Where are rocks and cans at???

lunateena

Opportunity Knocks
Using rocks or cans, distract 15 enemies (Campaign only).

Where are the rocks and cans?? I have yet to find a single one. I even finished an entire region without finding any.

Does anyone where I get them and how to use them? (Ie: do they appear in your wheel? Or just a single thing you pick up?)

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, lunateena said:

Opportunity Knocks
Using rocks or cans, distract 15 enemies (Campaign only).

Where are the rocks and cans?? I have yet to find a single one. I even finished an entire region without finding any.

Does anyone where I get them and how to use them? (Ie: do they appear in your wheel? Or just a single thing you pick up?)

Thanks.

The fact that you cleared and entire region without using them is pretty insane, unless you're doing a guns blazing playthrough.  The cans and rocks are indispensable when going for stealth.

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

The fact that you cleared and entire region without using them is pretty insane, unless you're doing a guns blazing playthrough.  The cans and rocks are indispensable when going for stealth.

Sniper Rifle is my BFF lol

12 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

D pad down. Rocks/cans are infinite

Thank you!!

Edited by lunateena

On 3/31/2018 at 5:25 PM, angelgrievous said:

For some reason stealth in this game doesn't work for me :( Always start with stealth, I finish outpost or mission as in world war hah. 

Thanks for responses, helped me aswel, I was wondering about rocks.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 7:41 PM, Jamescush147 said:

They are kept in Hammerspace.

Isn't it Malletspace?

On 3/31/2018 at 11:44 PM, grifteskymfning said:

mchammer.jpg

I think hammerspace is somewhere in those pants ?

Edited by Nikoyi

On 3/31/2018 at 5:25 PM, angelgrievous said:

How is that insane? The enemies are pretty dumb. Its so easy to stealth them. Go to an outpost, snipe as many enemies as you can with your bow untill they go to your location, then run around the outpost in a circle, find another spot to snipe and repeat. Theyre about as dumb as the rocks youre carrying.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

How is that insane? The enemies are pretty dumb. Its so easy to stealth them. Go to an outpost, snipe as many enemies as you can with your bow untill they go to your location, then run around the outpost in a circle, find another spot to snipe and repeat. Theyre about as dumb as the rocks youre carrying.

Or just chuck a suppressor on one of the snipers, ez ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, majob said:

What exactly counts as a distraction because I'm positive I've distracted more than 15 mooks now but still no trophy

I'm not so sure either. I'm quite positive it's bugged. Just keep throwing rocks and cans and you'll eventually get the trophy. That's what I kept doing, at least.

In previous Far Cry games this trophy was to ‘fully’ distract an enemy and the trophy guide suggested this meant they need to walk over to where it landed and then return to their patrol route. I think this meant you could only do this once per enemy as they wouldn’t fall for it a second time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, InfraRedPS said:

In previous Far Cry games this trophy was to ‘fully’ distract an enemy and the trophy guide suggested this meant they need to walk over to where it landed and then return to their patrol route. I think this meant you could only do this once per enemy as they wouldn’t fall for it a second time.

What InfraRedPS said. I had no issue getting the trophy. Make sure the enemy goes to investigate the rock and once he starts walking back to his post it should count as 1. 

On 02/04/2018 at 9:04 AM, Mazi7ps said:

For some reason stealth in this game doesn't work for me :( Always start with stealth, I finish outpost or mission as in world war hah. 

Thanks for responses, helped me aswel, I was wondering about rocks.

Take out alarms.   To be honest, after doing the alarms it matters very little if you go in guns blazing or not, as theyl'l never be able to call in re-enforcements.   Alarms are critical.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I'm not so sure either. I'm quite positive it's bugged. Just keep throwing rocks and cans and you'll eventually get the trophy. That's what I kept doing, at least.

You can only do each enemy once.  It's best to do it on stationary enemies; if they are alerted and move, it'll count.

I played this on Xbox with tracker, and it went up x% each time, so I know that is what works.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, RafaelBCastro said:

This works like the others Far Cry that you can distract the same enemy over and over?

I'm not sure that it does. I distracted a couple of guys a bunch of times...letting them reset to their previous positions but never popped the trophy. I eventually got the trophy but didn't have any luck grinding it out on one enemy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 1:07 PM, sum1_worsethan_u said:

I'm not sure that it does. I distracted a couple of guys a bunch of times...letting them reset to their previous positions but never popped the trophy. I eventually got the trophy but didn't have any luck grinding it out on one enemy.

Yes, it does. I've tried and got the trophy, just throwing the rock for the same enemy