Just Got A free Xbox

DK_Scuba

Hey there everyone, I just got a free Xbox 360 with kinect as apart of my new cable/internet package and was wondering what Exclusives you'd recommend. Any multiplatform game I'd buy on PS3 regardless so looking to get some use out of the 360 at least haha

Metro 2033 is a good shooter, the Forza series are all great racing games and of course you have the Halo series too. Blue Dragon is pretty good too, and you could also try the Fable series though I still feel the first is by far the best one. I'm not super well versed in Triple Sixty exclusives but if I remember some good ones I'll be sure to post them.

Parker

• Like 1

The Halo games are a real blast to play through. I'd recommend grabbing them all for the narrative at least, but definitely get Reach and Halo 4. Reach still has the best multiplayer of the franchise, and Halo 4's got the best overall package of the series. The graphics are incredible as well - a real treat if you've got an HD setup.

I also agree with Parker on the Forza and Fable games. Even Forza 2, which is several years old and can be found for $3 at Gamestop, has incredible visuals and a deep racing simulator that'll provide dozens of hours of content for any car enthusiast. 

Another wonderful set of games are actually the Viva Pinata titles. They're incredible fun, even though they're meant for a younger/family-oriented audience. And, like Forza 2 and the Fables, they can be found very cheap since they're several years old.

And finally, some arcade titles I'd recommend are Trenched (hilariously fun action/tower-defense game from Ron Gilbert/Double FIne), Minecraft (if you don't already have it for PC), and BAttleblock Theater (also pick up Castle Crashers if you don't have the PSN version). 

Other than all those, the Gears games are probably the best-recognized Xbox exclusives, but I'm personally not a huge fan. The campaigns are enjoyable once or twice in co-op, but to me the multiplayer just seems like hundreds of hours of the same thing. 99% of players will be doing constant rolls and shotgunning you before you can even aim.

Let me know if any of those appeal to you in particular, and I can try to recommend more in the same vein! I tend to split my time pretty evenly across both consoles, though most of my Xbox time is either Halo or Forza-related lately :P

Most definitely Splinter Cell: Conviction. :D

Ah, I had completely forgotten about that game. I'm a little disappointed by the fact that there was more action than actual stealth but the game was definitely fun and can be picked up fairly cheap now so it's certainly worth the money,

Parker

Hey there everyone, I just got a free Xbox 360 with kinect as apart of my new cable/internet package and was wondering what Exclusives you'd recommend. Any multiplatform game I'd buy on PS3 regardless so looking to get some use out of the 360 at least haha

Man...that's like giving away a free toaster with opening a new bank account. Says something, doesn't it?

Anyway, everybody has about covered the basics, There really aren't that many "must-have" exclusives anymore...Gears, Forza, Halo...that's the big three.

Left 4 Dead I heard is Amazing. I played Halo 3 and Halo Reach at a friend's house. Both great multiplayer games. If you aren't going to get live then You might want to stay away from Halo. The campaigns are fun, but these games are built around the multiplayer madness.