The Official PSNP "Look What Came In The Mail Today" Thread

Parker

Well, after telling myself not to do it I broke down and ordered some more PS3 games, as well as some other things from various websites. A few other sites I'm on have a thread like this and it's always interesting (to me) to see what others are buying so I figured this great site could use a thread like this too.

I'll have some pictures up when they arrive, but I've just bought (game wise) Tomb Raider Collector's Edition, Super Monaco GP for the Genesis (complete with box and manual) Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II (complete as well) for the Genesis, a Japanese Okami HD physical import and a few things for my Cummins.

Let's see those pictures.

Parker

• Like 3

da title implies something totally diffrent than what da OP is asking. 

as far as da topic goes, it can lead into some very interesting post as far as what craziness 1 might receive in da mail.

but as far as da OP goes, it's asking da same question as https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/314-what-was-your-last-purchase/

da title implies something totally diffrent than what da OP is asking. 

as far as da topic goes, it can lead into some very interesting post as far as what craziness 1 might receive in da mail.

but as far as da OP goes, it's asking da same question as https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/314-what-was-your-last-purchase/

Not really. I'm asking for pictures of stuff that you've ordered that has come in the mail which is exactly what the title says. It is similar to the last purchase thread I suppose, but this thread is limited to things that've been delivered to you not something you've gone out and bought.

And like I said, I'll have pictures of my stuff soon but it has to get here first. :lol:

Parker

• Like 1

A couple things arrived from my eBay purchases today.

First, a mint condition Sega Genesis game. This is the game that made me love racing games when I was younger. Super Monaco GP. It has all the original manuals and paperwork as well as a mint cartridge all for $5. Couldn't pass up that deal.

DSC00800_zpse9aa235c.jpg

DSC00801_zps3ff8505e.jpg

We also have the Collector's Edition of Tomb Raider. Everything for $30.

DSC00798_zps58afa1d0.jpg

DSC00799_zps5c9058c1.jpg

Sorry for the low quality images, I'm still figuring out my Sony Cybershot. It doesn't seem to like low-lit areas...

Parker

• Like 3

I had a few of my eBay items show up the last few days. A physical copy of Okami HD, The Diesel Odyssey of Clessie Cummins, BioShock, Borderlands and a few 1:18 car models. Still have a few things on the way that I'll post when they arrive.

Okami HD. Ordered from eBay by PlayAsia on 4/4/2013 and delivered on 4/12/2013, not bad at all. Gorgeous boxart as well.

DSC00880_zps635fe253.jpg

DSC00881_zps3aca792a.jpg

My new book...

DSC00882_zps5011ce70.jpg

DSC00883_zps4b9fcd30.jpg

And the 1:18 models...

DSC00884_zpsc75a5e1c.jpg

DSC00885_zpse68b97b0.jpg

DSC00886_zps94e6a030.jpg

DSC00887_zps27e9666d.jpg

DSC00888_zpsd0311611.jpg

I didn't take pictures of BioShock or Borderlands. I'll have a few more items showing up in the next few days as well, so I'll be posting again soon.

Parker

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vinyl from Discogs.

All Pigs Must Die - God is War Printed on 180 gram vinyl

mail002_zps961f12bd.jpg

Hijokaidan - Sound of the Sea 7" EP printed on transparent orange vinyl

mail003_zpsa5a7dac3.jpg

mail007_zps9c10e66f.jpg

This EP is pretty limited. I have #122 out of 486.

Killer Bug - C*nt Explosion! 7" EP cover is NSFW

mail004_zps778d4484.jpg

Killer Bug - Your wife is mine 7" EP Printed on transparent green cover is NSFW

mail006_zpsa633215e.jpg

Edited by Deth
  • Like 2

First bit of mail in a while but that's okay.

jbQiCPAl.jpg

Vemtjutl.jpg

I've always heard good things about this book, so when the opportunity arose I ordered it. Hopefully it will provide some light summer reading once exams are over

Back in Grade 11 we had to do a group project on the book. Me and my friends decided to do a movie instead. It was a silly video that had very little to do with the novel. Instead of burning books the characters...well just watch and you will see :P

I am the one digging the hole :D

http://www.dementedpanda.com/booktiene/

Edited by Dr_Mayus

You'll enjoy it. It's a great story!

I hope so. Now I just need the time to get to it :P

Back in Grade 11 we had to do a group project on the book. Me and my friends decided to do a movie instead. It was a silly video that had very little to do with the novel. Instead of burning books the characters...well just watch and you will see :P

I am the one digging the hole :D

http://www.dementedpanda.com/booktiene/

I have no idea what was going on in that video. At all :P

Onto other news, MORE BOOKS :holy:

I ordered several at the same time but for some reason they're all coming separately but that's okay because I can be excited every day for a new one (no I swear that's not lame!)

oUFYE4cl.jpg

I can't tell you much about this. I was told John Green is good and that this and The Fault In Our Stars were his best, but the blurb of TFIOS didn't quite appeal to me. Looking For Alaska sounds to be way way out of my comfort zone but hopefully it'll still be good. And no I will not cry manly tears reading it :angry:

EDIT: Also it smells freaking amazing.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Okay last book post from me for a while.

MYORJgXl.jpg

Honestly the best thing about this is the Stephen King book

ATzQ5l9l.jpg

I was worried that the spine wouldn't match up since I bought it online but it does so that's great ^_^

I also got some bookmarks from the site I got the books:

ahb4ULwl.jpg

XUopORgl.jpg

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

I read those two King books from the Dark Tower series when I was a lad and then King appeared to forget about Midworld.

I finally got around to finishing off the saga a year or so back but I dont think the later books were as well written as the earlier stuff.

Maybe the the road accident had something to do with that or maybe he just went off the boil.

ATzQ5l9l.jpg

The Drawing of the Three is one of my favorite books that I've ever read! The Gunslinger is a decent book too. It starts off kinda slow but then starts getting odd towards the middle and even more so at the end. TDotT is all over the damn place with one of my favorite beginnings. It totally hooks you in and is an insane read. One of my favorite series ever. I unfortunately stopped at the beginning of Wizard and Glass and haven't picked it up in almost 3 years. I heard a lot of people just drop the book at that part too. :( Enjoy those books!

I read those two King books from the Dark Tower series when I was a lad and then King appeared to forget about Midworld.

I finally got around to finishing off the saga a year or so back but I dont think the later books were as well written as the earlier stuff.

Maybe the the road accident had something to do with that or maybe he just went off the boil.

It's possible that maybe the time you spent between books could have changed your perception of it, or yeah his accident. Either way though I hope the series turns out well for me, the first book was quite good imo

The Drawing of the Three is one of my favorite books that I've ever read! The Gunslinger is a decent book too. It starts off kinda slow but then starts getting odd towards the middle and even more so at the end. TDotT is all over the damn place with one of my favorite beginnings. It totally hooks you in and is an insane read. One of my favorite series ever. I unfortunately stopped at the beginning of Wizard and Glass and haven't picked it up in almost 3 years. I heard a lot of people just drop the book at that part too. :( Enjoy those books!

Just drop it at the start of book four? O_o That seems a bit odd, even more so that it's not just you. Hopefully I won't just lose interest and this will become a great series for me to read

It's possible that maybe the time you spent between books could have changed your perception of it, or yeah his accident. Either way though I hope the series turns out well for me, the first book was quite good imoJust drop it at the start of book four? O_o That seems a bit odd, even more so that it's not just you. Hopefully I won't just lose interest and this will become a great series for me to read

Could be me Lee, but I think it has something to do with the amount of time between books in the series. A great many things happened between the first and the last book in the series in the real world and the start of Wizard and Glass is hard going so I am not surprised many left it there

The Gunslinger (1982)

The Drawing of the Three (1987)

The Waste Lands (1991)

Wizard and Glass (1997)

Wolves of the Calla (2003)

Song of Susannah (2004)

The Dark Tower (2004)

The Wind Through the Keyhole (2012)

I didnt even know that the last book existed - so I haven't even reached the end of Midworld yet either. But as you can see there is 30 years between the first and the last. We have all changed in that time. I was 9 in 1982 - will be 40 in a couple of months so I am bound to see things a little differently, but even reading them in sequence now there are noticeable changes in style and tone in the books.

Could be me Lee, but I think it has something to do with the amount of time between books in the series. A great many things happened between the first and the last book in the series in the real world and the start of Wizard and Glass is hard going so I am not surprised many left it there

The Gunslinger (1982)

The Drawing of the Three (1987)

The Waste Lands (1991)

Wizard and Glass (1997)

Wolves of the Calla (2003)

Song of Susannah (2004)

The Dark Tower (2004)

The Wind Through the Keyhole (2012)

I didnt even know that the last book existed - so I haven't even reached the end of Midworld yet either. But as you can see there is 30 years between the first and the last. We have all changed in that time. I was 9 in 1982 - will be 40 in a couple of months so I am bound to see things a little differently, but even reading them in sequence now there are noticeable changes in style and tone in the books.

The Wind Through the Keyhole was added to fit in between books four and five for some reason. I'm still undecided if I'll pick it up and read it then or if I'll continue with the original book line. I guess over the years yes the world did change and with that so did King's writing style and his own perception of the world. Regardless, if the books maintain a certain standard in my eyes I'll keep reading them

Megamind and NCIS came today. Pictures later, but my son is loving carrying Megamind around and looking at the boxart so I'm sure he will love playing the game with me.

Parker

Hey, you see how you imported Okami HD, was it the Asia version or the Japan version? Or are they the exact same thing? And I heard it has full English subtitle and menu support, is that true?