Legendary Ships Advice Please?

Alright, so I'm down to needing 3 more story trophies. I'm stuck on the legendary ships. I defeated one early in the story and attempted another and put it aside until I could fully upgrade the Jackdaw. I've now fully upgraded my Jackdaw but I still can barely put a dent in the legendary ships. I found a glitch on Youtube where you can release the wheel about 560m from the ship and it will start the battle, then you go to the tip or your ship and jump on their ship when they're about to ram you and take them out one by one. This is how I eliminated my first legendary ship. I've tried it on a couple others and when they got close I either: I dove in the water, or the ship swerved last second. Any advice will help. I've tried anything I can think of. Thanks.

Just keep trying I guess.  I found the one where's there is two of them the hardest.  Once you sink one the other turns into the rammer from hell. The one you glitched was hard but the remaining 2 I did pretty much first pop.  Aim for the back of the ship for one and use mortar for the other.  Keep at a reasonable distance.  

I found the two southern ones easiest so maybe try those first?  The one with two ships, try not to get between them, but just make sure you get one down to very little health, and then the other..  If you fully kill one, the other gets really aggressive and would just ram me to death. 

The one that rams you anyway (maybe that's the one you've already done?) you can avoid the rams but it takes a little practice - just go full speed at a 45 degree angle, and then fire barrels when it's directly behind you...

The one with a lot of armour - if you hit it in the back, it goes down pretty quick.

They did take me forever though and at one point I was convinced they would stop me getting the platinum..  Just don't give up.  It is possible!

I just did these so I'll step through what I remember. 

The one in the south-east corner uses Moarters heavily. In that fight, Stay as close as possible because it means they cannot fire the mortars. Use Chain shot and ram it, that's the easiest way.

South West Corner, stay behind it and use cannons and ram it. 

So the one with the Dual Ships you need to Wear them both down equally. get them as long as possible together as quickly as possible because as soon as you down one the other starts ramming. So wear them both down and use Chain shot and ram. Mortars when possible. but do not let them get you between them because dual cannon broadside HURTS. Firebarrels work great for when you get down to one. Just start dropping them everywhere. 

The last one. (Northwest Corner, I think) Is the hardest. It is faster, and more heavily armored than the Jackdaw. it will ram you repeatedly. use the Chainshot when it's trying positioning for a ram and you can occasionally stop it from doing the ram run (basically stunning it). While this one is faster, you can Still turn faster than it can so you might be able to swing it head on and skim down the side opening it up for a headshot.  It's SUPER risky but doable.