"I'm Not Gonna Cry"

nightowl_80

Same, last trophy and the something happens to me as well, getting called-up during the off-season. 

Someone said use a pitcher but that didn't help, it helped in getting the pitchers trophies but not for getting called-up.

4 hours ago, VengefulShark said:

I'm trying getting to triple A, backing up my save then tearing things up. I saw on playstation trophies that the earliest you can be called up is right after the triple A all star game.

It seems it's not a guarantee, but that is what worked for me (I'm the guide writer btw haha). I tried for hours trying to get it through simming. I came up with this idea, and got it first try. Maybe I got lucky haha. Hopefully it works for you! It could work better if you're a position that isn't crowded (I was a catcher).

The AS game part is just my theory. Me and one other member were called up at the same point despite them being a pitcher and me a catcher. I don't feel it was a coincidence. It's either the earliest point or a set point. Another set point could be September 1 as that's when major league rosters expand and a lot of players are called up. So if you don't get called up after the AS game, sim a little further to September and see if that works :)

13 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

It seems it's not a guarantee, but that is what worked for me (I'm the guide writer btw haha). I tried for hours trying to get it through simming. I came up with this idea, and got it first try. Maybe I got lucky haha. Hopefully it works for you! It could work better if you're a position that isn't crowded (I was a catcher).

The AS game part is just my theory. Me and one other member were called up at the same point despite them being a pitcher and me a catcher. I don't feel it was a coincidence. It's either the earliest point or a set point. Another set point could be September 1 as that's when major league rosters expand and a lot of players are called up. So if you don't get called up after the AS game, sim a little further to September and see if that works :)

I made sure I was called up to AAA in the offseason, then played every single game before the all star break and hit over .500. I got called up the day after the all star game like they said, so I guess that is the earliest you can be promoted and get the trophy.

I got it while playing as a Pitcher.  I was called up in my second year with Triple A team. I think my record right before was 5-3 pitched 2 complete Games, and had 1 no hitter. I would think its easier as a Pitcher. Just change your settings to beginner and try being as perfect as possible. if you are a starter you will be skipping a bunch of games so just as long as you nail the games you do play should be no problem. 

• Like 3

Make sure to always save before you enter Spring Training (there's a lot of RNG, since the outcome is never preset). I was always called up during the off season (one time actually offered a contract to be a part of the every day MLB roster without any way to refuse it), so make a couple of back up saves. You'll eventually get lucky where you'll go into the triple-A season red hot, and get called up around the All Star break. By the time I got called up, I was like 80 overall, batting .500 with an insane slugging percentage since all my hits were doubles, triples and homeruns. Tampa Bay (who has drafted me in 3 of my RTTS careers in this game, for some reason) finally traded me to a more appreciative team, and they brought me up mid season in the year 2020 after playing most of the games. I must have spent 6-7 hours on this alone.

I really hate the situational-borderline-missable trophies tied to RTTS this year. Making the bigs in any fashion should be treated as a celebration, but somehow this game only ties its trophy to getting called up in a particular fashion that shows a cutscene peculiar to that method of getting called up. I would think it would be more impressive starting out the year on an opening day roster, than towards the middle to the end of the season, but whatever.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:22 PM, iamjax said:

Make sure to always save before you enter Spring Training (there's a lot of RNG, since the outcome is never preset). I was always called up during the off season (one time actually offered a contract to be a part of the every day MLB roster without any way to refuse it), so make a couple of back up saves. You'll eventually get lucky where you'll go into the triple-A season red hot, and get called up around the All Star break. By the time I got called up, I was like 80 overall, batting .500 with an insane slugging percentage since all my hits were doubles, triples and homeruns. Tampa Bay (who has drafted me in 3 of my RTTS careers in this game, for some reason) finally traded me to a more appreciative team, and they brought me up mid season in the year 2020 after playing most of the games. I must have spent 6-7 hours on this alone.

I really hate the situational-borderline-missable trophies tied to RTTS this year. Making the bigs in any fashion should be treated as a celebration, but somehow this game only ties its trophy to getting called up in a particular fashion that shows a cutscene peculiar to that method of getting called up. I would think it would be more impressive starting out the year on an opening day roster, than towards the middle to the end of the season, but whatever.

I'm about to finish the season in Triple-A so I'm going to save right before spring training. Wish me luck lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So after MANY MANY tries I finally got it and the platinum. I created a starting pitcher who was a flamethrower and I had a great Amateur Showcase (My Pitches if you're curious were 4 Seam FB, Changeup, 2 Seam Fastball. Lefty that emulated the same motion as Pat Neshek), then I made 100% certain I was drafted by a team who NEEDED starting pitching. I was luckily drafted by the Cincinnati Reds who's rotation is trash. I upgraded my caps whenever they became available and upped my H/9, K/9/ BB/9 HR/9 as fast as I could. I was called up to AAA in the first year and then was signed to a AAA contract the following year to be a rotation guy. In AAA I played as best as I could in every game up to the all star break and then played two more after it and then was called up to the show. My overall was at about 73 but my "Exceeding Expectations" adjusted overall became an 82. Hence the call up. My ERA was just under 2. record was 10-4 at call up. Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tips for this, when you sign your 1st contract I suggest a 5yr+ deal. When you get up to triple A make a save and upload it to the cloud. If you make it to the 2nd season and still in triple A make another save and overwrite the old cloud save. Then simulate the season and if they promote you to majors in the offseason reload the cloud save and simulate again and repeat. It really is luck based but eventually you will get called up during the season, just a matter of time. Took me about 4 seasons simulated to be called up as a SS.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:56 PM, VengefulShark said:

I'm trying getting to triple A, backing up my save then tearing things up. I saw on playstation trophies that the earliest you can be called up is right after the triple A all star game.

I can confirm you can be called up earlier, I got called up a little over a month into the new season (could be injury related though) 

• 2 months later...

FINALLY got this stupid trophy. I know everyone has done it differently, but thought I would post what worked for me:

- went as a closer (flamethrower with default pitches; FB, CH, CB)

- turned down my first offer and went to college for one year

- simmed EVERYTHING (including showcases and skipped all training)

- tuned the sliders to make CPU hitting bad (although I'm not sure if this does anything in simulated games)

- focused on my FB stuff (especially velocity), followed by my changeup, secondary pitching stats (K/9 -> BB/9 -> HR/9), then durability and clutch

- after my first year I signed a 10 year contract at 40k/y

- ended up getting called up after the ASB of year 3 (went straight from AA to MLB)

So glad to finally get this after numerous attempts :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This trophy reminds me of "Another Direction" from NHL 13.  It is the only one trophy I need for the Plat (ultra ultra rare).

You have to get traded IN-SEASON but nothing is clear on how to do that.  RNG for sure, if you ask for a trade too soon, you are screwed.  If you get traded in the off-season, it does not count like here.  Trying all over again (or from save files) is a major grind as you can't sim forward without being penalized.

Deja vu for sure.

On 6/26/2019 at 0:41 PM, djb5f said:

This trophy reminds me of "Another Direction" from NHL 13.  It is the only one trophy I need for the Plat (ultra ultra rare).

You have to get traded IN-SEASON but nothing is clear on how to do that.  RNG for sure, if you ask for a trade too soon, you are screwed.  If you get traded in the off-season, it does not count like here.  Trying all over again (or from save files) is a major grind as you can't sim forward without being penalized.

Deja vu for sure.

I think your thinking of another trophy. This trophy you just have to play once you get called up to AAA and then play every game.

29 minutes ago, nightowl_80 said:

I think your thinking of another trophy. This trophy you just have to play once you get called up to AAA and then play every game.

Yeah, I just meant the randomness of trying to time the call-up here in MLB was similar to timing the trade happening in NHL 13.  If either happened in the off-season, you were out of luck.

• 8 months later...

After failing as a Catcher, I decided to start fresh as a Closing Pitcher.

1. I chose to be a Closing Pitcher (custom player). I was drafted by the Texas Rangers.
2. In Double-A, I made about 12 relief appearances, 7 saves, 20+ K's, 0.58 ERA.
3. The manager asked me to transition into being a Starting Pitcher (flamethrower), he said that I would make it to the Majors quicker. Refusing to switch gets you benched.
4. Played a few games as a starter, averaged about 8 K's a game and had a 0.00 ERA
5. After the Double-A All-Star game I was promoted to Triple-A.
6. Played my first 3 starts. 3-0, 20+ K's, 0.00 ERA. In between these starts, I was interviewed by the media about potentially being called up.
7. Made multiple back-up saves and simmed the rest of the year. I was only offered a 1-year Double-A contract, so I loaded up my previous save.
8. When I simmed again, my stats were better and my team won the Triple-A Championship. This time I was offered a 1-year contract to stay in Triple-A.
9. Played my first 3 starts of the new season, 3-0, 20+ K's, 0.00 ERA.
10. Once again, I made multiple back-up saves and simmed until the Triple-A All Star game.
11. I got the cut-scene to be promoted to the Majors on June 16, 2019, which is about 1 month before the All Star game.

Got the trophy in about 4 hours. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So far I'm on my second year with AAA League, as being a closing pitcher for Indianapolis (that's Minor League team of Pittsburgh Pirates). I played 1 month's worth of games and have a 0.00 ERA and 20 K's. When I tried to simulate after 1st month, the game showed me that I have 1.73 ERA (it was 3.73 before I reloaded my save) and on both these occasions, I had a contract offer for AA closer lol. So far no luck with simulating... Will try to play 2nd month's games and then back up and try again.

Nevermind, got the trophy at the following month after All-Star games as getting an offer for CP for Pirates.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

On 5/8/2018 at 2:42 AM, D-Square23 said:

So after MANY MANY tries I finally got it and the platinum. I created a starting pitcher who was a flamethrower and I had a great Amateur Showcase (My Pitches if you're curious were 4 Seam FB, Changeup, 2 Seam Fastball. Lefty that emulated the same motion as Pat Neshek), then I made 100% certain I was drafted by a team who NEEDED starting pitching. I was luckily drafted by the Cincinnati Reds who's rotation is trash. I upgraded my caps whenever they became available and upped my H/9, K/9/ BB/9 HR/9 as fast as I could. I was called up to AAA in the first year and then was signed to a AAA contract the following year to be a rotation guy. In AAA I played as best as I could in every game up to the all star break and then played two more after it and then was called up to the show. My overall was at about 73 but my "Exceeding Expectations" adjusted overall became an 82. Hence the call up. My ERA was just under 2. record was 10-4 at call up. Hope this helps someone.

sorry for quoting such an old post. I just did this method and finally got this last trophy after two years. I'm just happy i got the platinum

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, shaLyaD said:

sorry for quoting such an old post. I just did this method and finally got this last trophy after two years. I'm just happy i got the platinum

Glad to hear it! This trophy was much tougher than many of us expected. Happy you got it done!