The game is too easy

I'm around level 35 right now and it looks like the game isn't getting any harder at all. I mean I wasn't expecting a game like this to offer much of a challenge BUT it's getting unbelivably boring at this rate. Bosses die fast and the last few ones I didn't even have to hit them because the A.I. mostly took care of them and I used higglidy attacks. At first I liked the fast pace of the fights, but now it's becoming more clear that the whole game is gonna be like this? The only time I had to try even a little was in one of those sections that raise the danger level...

Not even sure why you want it to be harder "just for a reason to level up"... if the game were harder, you leveling would make it easier which you don't like...

Switch to crappier weapons or something. I had some under leveled battles where I took 1k damage in a single hit and the characters barely have over 1k HP at the time. Difficulty is fine for me.

• Like 1

I don't own the game, yet, but it seems a lot of people find it to be easy. It's strange there is no difficulty settings included in there as it's usually just multiplier on enemy health and damage output. Not that hard to implement.

Switchting to worse gear sounds silly as the game should encourage you to get better gear instead.

Edited by DonGurke93

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

I wouldn’t call the game easy, It’s just not difficult. That’s all. I don’t get why some ppl are bashing the game for this. I, for one, welcome this when almost every other game is absurdly trying to be hardcore or difficult as Dark Souls. 

Every other game? Which games are you talking about? All triple A games are way to easy these days. I haven't played the souls games because the battle system is to slow for me, but the platinum rarity tells me these games are easy too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LovesAnInjection said:

The battles are too automatic, like I literally don't have to do anything while A.I. does the work. Is it too much to ask for a game to offer you a feeling that you can atleast fail once in a while?

Plenty of tainted bosses are very difficult, even if you're somewhat overleved. You will have to grind levels to have a chance against last Dream dungeon boss.

All story-related content is easy, yeah, but as some people said, the game is designed for underage players with slow reaction times.

1 minute ago, nyonmyan said:

Plenty of tainted bosses are very difficult, even if you're somewhat overleved. You will have to grind levels to have a chance against last Dream dungeon boss.

All story-related content is easy, yeah, but as some people said, the game is designed for underage players with slow reaction times.

Well that is good news.

First 6 chapters are fairly very easy. After that, it gets difficult as you progress. The story does have a different difficulty setting but other stuff like tainted monsters and dream doors are quite hard if you are under levelled. Once you beat all 50, you will unlock more 10 powerful ones. Pretty nice. 

I personally like this a lot. Not every game needs to be hard. The difficulty fits well with this game. ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, itsFIGJAM said:

First 6 chapters are fairly very easy. After that, it gets difficult as you progress. The story does have a different difficulty setting but other stuff like tainted monsters and dream doors are quite hard if you are under levelled. Once you beat all 50, you will unlock more 10 powerful ones. Pretty nice. 

I personally like this a lot. Not every game needs to be hard. The difficulty fits well with this game. ?

I hope I will enjoy it more in the later chapters ??

3 minutes ago, chellesan said:

It don't need to be hard always, otherwise people are complaining it's to difficult lol 

But if it's too easy people complain aswell...gotta either find that sweet spot or put different difficulties in the game.

I get that the game is targeted towards younger players but why not translate that to easy difficulty and just add a medium and hard? Sounds simple enough

• Like 2

I wish there was a difficulty setting, so what I do is fight with intentionally weaker weapons. The fights that matter last slightly longer, and it's slightly more enjoyable that way. At least for me.

Just now, HardXDXtraga said:

But if it's too easy people complain aswell...gotta either find that sweet spot or put different difficulties in the game.

I get that the game is targeted towards younger players but why not translate that to easy difficulty and just add a medium and hard? Sounds simple enough

I agree. The option could have been implemented w/o a trophy.  I'd prefer it on hard. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Not sure why you expect any good battle system from Level-5. 

I highly enjoyed the first Ni no Kuni even though a lot of people seemed to have a lot of complaintments about that combat system, but this one is considerably worse in my opinion.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

1 hour ago, LovesAnInjection said:

I highly enjoyed the first Ni no Kuni even though a lot of people seemed to have a lot of complaintments about that combat system, but this one is considerably worse in my opinion.

Dude, you made a thread about NNK2 battle system being too easy. NNK battle system was so easy I consider it completely broken. No difficult battle early in the game, and once you get access to the Dino, that's all you need. The Dino can one hit kill entire enemy party in one attack, and this goes for most bosses too. The strongest bosses took some few hits and that was it.

57 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Dude, you made a thread about NNK2 battle system being too easy. NNK battle system was so easy I consider it completely broken. No difficult battle early in the game, and once you get access to the Dino, that's all you need. The Dino can one hit kill entire enemy party in one attack, and this goes for most bosses too. The strongest bosses took some few hits and that was it.

Honestly I played it last when it came out so I don't really remember it that well. Obviously it was easy too, but I'm just saying I enjoyed that battle system with familiars and stuff more.

It is an easy game (and sorry, so was the first game), but there is a noticeable bump in difficulty around the middle of chapter 6. That being said, I think the complaints of the difficulty probably would have been lower if there was an actual meaty story like the first game. I am still really enjoying it and honestly, I don't mind having an easy JRPG to play once and a while. 

10 hours ago, LovesAnInjection said:

The battles are too automatic, like I literally don't have to do anything while A.I. does the work. Is it too much to ask for a game to offer you a feeling that you can atleast fail once in a while?

That only works if the AI is geared well and you're not fighting bosses. Jay RPG put out some nice  videoes that address exaggerations like yours and comments from people that don't even have the game.

Easy? Doesn't matter. If you're not having fun then play something else that caters to your tastes.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2018 at 3:13 AM, DonGurke93 said:

I don't own the game, yet, but it seems a lot of people find it to be easy. It's strange there is no difficulty settings included in there as it's usually just multiplier on enemy health and damage output. Not that hard to implement.

Switchting to worse gear sounds silly as the game should encourage you to get better gear instead.

It does. It makes you better, thus the game easier... which OP is whining about, and you apparently even though you haven't played it.

There's a way to make it harder. Just as artificially as raising HP and attack on enemies does. So either do it, or stay with your gear and complain it's easy which makes a whole lot of sense. Can't help those who won't help themselves.

i dunno about the whole game being easy about early mid point enemies weaker in level than me began being able to take huge chunks from my life bar and i had to change my whole play style to accomodate for that and it kept doing this up till where i am now some enemies just have cheap shots even when ur wearing the good armor but over all its easy when u get the hang of how to play :D kind of refreshing to have an enemy 10 levels lower than u force you to run around the fight ring taking pot shots at him cause he will kic ur teeth in up close haha

plus your healing stuff is limited in every fight so you cant just roid tank enemies if u keep getting hit theres a point where u just cant heal anymore even if u have a max stock on stuff it limits u per fight which is pretty cool makes u have to strategize and pray to the gaming gods haha

• Like 1