[SPOILERS] Story Thoughts?

PooPooBlast

Hey everyone, what do you guys think about how the TEKKEN series ended?

It made me slightly sad that they killed Heihachi. I mean yea he is an @$$ who threw his son off a cliff multiple times, strapped him and his grandson on a rocket, and pushed them into outer space oh wait. xD. But I mean he was a victim of circumstance. His wife who bears the devil gene betrayed him and thats where it all started.

But yea seeing how the game ended with Kazuya throwing Heihachi into a volcano this time was painful to watch :/. 

I also want to see a proper conclusion NAMCO dammit! Jin is still alive and it ended with him saying that he is going to kill Kazuya. Even though it was a cliffhanger I feel like this was truly the finale because you cant have a game without Heihachi unless there is a plot twist and he also has the devil gene and so he is still alive. 

What does everyone think?

I believe Tekken 7 is the end of the Mishima saga, so that's why they left off on that cliffhanger. We'll probably get a continuation of the struggle between Jin and Kazuya over the next few games. I thought the story was passable, better than SFV's story, but not as good as something like MKX's. The narrator has got to be some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a video game. The only times I found myself invested in the story was whenever Akuma showed up because he made every scene he was in very entertaining. It's pretty funny that Namco developed a better version of Akuma for Tekken 7 than Capcom did for SFV. 

• Like 2

Actually, I think Heihachi will either be possessed by a vengeful spirit like Jinpachi was in 5 or will have the devil gene. I think Claudio will also play an important part in the next game and try to take out both Jin and Kazuya and fill in the shoes of Heihachi until he is back in 9. I think the next game will focus on Jin vs Kazuya with Claudio revealing his true intentions of trying to absorb (not exorcise) the devil gene for himself. This seems likely due to his evil nature in his side story in 7 (I mean, what was up with his eye?)

Furthermore, I think we will see a new "angel gene" from Jin and will be the "savior." Though I think we will see Heihachi at the end... Alive in some form or another. He may not be important, but I think he'll live. I don't think they'll get rid of one of the most loved characters in the series. Though, it's got to end eventually...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I believe Tekken 7 is the end of the Mishima saga, so that's why they left off on that cliffhanger. We'll probably get a continuation of the struggle between Jin and Kazuya over the next few games. I thought the story was passable, better than SFV's story, but not as good as something like MKX's. The narrator has got to be some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a video game. The only times I found myself invested in the story was whenever Akuma showed up because he made every scene he was in very entertaining. It's pretty funny that Namco developed a better version of Akuma for Tekken 7 than Capcom did for SFV. 

Mm you think we'll get another tekken game? I felt like Harada stressed that this was the last but who knows. I mean this a huge franchise but only time will tell.

And haha I never played SFV or MKX or any entry in the series really to compare. As for akuma he was definitely a cool addition and that showdown at the end was awesome!

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Actually, I think Heihachi will either be possessed by a vengeful spirit like Jinpachi was in 5 or will have the devil gene. I think Claudio will also play an important part in the next game and try to take out both Jin and Kazuya and fill in the shoes of Heihachi until he is back in 9. I think the next game will focus on Jin vs Kazuya with Claudio revealing his true intentions of trying to absorb (not exorcise) the devil gene for himself. This seems likely due to his evil nature in his side story in 7 (I mean, what was up with his eye?)

Furthermore, I think we will see a new "angel gene" from Jin and will be the "savior." Though I think we will see Heihachi at the end... Alive in some form or another. He may not be important, but I think he'll live. I don't think they'll get rid of one of the most loved characters in the series. Though, it's got to end eventually...

That's what I said! I feel like there is a plot twist or something where Heihachi will return. I mean hell the guy survived explosions by 10000000 jacks in tekken 5 and outer space xD but he dies from a punch lol.

And yea Claudio seemed fishy the entire time. It's a shame there was little character development for him.

If they ever make another tekken game (unlikely :( ) then I'd love to see some continuation of what you said!

6 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

If they ever make another tekken game (unlikely :( ) then I'd love to see some continuation of what you said!

I don't believe this will be the last Tekken. It might be some time before we get another one, but I strongly doubt this will be the last one. The game sold good, DLC sells good, game's tournament presence is good. All the things a fighting game could want. 

29 minutes ago, Tearraven said:

I don't believe this will be the last Tekken. It might be some time before we get another one, but I strongly doubt this will be the last one. The game sold good, DLC sells good, game's tournament presence is good. All the things a fighting game could want. 

I really hope so but the way that the story ended, the way they put all of the previous cutscenes and music along with their artwork from previous games really made it look like it was a conclusion!

You also have to remember that even successful games are sometimes put to rest, just like in Uncharted. But yea man, I'd love to see more TEKKEN :) 

3 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Mm you think we'll get another tekken game? I felt like Harada stressed that this was the last but who knows. I mean this a huge franchise but only time will tell.

He just said that Tekken 7 will mark the end of the Mishima saga, but the story will definitely continue with future Tekken games. There's no way they'd just stop making titles for one of the biggest fighting games on the market.

• Like 1

I liked the story: I played it in a Single Run, and it was short, but greatly intense. I loved it.

I think that Tekken will go on (Harada has claimed several times that as long as the franchise sells, it will continue), but focusing not anymore on the Mishima, but on the Kazama: maybe a return of Jun, who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I liked the story: I played it in a Single Run, and it was short, but greatly intense. I loved it.

I think that Tekken will go on (Harada has claimed several times that as long as the franchise sells, it will continue), but focusing not anymore on the Mishima, but on the Kazama: maybe a return of Jun, who knows.

Yea same! I think we can all agree is that what makes TEKKEN awesome is that the story does not take itself too seriously but it can still be intense and well-written at the same time xD.

And Phew!! good because I am certainly not ready to depart ways with this franchise 

2 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Pretty stupid not sure how many times you can be thrown off a volcano and still be taken seriously. 

Still not sure what was happening in Tekken 6.

That's exactly why I love this game xD

It's the seriousness but the craziness that comes along which makes it awesome. I mean c'mon you have a kangaroo, a panda, and people being strapped onto a rocket. The game certainly isn't taking itself too seriously at times so yea I wouldn't look too much into realism and what not

And btw if you play Tekken 7 you'll know why he survived many times :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 10:58 PM, Tusked-Lattice said:

Pretty stupid not sure how many times you can be thrown off a volcano and still be taken seriously. 

Still not sure what was happening in Tekken 6.

Well I tekken this series very seriously ☺️? 

Jokes aside, yeah the story was better than most but I would rather have the old style of arcade endings over this kind of  a story mode :D still the game is a lot of fun and I cannot wait for the next one :D actually the only thing that I dislike about this game is the lack of Anna Williams! Hwoarang, Lili, Anna and Miguel are my favorite and she is the only one missing lol :D But I still believe this game, along with TTT2 has the best roster :D

• Like 2

Story mode was fine, but I can't believe they cut out the old Arcade style endings and cut in crappy TTT1 style sequences - really my only gripe with this game. The actual game itself is brilliant though, so I can't be too annoyed (and it's a great thing they added the option to see the endings from the old games!).

• Like 1

Just now, Johnathan994 said:

Well I tekken this series very seriously 263a.png1f643.png 

Jokes aside, yeah the story was better than most but I would rather have the old style of arcade endings over this kind of  a story mode :D still the game is a lot of fun and I cannot wait for the next one :D actually the only thing that I dislike about this game is the lack of Anna Williams! Hwoarang, Lili, Anna and Miguel are my favorite and she is the only one missing lol :D But I still believe this game, along with TTT2 has the best roster :D

Oh yea I wished they kept a crap ton of characters in there! I know this might be an unpopular opinion too but I would've loved if most characters were locked at first and you had to beat arcade mode to get them just like in tekken 5. Or perhaps beat arcade mode with every character to unlock their endings or something. It's too bad this wasn't there :/

Just now, SkyMason said:

Story mode was fine, but I can't believe they cut out the old Arcade style endings and cut in crappy TTT1 style sequences - really my only gripe with this game. The actual game itself is brilliant though, so I can't be too annoyed (and it's a great thing they added the option to see the endings from the old games!).

Gallery mode was a really good addition. It just bombarded me with nostalgic attacks xD . And the jukebox made me feel like I'm playing tekken 4 and 5 again ewhich I loved!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2018 at 5:06 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Exactly. Something like this will happen for sure.

You can say "Hey, now he's finally dead....oh wait, this is Tekken, where people get possesed and story doesn't fit at all to reality". So, they will do something like this.

I'm getting very tired of the series. I though Tekken 1-2-3 and even 4 and 5, more or less were videogames that doesn't laugh too hard to the franchise. OK, GON is there, Xiaoyu and her story, PANDA and KUMA, etc, but Tekken 4 and 5 have some good moments and good characters.

Tekken 6, even being bad in A LOT of wars, have a Zafira and Miguel good characters. But overall this was the beginning of the end in my opinion. That's why they returned to Tekken Tag Tournament 2, to classic, I mean.

Tekken 7 have some good moments within the story combats, which is probably good to have in the series, but the direction is different and the story plot simply is getting so much bored and old and nasty that I think the game is crying for a reboot. Not a good thing to change gameplay by adding some "final moves", because this is Tekken, this is not another fighting game.

I hope the franchise reboot in some ways, but without touching the gameplay from Tekken Tag Tournament series, Tekken 5 and below. Tekken 6 have a "infinite combo" with Hwoarang on the only that is almost impossible to get it. One guy was like 400 Win // 3 loses and I just beated him in 1 round, and I'm not a bad player at all.

• Like 2