My Journey to Platinum all Final Fantasy Games (Mainline)

linkdevivo

2 minutes ago, Xel said:

FFXIV is still considered a Final Fantasy game despite the online, and it has platinum, just saying 1f643.png

Yeah but honestly my goal with this journey is all the single-player games. it even says so in the original post. I made it so it was extra clear! ?

4 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Oh man, was I missing out. Suffice it to say that now i'm on a journey! I'm on a Final Fantasy quest to get every mainline single player platinum for Final Fantasy in 2018

@Xel PROOF! covered my bases!

31 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Yeah but honestly my goal with this journey is all the single-player games. it even says so in the original post. I made it so it was extra clear! 1f601.png

@Xel PROOF! covered my bases!

Alright I believe you ?

48 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Yeah but honestly my goal with this journey is all the single-player games.

It actually has a good story, I do recommend it. 

I'm currently working on my FFIX plat. I admire you doing the entire series! :highfive:

I don't think I could do X or XII(I really didn't like the story of XII)

7 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

It actually has a good story, I do recommend it. 

I'm currently working on my FFIX plat. I admire you doing the entire series! :highfive:

I don't think I could do X or XII(I really didn't like the story of XII)

Oh man i still have to do those two, haha that you don't like. :highfive:

16 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Thank you Man. Ive seen you around these forums aren't you the guy who did the treasure hunter spreadsheet? If so then thank you. 

As for the music YES. It is truly amazing. Can't wait to play FFX to see what all the fuss is about. Which one is your favorite? 

I do happen to be the one who made the spread sheet, and you are welcome :).  I tend to make those kinds of things for games with big lists like this, and I just assumed it might help others too, so I shared it.

Picking a favourite is difficult, as I enjoyed so many of them a lot.  If I had to pick a favourite, it would likely end up being VII.  It was the first one I played, really one of the first big RPG games I ever played.  I have played through it so many times now, and every time I do I still love it.  Close second would probably be X, mostly because of the awesome piano music.

24 minutes ago, Riadoro said:

You gonna have fun with that FFX

Was my most enjoyable Plat so far and after u finished all those FF Games, I recommend u to check out the Kingdom Hearts series, if u haven't yet.

Can't wait to play FFX as i've heard it is a lot of people's favorite.

Actually I LOVE kingdom hearts and have every platinum on PS3 AND PS4 (except CoM), it was one of the main reasons why I decided to give Final Fantasy a try!

1 minute ago, linkdevivo said:

Can't wait to play FFX as i've heard it is a lot of people's favorite.

Actually I LOVE kingdom hearts and have every platinum on PS3 AND PS4 (except CoM), it was one of the main reasons why I decided to give Final Fantasy a try!

Nice one! (Have to get that BBS Plat still..Terra Boss Battles keeping me away from it)

Yea FFIX is my actual favourite but I don't have the patience to do the 1000 rope jumps atm xD

3 minutes ago, Riadoro said:

Nice one! (Have to get that BBS Plat still..Terra Boss Battles keeping me away from it)

Yea FFIX is my actual favourite but I don't have the patience to do the 1000 rope jumps atm xD

Keep at it. The hardest terra boss battle if obviously Mysterious Figure but what i did was always thunder surge by running away from him and then pressing the command towards him. He tends to stagger more giving you that 1 second window for you to run away. Then when he disappears it's all luck by repeating the same strategy.

And the 1000 Rope Jumps were a fucking pain haha.

56 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I do happen to be the one who made the spread sheet, and you are welcome :).  I tend to make those kinds of things for games with big lists like this, and I just assumed it might help others too, so I shared it.

All right man, Haven't had a chance to use it as i'm having trouble with the final boss from chapter 12 (Proudclad 2nd battle). Been stuck here for 2 days. It's my final story related thing before grinding at the beginning of chapter 13. I'm stumped.

1 minute ago, linkdevivo said:

Keep at it. The hardest terra boss battle if obviously Mysterious Figure but what i did was always thunder surge by running away from him and then pressing the command towards him. He tends to stagger more giving you that 1 second window for you to run away. Then when he disappears it's all luck by repeating the same strategy.

And the 1000 Rope Jumps were a fucking pain haha.

Yea I've beaten that Mysterious boi already, after some hours and an almost smashed window. But that burned me so hard that I stopped playing, that's why I haven't beaten No heart with him yet. But I think I'll do that soon, then only Aqua is left.

I hope you enjoy yourself! There are lots of great games still left for you. There are also a few that are less exciting to me, but if I'm honest, even those games have their charm.

For FFX, I highly recommend completely maxing out your character (at least insofar as the limits of the game allow). It's so satisfying to have a characters with 255 in every stat (except Accuracy, which sucks), and high HP to boot. Standing in and taking shots from the Dark Aeons without even flinching (assuming they can hit you at all) is just delightful.

For FFXII, enjoy! I need to get back to it - I was getting so absorbed into it over my break that I was afraid it would affect my work, and put it on hiatus until the summer.

For FFXIII, ummm, errr...enjoy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hope you enjoy yourself! There are lots of great games still left for you. There are also a few that are less exciting to me, but if I'm honest, even those games have their charm.

For FFX, I highly recommend completely maxing out your character (at least insofar as the limits of the game allow). It's so satisfying to have a characters with 255 in every stat (except Accuracy, which sucks), and high HP to boot. Standing in and taking shots from the Dark Aeons without even flinching (assuming they can hit you at all) is just delightful.

For FFXII, enjoy! I need to get back to it - I was getting so absorbed into it over my break that I was afraid it would affect my work, and put it on hiatus until the summer.

For FFXIII, ummm, errr...enjoy?

Thanks man!! X and XII definitely are very high on my hype list!

As for XIII, it's beginning to drag a bit. I mean to be honest the combat is amazing (saving a lot of comments for when I get the platinum and will do a review) but the linear aspect and the way the cool story drags on and on and on is making this one harder to enjoy. It is a beautiful PS3 game though. Can't imagine how it looked to people back in 2010.

1 hour ago, Riadoro said:

Yea I've beaten that Mysterious boi already, after some hours and an almost smashed window. But that burned me so hard that I stopped playing, that's why I haven't beaten No heart with him yet. But I think I'll do that soon, then only Aqua is left.

Dude, if you already beat MF with Terra, then you're golden!!! early congrats on platinum i dare say lol

19 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

haha in reverse? sounds awesome dude keep me updated. I was considering FFXIV but i read somewhere that it's a 400 hour platinum or something stupid crazy like that so no thank you! Plus i'm not that into mmo's. Thanks for the good wishes!

lol sweet, you mean 1400, right? bc thats what it is.

you wouldn't make it in 2018 BUT consider it, it is really awesome, and I don't even like MMOs

Oh and I really hope you will make it through 13 to play Lightning returns someday, it was refreshing!

I still hope for the ps4 remaster trilogy just to play this game again

Edited by Ai-ds_low

6 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Oh and I really hope you will make it through 13 to play Lightning returns someday, it was refreshing!

Really? TBH i've only heard negative things about the sequels to 13. I'm curious but don't know if I should try them as i already have a pretty long way to go.

28 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

lol sweet, you mean 1400, right? bc thats what it is.

you wouldn't make it in 2018 BUT consider it, it is really awesome, and I don't even like MMOs

No you can platinum ffxiv in wayyy less hours. 100-400 is more like it. It varies based on how you play. If just going for the platinum, it will be closer to 100-150 because you'll know what to do to speed run it.

The only thing that is timed is the levi trophy An Adventures Life. That's why it "takes a long time" but not actual gaming time. It's just waiting for the timer to refresh after x amount of hours. It's server side so you can do some levi quests, then quit out of the game for the day, and play something else.

3 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Can't imagine how it looked to people back in 2010.

Absolutely gorgeous, still in the top 5 best looking ps3 games imo.

They couldve released it now and most people wouldn't even have known it was for ps3.

21 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Really? TBH i've only heard negative things about the sequels to 13. I'm curious but don't know if I should try them as i already have a pretty long way to go.

Eh it's complicated. I don't consider them canon to ffxiii, even though they blatently are. Fun gameplay for all 3 though. I don't regret platinuming them

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

No you can platinum ffxiv in wayyy less hours. 100-400 is more like it. It varies based on how you play. If just going for the platinum, it will be closer to 100-150 because you'll know what to do to speed run it.

The only thing that is timed is the levi trophy An Adventures Life. That's why it "takes a long time" but not actual gaming time. It's just waiting for the timer to refresh after x amount of hours. It's server side so you can do some levi quests, then quit out of the game for the day, and play something else.

I am currently playing it and I cant believe it can be done in 150h. the only chance to speed it up a bit is if you have an experienced player who can tell you what to do and help you so you don't have to play with randoms (or less randoms at least). Which I luckily have

the estimated time by user voting in the german forum is 1000 and these guys tend to cheat a bit and vote less time to brag.

playstationtrophies.org says 600 at least, psn profiles says 900. If you don't have a friend to help at all and it is your first time in this game I think that is more realistic.

and the leve quests, well they cost lifetime, not playtime, but you still have to craft items for it (if you want it quick at least). I craftet only cheap items for my 1000 items per job trophies that I could use later for leves so some time is saved here. but still.

and of cause the fates take time,  especially when you run around searching for them and not one will start for some time.

Let alone the time to craft 1000 things in every job.

I am close to finish these, I still need 3 jobs so farming the items I need to craft the easiest, cheapest things, the crafting itself and all is what took 300h already, and I just killed ifrit, thats not that far in the main story. I knew from the beinning where to go and and what to do, even with the few days I just made some sidequests for fun with my friend, there is no way to get there in less time. yeah 1400 was kind of a joke but 800 to 1000 is serious and I don't think we will be under 800 when we get the plat.

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

No seriously, the 13-series is getting better with every game imo

The fandom is split in half here, but I really don't know what the problem is that all these haters have. I loved it to death

and if you like the combat system of 13, 13-2 is almost the same but they fixed the little problems with it and added an awesome story idea to the mix, the whole story of 13 can unfold completely through the following games (and a bit with type-0 too)

Just think about it, fandom is 50/50 and you shouldn't back off bc of what you've heard maybe you will be one of us who loves what they did in the series. only one way to find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ai-ds_low said:

I am currently playing it and I cant believe it can be done in 150h. the only chance to speed it up a bit is if you have an experienced player who can tell you what to do and help you so you don't have to play with randoms (or less randoms at least). Which I luckily have

the estimated time by user voting in the german forum is 1000 and these guys tend to cheat a bit and vote less time to brag.

playstationtrophies.org says 600 at least, psn profiles says 900. If you don't have a friend to help at all and it is your first time in this game I think that is more realistic.

and the leve quests, well they cost lifetime, not playtime, but you still have to craft items for it (if you want it quick at least). I craftet only cheap items for my 1000 items per job trophies that I could use later for leves so some time is saved here. but still.

and of cause the fates take time,  especially when you run around searching for them and not one will start for some time.

Let alone the time to craft 1000 things in every job.

I am close to finish these, I still need 3 jobs so farming the items I need to craft the easiest, cheapest things, the crafting itself and all is what took 300h already, and I just killed ifrit, thats not that far in the main story. I knew from the beinning where to go and and what to do, even with the few days I just made some sidequests for fun with my friend, there is no way to get there in less time. yeah 1400 was kind of a joke but 800 to 1000 is serious and I don't think we will be under 800 when we get the plat.

If you get into a really nice(not big) FC then it's totally doable. You'd have to skip all dialog, which would be sad, and get close and get help from the FC members. My FC gave/gives me armor and weapons that were wayyy overpowered, so battles were fast. There's also a place in c.... Carthus(God I murdered the name) that spawns fates back to back with no waiting that my FC showed me. 

Plus if you really want to speed it up you can buy lvl 60(50?) power ups so you don't have to grind lvls.

I dont know how to speed up the crafting though, I'm a fisherman(yes the most useless class haha) so I'm not familiar enough, but I'm sure there's grinding speed guides.

But yeah help goes a long way in speeding up. I did all coils in like an hour lol

I'm just saying it's possible. Not necessarily fun, easy, solo, or cheap speed running the plat. 

1 hour ago, Ai-ds_low said:

The fandom is split in half here, but I really don't know what the problem is that all these haters have. I loved it to death

and if you like the combat system of 13, 13-2 is almost the same but they fixed the little problems with it and added an awesome story idea to the mix, the whole story of 13 can unfold completely through the following games (and a bit with type-0 too)

Just think about it, fandom is 50/50 and you shouldn't back off bc of what you've heard maybe you will be one of us who loves what they did in the series. only one way to find out.

^^^^This agreed 109%.  

Plus in 13-2 you can collect monsters which I enjoyed a lot!

You really won't know till you play them for yourself.

I personally thought I'd hate 13-3, but I enjoyed most of it! Though I disliked the story for the most part....

And Type-0 is my favorite of the new FFs(post FFX)!

• Like 1

I would agree if you mainline FFXIV it can be done in 150-200hrs easy, especially if you have someone drop you shards or money early on. I think I am in around 250-300hrs and 1/2 way through final expansion but really only playing story quests now. All crafting can be set to auto craft so only actual grind trophies are 1k fish, 1k fates, 1k leve and maybe 100

instance dungeons if you only play base game. I would hazard a guess that getting the plat requires you to play maybe 10% of what the game actually offers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Ok ok, you have my interest. I'll leave them for when i finish X, XII and XV (again).. you convinced me to give them a try!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

I agree with the emboldened text (although 50/50 is probably optimistic for the lovers of FFXIII, given the massive decline in sales for the sequels). I personally disliked each sequel more than the one preceding it, but that's just me. You might like it. And if you have a quest to finish them all, you can't really back out because of hearsay.

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I agree with the emboldened text (although 50/50 is probably optimistic for the lovers of FFXIII, given the massive decline in sales for the sequels). I personally disliked each sequel more than the one preceding it, but that's just me. You might like it. And if you have a quest to finish them all, you can't really back out because of hearsay.

Well, i did say in my original post that it would only be the mainline singleplayer ff games. And that if the game preceding it was engaging i would give the sequels a try. I'm starting to think that a lot of people just read the headline haha. I wonder if this is what a games media outlet feels ?

Type zero was fun and was one of my easier platinum's, it is generally cheap too, worth it!

I am on a similar kick myself I need to get X/X-2 again, I have Royal Edition and Zodiac Age to work on for now, been a long time fan of the series, I got on FF kicks every couple years. 

Definitely bought most of the good ones 2-3 times. 

• Like 1

Good luck on that journey. For me the franchise lost its appeal with 12 and peaked with being awful with 13. Stupid me went for all the trophies anyway, hoping that the further I dive into the game, the better they get but that didn't happen. And then I was fooled again when everybody was saying 13-2 got rid of everything awful.

While it was better than 13 it still wasn't what I expected, so I had to give up on that beloved franchise. But since you like 15 you might like the parts I despise so much. Even though it would surprise me if you like all entries. ;)

• Like 1