World Cup Giveaway Discussion

Zolkovo

2 minutes ago, ee28max said:

I'll go with Argentina 263a.png

Thanks for the giveaway, @Zolkovo

Very bad choice my friend ? Since I watched almost all Conmebol qualifying matches I can tell that should they advance from group stage, we may witness a similar score from their "friendly" match against Spain if they face another tough country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Well, there is a flaw in this giveaway.You think Brazil has a chance to win! :giggle:

Well, Brazil's manager is amongst the best in the world, coming with a 15/3/1 (94% of all points), suffering only 5 goals in 19 games. I wouldn't say they are guaranteed to be the champions, but we're not looking at another 7x1 here :giggle:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Well, Brazil's manager is amongst the best in the world, coming with a 15/3/1 (94% of all points), suffering only 5 goals in 19 games. I wouldn't say they are guaranteed to be the champions, but we're not looking at another 7x1 here :giggle:

Not impressive.All matches were with south American teams except 2 or 3 frendlies

4 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

EDIT2: If you go with option B, and your choice doesn't make it, you will still be entered in the draw for £5/any currency. As you are guaranteed an entry of at least £5/any currency, I'm hoping this encourages more people to risk a mere £5 [the difference between Option A & B] to spice things up by gambling on a nation, and potentially winning BIG!

Alright, I already see a lot of people choosing the safe option (which is perfectly fine). So to spice things up, I've added the above clause and hopefully anyone still on the fence about which option to choose will now go for the latter xD

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Alright, I already see a lot of people choosing the safe option (which is perfectly fine). So to spice things up, I've added the above clause and hopefully anyone still on the fence about which option to choose will now go for the latter xD

Nice addition.

It would be could if all participants from this giveaway can tell us which 2 countries from each group they think can make it to the round of 16.

Edited by Deceptrox

13 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm a betting man so lets go with France!

Cmmonn country of my ancestors!

Man I'm getting old, when the heck did Zidane retire? That was the last world cup I watched

Germany 2006. He fell for Materazi's provocation, and saw the red card after headbutting the italian player on his chest. France lost the chance to become champions for the second time on penalty kickout.

I have a french ancestor too, but I think the current team still needs to improve/enhance to become a solid contender. 

Edited by Deceptrox

Just now, Deceptrox said:

Germany 2006. He fell for Materazi's provocation, and saw the red card after headbutting the italian player in the chest. France lost the final match on penalty kickout.

12 years ugh

I remember that too, epic headbutt

4 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Well, there is a flaw in this giveaway.You think Brazil has a chance to win! :giggle:

At least they won against Germany in the last friendlies match.

Sure, a lot of good players were missing like Özil or Müller and others weren't playing in the game like Khedira or Hummels but still it was a good game from Brazil.

Do I have to pay to enter the contest? I mean, if my team or group doesnt win the World Cup. Sorry for not understanding it. I would participate because I really need the lifetime premium membership, but I have no ways to give psn cards and I cant use PayPal. I think I would give another chance to Brazil. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Not impressive.All matches were with south American teams except 2 or 3 frendlies

What's the matter with South American teams? France, Germany and Spain had easy groups, some weaker or on par with the South American qualifiers.

I don't see how you don't put Brazil inside this "Top 4" of potential champions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

@Muur1993 @GravityQueeen It's a giveaway lol, no one pays anything (except me ofc).

Thankyou for answering. And thanks for this HUGE giveaway. Im gonna cheer for my country, Brazil! 

Am I participating already? If Brazil wins, do I win the premium membership?

Edited by GravityQueeen

45 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Am I participating already? If Brazil wins, do I win the premium membership?

At the moment, I'm collecting feedback about the prizes and the system so that the end result will be as fun as possible.

In a weeks' time I'll open the event and then everyone can enter whenever they please up until the 31st of May. But once you make a choice, you can't change your mind.

In your scenario, if Brazil wins then you get added to the draw with a chance to win R$150 in PSN codes (which is more or less £30). But you can also choose option A and have a chance to win lifetime premium membership and in this case it doesn't matter which team wins which is why the prize is lower. So it's up to you when the time comes.

I will most likely increase the prizes for all the option B stuff because it still doesn't seem enticing enough to me. And I also want to have more than one person able to win, maybe three so that we have at least one big winner.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

It is interesting to say that besides the 1938 World Cup, every World Cup held in a year that ended in number "8", has witnessed the crowning of a new champion:

1958: Brazil

1978: Argentina

1998: France

2018: ?

Also, again, except for France 1938 (a prehistoric World Cup, along with Uruguay 1930 & Italy 1934, like some people say) all final matches from each World Cup held in a year that ended in number "8" witnessed a UEFA vs CONMEBOL clash, and the host nation was always featured in that match:

Sweeden 1958: Sweeden vs Brazil

Argentina 1978: Argentina vs Netherlands

France 1998: France vs Brazil

Russia 2018: Russia? vs ????

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2