Money In Game Isn't Really A Problem...

Swotam

Several of the reviews I read, and the PowerPyx trophy guide, mention that money in the game seems hard to get, but I think that's only if you are playing the game with the intention of obtaining the Platinum as fast as possible (or reviewing the game and wanting to complete it over the course of a few days) and not bothering to do the additional content. If you actually do the bulk of the content in the game you'll end up with a lot of in-game currency.

I've finished pretty much all of Holland Valley (John's territory), which includes all Prepper Caches and most of the story and side missions in that area, and I've got over $68,000 which is more than enough for all the cash-related trophies, and I haven't even done much at all in the other two territories yet. Prepper Caches are a great way to get lots of $$, since they all have several hundred each and there are a lot of caches around the territories.

While this doesn't mean you can go nuts spending cash on stuff you want, I'd suggest that if you intend to play the game the way Ubisoft designed it (i.e. do almost everything) you'll have a LOT of $$ by the time you are done. In other words, don't stress about in-game cash.

Also, for those who want the trophies but don't necessarily want the items you have to buy to get them, you can always back up your save to Cloud or USB, make your necessary purchases, and then reload your save to get your currency back so that you can then go and spend it on things you want instead. One of those good to know things IMO.

Edit: Obviously if your only goal in playing the game is to get the Platinum as fast as humanly possible then cash will likely be an issue and you'll end up having to kills animals or go fishing to get extra cash for the trophies. If you choose to play the game the way it was intended to be played, cash will not be a problem.

Edited by Swotam
  • Like 3

I haven't seen any problem with the pacing of the game when it comes to currency.  If anything, I was able to get things a little sooner compared to previous far cry games. I'm not really sure if thats a good or bad thing.

I agree with you. Never had any currency issues with any Far Cry games. Plenty loot if playing as intended thru all side quest/missions. I find issues mainly those who try to only do bare minimum for trophies.

1 hour ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I'd rather worry about cash than do every single side thing. That's counterintuitive.

You don't have to do every single thing, but you do have to do more than just play the main story missions. Cash is only a problem if your #1 goal with the game is blowing through it as fast as possible to get the Platinum, but then you aren't really playing the game the way it was designed to be played and that's your choice to make.

Also, it's hardly counter-intuitive in an open world game to be expected to do more than just the main story content, especially when the game offers a ton of side content to do.

Edited by Swotam

Couldn't agree more, was disappointed when the trophies were revealed. Already got the plat yesterday and have a ton of content left to explore, will still get around to it soon but a trophy for achieving 100% completion would of been really nice.