The game is too easy

27 minutes ago, DonGurke93 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but there are more people "whining" about your favourite game than OP and me. Which would be the reason why there is a difficulty mod on Steam already which makes the game harder. You might be enjoying difficult that is aimed at children for 50 hours. Some might not.

You seem having trouble understanding what that the general complaint is. The problem is that you obliterate enemies with basic gear already so there is no motivation going after high end gear because that would make the game even more easy. Using worse gear because the game fails to offer a matching difficulty is stupid.

I've seen a topic that would tell not to use any armor or accessories. Using only stock weapons with lowest attack rating and not adjusting the tactics tweaker to make the game more appealing when it comes to difficulty. Made me chuckle because it shows clearly that the game is a failure in that regard. If I need to exclude certain features from the game to keep my interest it might as well not include those features at all.

Thank you! Finally someone who understands what I'm saying.

I mean, if I did remove my gear it would not make the game harder at all, it would only make the fights longer. Where is the fun in finding new equipment if it's already too easy with standard gear. There are plenty other games which manage to reward you with new gear and still keep the game interesting and challenging. As I said before I don't want it to be tough as nails hard, just enemies that can deal equal damage to me as I deal to them and maybe kill me every once in a while. I'm not "whining" like people seem to assume. I'm simply stating the fact that the game is way too easy. I admit that I haven't reached chapter 6 yet and people have stated that it will get harder then which makes me glad. I'm in chapter 5 so I should find out soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DonGurke93 said:

You might be enjoying difficult that is aimed at children for 50 hours. Some might not.

First off let me say that I can see the point you're making. I do agree that the game is pretty easy and I can see that this might upset people. 

Your post seems like you're implying the difficulty isn't fitting for the rest of the game when you say that it's specifically aimed at children, meaning other aspects in the game are not. To me this game is targeted at children in pretty much every conceivable way when it comes to it's storytelling as well. I don't think this game nessecarily wants to include adults in its target audience, maybe comparable to Fromsoft who don't want to include an easymode to target people who don't like the challenge the Souls game offer. I would argue this is the same thing, just on the other side of the difficulty spectrum. 

Like I said I can still relate to people who'd rather have an option to up the difficulty, all I wanna say is that I think its difficulty fits the overall experience in my opinion.

P.S. Your username made me laugh. I like it.

Edited by drthomys

16 hours ago, DonGurke93 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but there are more people "whining" about your favourite game than OP and me.

It's not my favorite game. I think it's much worse than the first game in many ways. Many complaints about it. I've criticized it in another topic with a valid complaint too.

But that doesn't make this nonsense make sense. Especially when your argument is "it's easy to do, just tweak the HP and damage!" Which you yourself can do via equipment changes. Not like difficulties ever change the AI to be smarter. It's still the same, the enemies just hit harder and are sponges for damage. Oh so hard. And then OP's argument is "give me a reason to level up", which would just mean you do more damage and have more HP to offset the "difficulty" he wants. That makes zero sense.

Didn't read the rest. Why should I care what other people think? If you base the validity of your arguments on how many people agree, then you're doing it wrong.

• Like 3

I agree with those that are against having to gimp yourself to make a game challenging. Will a run with the first weapon and armor you get be challenging? Sure. Will it be fun? Certainly not to me. In my opinion, a well-designed game should still offer up challenge even when you're making full use of the systems the game has to offer. All the crafting facilities in this game are pointless up until MAYBE end-game. I still enjoyed the game but some of the story fights definitely could have been more difficult. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

lulz

Judging by your fanboish attitude I seriously do doubt that.

From reading your stuff I get the feeling that this is the first ever RPG you've played. "Having a difficulty that encourages you to invest time and resources into your equipment? Never heard of that." But it's not like I said that already. If you had the capability to read more than 2 sentences even when someone disagrees with your opinion you would've seen that it's been mentioned already. If I need to use stock weapons only to make the game interesting it might as well include just one weapon for every character and that's all. No armor, no accessoire, no tactic tweaks. Just let me mash one button and call it a day. This literally would be a non issue if there was a difficulty setting you are fighting against so much. It always buffles when people are fighting against a feature. You want to play a game on easy go for it. It's not going to affect you.

You are right in a way because I honestly don't give a crap about your single opinion. It's nonsense to me because apparently basing arguments on what the majority thinks is wrong? So when majority of people were disappointed with SWBF2 having horrible progression system it was wrong to think that the game is perhaps not worth buying. Do you mindlessly buy everything that floods on the market without looking at reviews too? Because if you don't then you're disagreeing with yourself.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DonGurke93 said:

Judging by your fanboish attitude I seriously do doubt that.

lol

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/185766-elvick_/?status=169785&type=status

And I posted elsewhere my many criticisms, story being bland, characters lack of development, crappy/repetitive quest design, music being overblown in certain areas, lack of voice acting in important scenes. Among other things.

Glad I didn't bother to read the rest of your comments and checked out at your attitude, I knew that's the exact type of person you were when I read that quoted line. Not worth my time to read comments from people who just throw out accusations of fanboyism.

Me not agreeing with this criticism, and the shitty reasoning for it, doesn't make me a fanboy who can't criticize the flaws of this game. It does however, show what type of person you are.

In my experience Level-5 just doesn't deliver a satisfying battle system. They will often try a lot of different things, try to innovate, and it's hit and miss. They will also try to do things people like that works, and of course that works, though it often feels a bit generic.

Edited by MMDE

30 minutes ago, MMDE said:

In my experience Level-5 just doesn't deliver a satisfying battle system. They will often try a lot of different things, try to innovate, and it's hit and miss. They will also try to do things people like that works, and of course that works, though it often feels a bit generic.

So they end up making games some people like and others don't. Good to know.

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

So they end up making games some people like and others don't. Good to know.

That's not what I said, at all. If you're going to draw some kind of conclusion of it in terms of if people like their games or not, I'd say most people ends up with mixed feelings about the games. Most people will find things they like and things they don't like. They get some things right and some things not.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

That's not what I said, at all. If you're going to draw some kind of conclusion of it in terms of if people like their games or not, I'd say most people ends up with mixed feelings about the games. Most people will find things they like and things they don't like. They get some things right and some things not.

What I originally interpreted as "some people like it and others don't" was just repeated.

Edited by TJ_Solo

14 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

What I originally interpreted as "some people like it and others don't" was just repeated.

Well, then I guess you didn't get my point, because it's not what you said.

NOT:

"some people like it and others don't"

What I said:

"most people will have mixed feelings about the games"

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Well, then I guess you didn't get my point, because it's not what you said.

NOT:

"some people like it and others don't"

What I said:

"most people will have mixed feelings about the games"

85% on MC. Don’t know what game are you talking about then. 

Sad some ppl can’t respect that most people like this game. If you don’t like it, that’s totally fine but stop with this nonsense. 

I, for one, enjoyed the combat and the difficulty even though I love hardcore games (just look at my trophy cabinet). It was great that I FINALLY didn’t have to grind for a couple of hours just to get to a level with which I can progress the story like in other JRPGs where they can kill you instantly if you have like 5 levels less then they do. Except for Persona.  Even some Tainted are doable without having the same level. For example, I beat Floode lvl. 77 with 68 group. You just have to dodge right and be careful. I hate level based difficulty, where’s fun in that? 

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 1

While I get the argument both ways, I'm going to have to agree with @DonGurke93. The company is doing a disservice to players by making the game too easy. Not every game needs to be Dark Souls hard, but most players will naturally latch onto whatever method is easiest in a game. For example, if a regular attack does just as much damage as a complex combo, there's no reason to use that combo unless you want to create some artificial difficulty for yourself. This ultimately results in a broken game.

I can't speak for NNK2, but this was a problem in I Am Setsuna. The game has something called Fluxes that increase the power of your skills, but using them or even understanding how to use them is totally unnecessary because you can get through most battles by just spamming buttons. If it wasn't for the trophies tied to Fluxes, I'm not sure anybody would have even bothered. This is unfortunate because they're actually a well-designed upgrade mechanic, but players don't have an incentive to use them.

So, yes, while I like games that have an engaging storyline and beautiful animations -- which Setsuna, NNK1, and I'm sure NNK2 have -- why put features in a game that serve no purpose, given the game's difficulty?

9 hours ago, MMDE said:

You played Dark cloud right? i think DC and DC2 have both awesome satisfying battle system. But i see if it is not appealing for everyone.

Is it so difficult for Level 5 to bring out a patch which will include several difficulties??

I will certainly wait with buying this game until that happens, I have played a lot of (J)RPG's in my life which includes the first Ni No Kuni game. Some challenge would be very appreciated! ?

Persona 5 does this right in my opinion, a good long JRPG with several difficulties for each kind of player.

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Play something else then...

BOOM, wow! Did you think of that yourself or did you take it from the textbook of generic replies?

I'm gonna play it even though I think it's too easy, that won't stop me from finishing the game. . I think It's fair criticism, this issue could have so easilly been solved with a difficulty setting and I'm calling that issue out here.

12 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

lol

more lulz

You're unwilling to read and adress any of my points but expect me to read your valid criticism? Entitled much?

Anyway as I don't see any reason to keep this charade going on I'm going to stop here. Come back at me once you have something valid to say instead of boasting how you didn't read further than a sentence.

10 hours ago, Xionx said:

You played Dark cloud right? i think DC and DC2 have both awesome satisfying battle system. But i see if it is not appealing for everyone.

Dark Cloud's battle system was NOT good, nor it's random dungeons.