Just saying Hi!

LionSharky

Since I use the site a lot for tracking my trophies, reading guides and even reading on the forum I thought it was time to introduce myself.

I am a 31 years young girl, I live in the Netherlands and like to game a lot.
Somehow I'm addicted to that pling sound and I have this strange urge to get those platinum trophies in most games.

Most, not all because some just get me frustrated and I still play for the fun of gaming. Get frustrated enough in normal life ?

• Like 4

Hey,

you took off really nicely - I am also aiming for 50 plats/year, but with my current progress it seems pretty much impossible (these online grinds are taking way too long! :facepalm:) - unless I 'slyded' some mayo into my profile, but I don't really feel like doing that. :P

Also, I had no idea that there was a Pura PSN avatar! ? Over the last few years I've kind of got used to the default one, but if I had to change it, a Pura avatar would probably be my number one choice - my first ever PSN account was actually named after Pura. ?

Don't forget to update us about your :platinum: #100. ?

I wish you many more gaming accomplishments! :wave:

• Like 1

Thanks all!

12 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

The Last of Us! 1f60d.png Did it myself recently

Well if I did not gave it to a friend then that would be an option. Since he just have it 2 days I don't think I will get it back any time soon.
More thinking about Doom since I already started that one and is back from my friend ?

3 hours ago, Platagonist said:

Hey,

you took off really nicely - I am also aiming for 50 plats/year, but with my current progress it seems pretty much impossible (these online grinds are taking way too long! :facepalm:) - unless I 'slyded' some mayo into my profile, but I don't really feel like doing that. :P

Also, I had no idea that there was a Pura PSN avatar! 1f633.png Over the last few years I've kind of got used to the default one, but if I had to change it, a Pura avatar would probably be my number one choice - my first ever PSN account was actually named after Pura. 1f63b.png

Don't forget to update us about your :platinum: #100. 1f609.png

I wish you many more gaming accomplishments! :wave:

Well I do have a lot of easy games, no mayo thank god ? Not so much multyiplayers because of those grinds ?

I got the avatar as pre-order bonus from Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, not sure if it is sold separately or really only given as pre-order bonus.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @LionSharky, how are you? :)

I was forced to take a break from gaming altogether due to some personal issues, so I apologize for a late reply! :blush:

I see that you are quite indecisive about your #100 :platinum: milestone, which reminds me of myself - during the last month I've changed my plans for 500th trophy and #10 :platinum: milestones at least 3 times, so I guess this time I will just let it play out by itself. ?

Also, I see that you :platinum:ted Gravity Rush - and I've just done this game recently! So far it's the game that I've been enjoying the most! ? I am really looking forward to playing it's sequel next month - for this month I prepared the Platagonist's 10 Plats May Challenge for myself, because considering that I currently don't have access to most of my consoles, I see this as a great opportunity to finally boost my Trophies Per Day ratio and get closer to my 50 :platinum:s/year goal. ? I noticed that you also started Gravity Rush 2, but have not finished it - do you remember what put you off? ❓

Lastly, I'd like to thank you for your reply regarding the Pura avatar and I wish you a nice day! ?

@Platagonist I'm fine and you? :)

Well I just can't choose, do I want a rare :platinum: or do I just want a game I enjoy for the #100 :platinum: And even if I choose a game I enjoy which one? I have to many games. Got a little addicted to Far Cry 5 so maybe that will be #100 , who knows.

Sure not going to be Hannah Montana as @MMDE suggest ?

I started a lot of games to abandon them very quickly, noting to do with the game but with all the other games I have. Sometimes I just can't choose and then I go play different games for a few hours untill one got my full attention.

5 hours ago, LionSharky said:

Well I just can't choose, do I want a rare :platinum: or do I just want a game I enjoy for the #100 :platinum: And even if I choose a game I enjoy which one? I have to many games. Got a little addicted to Far Cry 5 so maybe that will be #100 , who knows.

Sure not going to be Hannah Montana as @MMDE suggest 1f602.png

I started a lot of games to abandon them very quickly, noting to do with the game but with all the other games I have. Sometimes I just can't choose and then I go play different games for a few hours untill one got my full attention.

It's a classic though. I among others did it. And I did Barbie for 200.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

It's a classic though. I among others did it. And I did Barbie for 200.

Well both are not the type of games I like to play, sure it is fun to see them as milestones but I wan't something I like ?

19 hours ago, LionSharky said:

Sure not going to be Hannah Montana as @MMDE suggest 1f602.png

I am glad to hear that you are doing well! ?

I typically tend to choose by some witty or nice Trophy names when going for milestones, but this is not exactly easy, because it's pretty hard to calculate the trophy to pop in the correct order (so I mostly research just the trophies at the beginning of games - the ones that have a high percentage of achievers) and when I finally find something, this trophy is either part of a DLC or non-:platinum: game which both I pretty much avoid. ?

I finally came up with the trophy for my #500 Trophy Milestone, and it's :bronze:The Stranger from Bastion. I think it's a nice name for this milestone, because after only 500 trophies, I am still a stranger to most of the people in here! ? I used this trophy as my First Trophy milestone on my old profile, so it was also the first proper PS4 :platinum: of mine (since I've made my latest two accounts and started to play on PS4 seriously), plus so far I've been enjoying this game the most of all the games that I had played (on both profiles), so I think giving it this milestone is the right move. :wub:

However, I am now struggling with the 10th Platinum milestone  - at first I was 100% sure about Killzone 2, because I've spent more than a month in this game when I was leading my :gold:Valor Grand Cross group, and I also chose the Killzone platinum as my first :platinum: deliberately, so that I could choose Killzone 2 as #10, Killzone 3 as #20 et cetera.

But now when I don't have access to my Playstation 3 consoles, I have to come up with something new. So far I have these ideas:

1.) A simple :platinum:Platinum from Deadlight Director's Cut, this would be my first Ultra-Rare :platinum: on this profile and my First Platinum milestone is called the same.

2.) :platinum:Completionist from Claire, this might or might not be a funny pun, because if you check my Completion Percentage, it's really terrible! ? Still, I consider myself a completionist of some sort (most likely a 'Platmpletionist' :P), because I always go for :platinum:s in games (unless I do their online portion first and decide to go back to their single player later, or, unless I play the games just for fun and don't care about their trophies - majority of the games in my profile are these cases :angel:)

3.) Ruining my Bastion timestamp and also choosing it's :platinum:You Done Good as my #10 :platinum:. This trophy would remind me that I did well in the Platagonist's 10 May Plats Challenge by :platinum:ting many games and raising my Trophies per Day ratio. But at this point (and also when I reach my #10 :platinum:) I can't be sure if I'll do well or not. :dunno:

So, you can see that you definitely are not the only one with Milestone problems. ^_^ If I failed Killzone 2, a back-up milestone plan for me was Need for Speed: Undercover which still holds a special place in my heart, because it was my first platinum ever (in March, 2010). Sadly it's a PS3 game as well and due to my challenge I am currently limited only to :platinum:s from the following games:

I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and I wish you a nice day! :wave: