Microtransactions will be removed soon

15 minutes ago, Sir Eatsalot said:

It's a step in the right direction.

Not really. Peoples main complaint was that "the devs made the grind excessive to persuade people into buying microtransactions". (As if grindy games didn't exist before this gen lol)

Now the game will be just as grindy but there won't be anything to blame their lazyness on lol.

• Like 1

The microtransactions should stay, I wanna be able to buy gold...but the grind should be reduced at the same time!!.......

No trophies are effected by this. The microtransaction were 100% optional and didn't speed anything up. I don't even know why they were in the game, they were so useless. I'm pretty sure they're being removed because no one was using them, so there's no point in trying to make money off it anymore (you had to connect to their online server to buy, which would require maintenance, which costs them money).

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

Good news. Of course it's pretty pointless in that the end of the game is still a grindy chore because it was designed to bore you into buying lootboxes

Why is this myth still a thing? Yes, the endgame is a grindy bore, but by this point everyone should know that lootboxes won't in any way help you with it. Your orcs will die like fools regardless of where you got them, and at that point in the game your character can sleepwalk through every battle anyway. People act like this game invented grinding. If you're using this site you likely know better.

• Like 1

About freaking time! It doesn't repair the damage, but at least we know now that our complaints have an impact! This is a good victory though since this and Battlefront 2 were the two big games to have lootboxes last year, Battlefront 2 brought them back but from at least what i heard its just cosmetic (why wasn't it that in the first place?)

7 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Not really. Peoples main complaint was that "the devs made the grind excessive to persuade people into buying microtransactions". (As if grindy games didn't exist before this gen lol)

Now the game will be just as grindy but there won't be anything to blame their lazyness on lol.

The thing is, from the moment you put microtransactions and loot boxes in your game, you lose the benefit of the doubt. If you just had a grindy game, that's all it was - a grindy game. The developers just wanted you to stick with the game for longer than you would have without having to actually put in more content. But as soon as you have ways to speed up your progress for real money, then you're not just an incompetent developer - you're a greedy developer.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I’m assuming that they’ll release a patch to obtain more gold in the game once the micro transactions are removed. 

Some people on other sites think this means a GOTY is in the making.

I never got this game because it released at an unfortunate moment for me. Can't remember exactly when but it was when a lot of other games were releasing that were of a higher priority to me.

If the GOTY thing is true, I might just get it right away if the microtransactions are also removed. I liked the first game.

Wasn't the first game also a grind though? Seeing as people in this thread are saying the second game is a grind...

5 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Why is this myth still a thing? Yes, the endgame is a grindy bore, but by this point everyone should know that lootboxes won't in any way help you with it. Your orcs will die like fools regardless of where you got them, and at that point in the game your character can sleepwalk through every battle anyway. People act like this game invented grinding. If you're using this site you likely know better.

I agree with you actually. You don't need to buy lootboxes to finish the game, I didn't buy any. Doesn't stop act IV being the way it is just to sell them though.

Good. Now remove the artificial grind that was only implemented to encourage people to buy the microtransactions...

So basically the greedy fucks at WB want to have their cake and eat it. They've already gotten all that money from the microtransactions bought by people around launch, and now that it has inevitably died down on the account of this being a singleplayer game, they want to cash in on the goodwill they would receive by getting rid of them. I could definitely see them doing some kind of GOTY edition in the near future. I just hope people who avoided the game at launch due to the microtransactions don't fall for it. They haven't had a change of heart, it was almost certainly a part of their strategy from the very beginning.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I agree with you actually. You don't need to buy lootboxes to finish the game, I didn't buy any. Doesn't stop act IV being the way it is just to sell them though.

But that was only one part of my point. I was also saying that the lootboxes simply don't provide any help in act 4. Like literally none, your orcs will be useless regardless, so it isn't really valid to say that act 4 is as it is because of them. You're repeating a talking point made before the game even released that we now know is demonstrably false.

The only use of the lootboxes is in case you want to actively participate in the online portion of the game, and I mean far beyond what the trophy list forces you to do. At that point you might as well treat it as a separate game, and as a result I don't see an issue with the online store as it was. And I'm saying this as someone who would never spend a dime even if I did decide to participate. They are likely shutting it down to cut down on costs since it's unlikely that anyone else would have spent money on it either. Not cause of some misguided moral outcry that we by now should be informed enough not to perpetuate.

This game represents everything wrong with the industry, after getting a little good will from fans after making a frankly mediocre hack and slash game they decided to nickle and dime those fans  as much as they could at a clear detriment to gameplay, then months later after getting all the cash they could from whales and seeing the backlash in Star Wars battlefront they decide to remove the thing they defended for months to get some good press. 

I hope this game franchise dies.

I bought a lot of loot boxes. The ones you bought with in game currency. I also bought a few xp boosts because there was a daily challenge that awarded 500 gold. I never felt inclined to spend money. I guess you could argue it's for casual players that don't play a lot but I doubt they would make enough money on that demographic