"Hello, Is This Thing On?"

TylerrXO

34 minutes ago, oakleez said:

I pitched a no-hitter in AA... got player of the game... no trophy.  

Similar. I started another RTTS with a starting pitcher went 8.1 innings giving up 1 hit and got player of the game. let the end bit play out saying i was tops player of the game and all that. quit out to the main RTTS screen and nothing.

I've had multiple POTG awards and have not gotten this yet. One time the camera guy even came right up to me then it just cut to loading screen aaand no trophy. 

My guess is that it's maybe somewhat luck based, maybe it has to be a home game or something. 

I started a new RTTS with a right fielder. Got POTG went 1 for 3 with a home run and 3 RBI. Once the menu came up. Exited to the clubhouse and the cut scene played and the trophy popped. I did read some where you should be someone that bats. So if you are working on a pitcher start a new one. Only had to play about 6 games to get it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had one AA game where i hit 3 homeruns, then a triple. Knocked in 8 friggin' runs, but no POTG!!!!! I'm a grown man, but felt like crying there. I just stood still for about 20 seconds, threw my hands up in the air, and asked aloud: "what do i have to do??????'

Another time i hit for the cycle. Vasgersian and the boys made a BIG deal of it, but i wasn't POTG.

As a pitcher i am having a hard time as well. 

These RTTS trophies were not well done.

In AAA as a pitcher, i threw 3 complete games, but the interview has to be done in AA. Of course, i get called up in the offseason, so no trophy for making the majors. I did get that cutscene where i was on the mound and that dramatic 'you made the majors' music played.

Edited by TheGoaler
Misspelled a couple of words
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A little late to the party, but I figured I'd share how I popped it to provide some insight. I was thinking that you had to be the home team to get the interview, but it turns out I got it after a win on the road. I think the key is helping your team come from behind (maybe why my pitcher who had amazing stats made it to AAA with no PotG interview). I had a fairly pedestrian game compared to my normal numbers (3-5 with 2 singles and a double and 3 RBI) but I also came up in the 9th inning with my team down 5-4 and knocked in 2 runs to clinch the game for my team. I wasn't even "named" PotG after the actual game, the series just ended so I went to the clubhouse and the interview started right away. Obviously in RttS you have very little say in getting this scenario to happen, but maybe it will help you recognize potential scenarios that cue the cutscene. I am playing as a catcher if you think that matters at all.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:10 PM, continuum67 said:

A little late to the party, but I figured I'd share how I popped it to provide some insight. I was thinking that you had to be the home team to get the interview, but it turns out I got it after a win on the road. I think the key is helping your team come from behind (maybe why my pitcher who had amazing stats made it to AAA with no PotG interview). I had a fairly pedestrian game compared to my normal numbers (3-5 with 2 singles and a double and 3 RBI) but I also came up in the 9th inning with my team down 5-4 and knocked in 2 runs to clinch the game for my team. I wasn't even "named" PotG after the actual game, the series just ended so I went to the clubhouse and the interview started right away. Obviously in RttS you have very little say in getting this scenario to happen, but maybe it will help you recognize potential scenarios that cue the cutscene. I am playing as a catcher if you think that matters at all.

Same happened to me. There was no on-field interview, just when i went to the clubhouse.

• 3 months later...

I know this a bit old but I was having trouble with this as well.  I read quite a few discussions on this and tried some new things.  The key is that you have to return to the clubhouse.  When you have a good game instead of playing the next game in the series right away choose the menu option to go to the clubhouse.  What was interesting to me that I haven't seen discussed is that the came where I got it to pop I was on a tear and twice put my time in the lead the second time it was for good.  I think I ended up going 3 for 5 with a couple doubles and 3 or 4 RBIs.  The interesting part was that it didn't announce that I was the PotG but the commentators mentioned that if we went on to win that the media would want to talk to me after the game.  My conclusion was that if you hear anything like that, even if you aren't officially named PotG, and don't have the trophy that would be a good time to return to the clubhouse.  Just my experience when I did get the trophy.

Edited by TheCatHerder42