FPS games. I just suck at using a standard controller. So is this possible? Hope to hear your genuine answers and opinions. ?

1 hour ago, BrandonUltimate said:

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's possible to play games on the PlayStation 4 using a keyboard and mouse? I'm a firm believer that first person shooters work best with keyboard and mouse controls for the sake of precision aiming and I've been wanting to get into more FPS games. I just suck at using a standard controller. So is this possible? Hope to hear your genuine answers and opinions. 1f600.png

3 minutes ago, Nitroman65 said:

don't see why not.Just remember to turn off aim assist.

Depends on the game if it's compatible with keyboard/mouse. You can use something called a CronusMAX or Titan ONE for a workaround to use other console pheripherals on your PS4, which in this case your keyboard/mouse.

I personally use a CronusMAX to hook PS2, PS3 and XONE/X360 pheripherals on my PS4 for my dailly rhythm needs ? ? :

There are only some PS4 games that support keyboard and mouse.. To use a keyboard and mouse for any game you have to purchase an accessory called a Xim 4, with that you'll be able to play anything with a keyboard/mouse on any console.

Fair warning though using a keyboard and mouse for online shooters like COD & Overwatch is really frowned upon and you can even get banned from some games if you're caught using mouse & keyboard. It creates an unfair advantage, regardless of what your skill level might be.

Xim 4's are very expensive, the cheapest one you can find is £130 and it's very likely you'll get banned if you're caught using it so it isn't worth it buying one at all unless you only use it for single player games.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

There are only some PS4 games that support keyboard and mouse.. To use a keyboard and mouse for any game you have to purchase an accessory called a Xim 4, with that you'll be able to play anything with a keyboard/mouse on any console.

Fair warning though using a keyboard and mouse for online shooters like COD & Overwatch is really frowned upon and you can even get banned from some games if you're caught using mouse & keyboard. It creates an unfair advantage, regardless of what your skill level might be.

Xim 4's are very expensive, the cheapest one you can find is £130 and it's very likely you'll get banned if you're caught using it so it isn't worth it buying one at all unless you only use it for single player games.

There is also ChronusMAX which is cheaper and pretty sure it has more options, don't really know much about the xim 4 myself.

21 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Didn't know you could use a keyboard and mouse to play on COD. I have Call of duty II. The new release. With this info you shared. People would likely use this advantage. :)

4 minutes ago, LadyFinesse95 said:

Didn't know you could use a keyboard and mouse to play on COD. I have Call of duty II. The new release. With this info you shared. People would likely use this advantage. :)

It's completely up to them to try it, I don't know how strict they are about it on COD but on a lot of the things I play usually if you get caught using a keyboard & mouse in ranked matches you get banned pretty quickly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I totally see your point on using keyboard and mouse for online mode on console. I wasn't planning on doing that. I mainly enjoy single player experiences. I do appreciate the fair warning though.

My advice try to play on a controller even if it's hard for you. Eventually after 1000 hours of playing you will be a decent FPS controller player and you will have respect. The second way is buying XIM 4 it work's with almost every keyboard and mouse on the market and you can play every single FPS almost like on a PC and this is a path for a nOOb don't go that path! 

4 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

It's completely up to them to try it, I don't know how strict they are about it on COD but on a lot of the things I play usually if you get caught using a keyboard & mouse in ranked matches you get banned pretty quickly.

Xim 4 can't be detected. If you know how too use it correctly even on ranked matches. 

Edited by bezdomnekoty

1 hour ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Xim 4 can't be detected. If you know how too use it correctly even on ranked matches. 

I've played about 900 hours of Overwatch competitive.. Trust me, I encounter players using them A LOT and it's extremely obvious when people use mouse & keyboard on console.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I really hope Sony removes this feature, using keyboard and mouse in FPS games (the more competitive ones anyway, for example R6S and Overwatch) is extremely unfair. Aiming with your wrist is much easier than using your thumbs and in a game like Siege it is very noticeable when you encounter someone using kb+m and gives them an unfair advantage against the opposing team. If people want to use keyboard please move to PC and if you don't have the money stick with a controller and play like everyone else has to. 

Also not sure if Sony can even do anything about the Xim4 but I really hope this stops in the near future. 

After 2000+ hours with Siege I get quite a few messages daily from people calling me a kb+m user (which I take as a compliment :P), but this goes to show the Devs themselves are unable to identify the controller players from the kb+m ones. 

Edited by EpicNogg4

57 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I've played about 900 hours of Overwatch competitive.. Trust me, I encounter players using them A LOT and it's extremely obvious when people use mouse & keyboard on console.

Of course there are and it's extremely obvious when people are using a mouse, a lot of mouse players is in every lobby in R6 for 10 players 1 or 2 are using it so that's from 10% to 20% players IMO. But no one will ban them because they don't have a proof that the reported player was playing on a XIM 4.

51 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I really hope Sony removes this feature, using keyboard and mouse in FPS games (the more competitive ones anyway, for example R6S and Overwatch) is extremely unfair. Aiming with your wrist is much easier than using your thumbs and in a game like Siege it is very noticeable when you encounter someone using kb+m and gives them an unfair advantage against the opposing team. If people want to use keyboard please move to PC and if you don't have the money stick with a controller and play like everyone else has to. 

Also not sure if Sony can even do anything about the Xim4 but I really hope this stops in the near future. 

After 2000+ hours with Siege I get quite a few messages daily from people calling me a kb+m user (which I take as a compliment :P), but this goes to show the Devs themselves are unable to identify the controller players from the kb+m ones. 

Why minority ? I think 90% of PS4 owners would like to get this feature off "no mouse & keyboard on console"

12 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Of course there are and it's extremely obvious when people are using a mouse, a lot of mouse players is in every lobby in R6 for 10 players 1 or 2 are using it so that's from 10% to 20% players IMO. But no one will ban them because they don't have a proof that the reported player was playing on a XIM 4.

It's not using the Xim 4 that gets you banned, it's using the mouse and keyboard that will because it gives the player a really unfair advantage. My mistake I probably should've made that clear in the first place.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Why minority ? I think 90% of PS4 owners would like to get this feature off "no mouse & keyboard on console"

The majority of people really wouldn't care in my opinion, the minority being the competitive players which is much less than your average weekend gamer who has a match every now and then. 

1 minute ago, SlimSanta94 said:

It's not using the Xim 4 that gets you banned, it's using the mouse and keyboard that will because it gives the player a really unfair advantage. My mistake I probably should've made that clear in the first place.

I have barely played any Overwatch but as far as my experience in Siege goes I haven't known a single person who has been banned for using keyboard and mouse, as much as I wish they did this I think it would result in a lot of good controller players being wrongfully banned so the only solution would come down to Sony.

Get a Xim4, I use it to play any shooter online and offline, mostly online. I can handle a controller easily, but a mouse & keyboard is just so much better and easier to aim with then some clunky joystick. But I'll have to tell you that no game mimics a mouse for 100% like you would use it on a PC since it converts the joystick.

And no XIM4 is basicly undetectable, I'll quote this from a quick google search on the XIM4 forum " The original ps4 controller is synced to the ps4 , basically what XIM4 does is it syncs the controller to the console, and converts every movement to a controller movement, there is no way XIM can ever be detected".So games can't detect that you use a M+K, but some players might know when they see a replay like some games such as CoD..

Honestly I don't care what others think about me if I'm using a XIM4. Sony will never ban you as they sell an official mouse & keyboard controller, but that one isn't very good one. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/specialty-controllers/

In other words eventually mouse & keyboard found it's way to consoles, only thing that remains is more native support for more shooters. Who knows maybe the next PS5 or PS6 will have more games supporting it? And yes there are a few games that have native support like Fortnite so when it's is supported you will never get banned. Even publishers/devs cannot ban you for using it.

People use custom controllers such as a SCUF, turbo controllers, then why not a mouse & keyboard as well? In other words mouse+kb > controller in any shooters. Doesn't mean I suck with a controller. Same things goes with racingwheels for racing games which are far more superior.

• Like 4