How do you feel about this game?

I was just curious on how much everyone liked or disliked the game now that all the DLC is out. I personally loved 

this game except those stupid Hippodrome races. I really enjoyed the combat and the open world. The story was ok, not horrible. The expansions were really good; but again, story was meh. But I would just like to see everybody else's opinion.

It took me more than half the game to start caring where the story was going. By the end I was interested in what was happening. I liked the setting of Egypt, However the world was a bit too big. there were a few areas that had nothing in them. why add those? to show it is a massive desert? I liked the reworked combat, and leveling up system. I did not care for all the random side quests. Was going through them at first to do everything, but eventually It just watered down my experience. Was a beautiful looking game, story was alright. Combat was fun, the big cities and landmarks in Egypt were cool to see. I would place it in the middle if rating all the main series games. 

• Like 1

The setting is excellent, Ancient Egypt is done so well.

I thought Bayek carried on about his kid too much and it got annoying. Other than that I liked the story though it took me some time to get into it.

Wish Cleopatra didn't sound English because that's just stupid.

Really enjoyed the game. Nearly done with my umpteenth play through before I put it back on the shelf for a while. The story was a simplistic one about revenge. I would have liked a side quest in the Pharaohs DLC with Bayek reuniting with this son in the Afterlife one last time. And I would have liked more animals in the open world. Bull sharks in the Nile, giraffes, rhinos, zebras, water buffalo, cheetahs, and maybe replace the cobras with sidewinders and/or black mambas.

Initially, I really liked all the question marks because I enjoyed going to bandit camps and trying to stealth the area. Once I became max level, I got more impatient, though. Lol. That said, I agree with the comment that I wasn't fond of all the side quests. Unlike Witcher 3, EVERY side quest in ACO was to assassinate someone or carry someone out of a bandit camp, etc. Not much diversity and they became more boring and tedious to accomplish.

Outside of that, I really enjoyed the game as a whole.

Don’t really see how it’s much different to previous iterations, despite the supposed overhaul. The combat is different, true, but not better. They took one bad system and replaced it with another. Every boss in the game pretty much can be defeated with exactly the same tactics. It feels like a clumsy attempt to recreate a SoulsBorne system.

Oh, and the mini-map is littered with pointless shit like usual. I played it on Xbox one btw.

• Like 1

I am egyptian so of course I had to play it I think they nailed the visuals. I was a little bothered about the accents used but honestly they are better than the most British Paris in ac unity of course they had to ruin Cleopatra's accent and make her british for no reason. The rest of the game is a classic Ubisoft game which feels like recycled assist all over the place and the size of the map is just absurd the fact you can finish the entire main story without defogging the while map makes it obvious they still dont care and this is a money grab to them, which brings me to the stupid microtransactions the design of the game is fundamentally flawed seeing that you can jump in finish the story in few hours buy loads of gold go to the hidden ones hideout and buy 1000xp till you Max which makes the whole experiance system pointless also buying abilities, animal skins and collectable locastions which already show as question marks. Hate to bring the witcher but can you imagine finishing the story and maxing out not cause you grinded your ass off but cause you bought the xp. I get that it's single player and it's optional and all that bs but many times I just wanted to buy the stupid items rasther than wander the vastness of the map collecting dumb animal skins! Overall it's a good game that was manufactured rather than artistically thought after and cared for. 

23 minutes ago, Markshenoda said:

I am egyptian so of course I had to play it I think they nailed the visuals. I was a little bothered about the accents used but honestly they are better than the most British Paris in ac unity of course they had to ruin Cleopatra's accent and make her british for no reason. The rest of the game is a classic Ubisoft game which feels like recycled assist all over the place and the size of the map is just absurd the fact you can finish the entire main story without defogging the while map makes it obvious they still dont care and this is a money grab to them, which brings me to the stupid microtransactions the design of the game is fundamentally flawed seeing that you can jump in finish the story in few hours buy loads of gold go to the hidden ones hideout and buy 1000xp till you Max which makes the whole experiance system pointless also buying abilities, animal skins and collectable locastions which already show as question marks. Hate to bring the witcher but can you imagine finishing the story and maxing out not cause you grinded your ass off but cause you bought the xp. I get that it's single player and it's optional and all that bs but many times I just wanted to buy the stupid items rasther than wander the vastness of the map collecting dumb animal skins! Overall it's a good game that was manufactured rather than artistically thought after and cared for. 

...... i just grinded my way through the pharohs dlc cause i totally forgot i could just buy the last few levels lol it was fun but geeze needless hours after finishing everything and i mean everything else they could atleast have given more exp for stuff doing a ton of stuff for hours and seeing that level guage rise by just a hair was killing me but i did it

12 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

...... i just grinded my way through the pharohs dlc cause i totally forgot i could just buy the last few levels lol it was fun but geeze needless hours after finishing everything and i mean everything else they could atleast have given more exp for stuff doing a ton of stuff for hours and seeing that level guage rise by just a hair was killing me but i did it

Yea honestly the xp system doesn't make sense to me in comparison to a more traditional RPG, you can cheese your way out of killing an enemy that's higher level than you and the game still doesn't reward you exponentially like it should.

Kodos for you for reaching 55 tho I avoided buying the second DLC just cause I know I would hate to level up and would hate it more if the LVL 55 is the only trophy I don't have reminds me of start wars bf1 I only have the reach lvl100 left and I will probably never do it. 

Had a real love/hate relationship with Origins. Started by hating the combat as it just felt really sloppy, particularly coming straight off the back of Horizon's bow mechanics. It was so frustrating that it put me off playing for a couple of weeks. Then I returned and persevered and the typical Ubi tropes got their hooks in me, really enjoyed conquering and collecting along with strengthening Bayek. Then I got about 3/4 through the story and I wished it would just end already, I spent 180hrs with The Witcher but this seemed to feel longer for some reason. I'm currently just completing the remaining locations so I popped it down to Easy in an effort to get it over with. I did really enjoy the world, and certain other things for a while, but it won't leave it's mark on me like Horizon and Witcher did.

Also I know it's probably integral to the AC series, but I wish the games remained where they are set without the Animus nonsense. It really breaks the flow going back and forth.

Edited by g-bake_1986
  • Like 2

I was bored after about 2 hours. Game area is far too big, the eagle is rubbish and the combat system flawed beyond belief. I didn't think the old 'counter' combat system was broken so why fix it with a block dodge strike system needing L1/R1 to use?. Didn't like the levelling up RPG style menu's (I gave up on Darksiders 2 for this reason). Yes, basically what I'm saying is that I think the old set up was way better, it didn't need 'improved', and thank god I didn't waste nearly £35 on a season pass. Won't be buying another AC game.

• Like 1

Not perfect by a long shot but the best Assassin's Creed game in years, in my opinion.

I mainly thought the acting could be a bit narmy, especially when kids were involved.

The setting was awesome though and the gameplay is cool.

Just bought the The Hidden Ones DLC, and I'll buy the other DLC when it's on a sale (might not even wait that long, which is unusual for me since I normally buy AC games day one but wait with DLC untill they're super cheap).

Edited by Riq IV

On 4/6/2018 at 10:15 AM, g-bake_1986 said:

Also I know it's probably integral to the AC series, but I wish the games remained where they are set without the Animus nonsense. It really breaks the flow going back and forth.

Fully agree with you on the stupid Animus crap. They had to include it from the beginning, meaning every subsequent entry needed to include it, too. Wish they had never incorporated it. No one cares about the present day of the AC series. We just want to stay in the past, where each AC primarily takes place.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Fully agree with you on the stupid Animus crap. They had to include it from the beginning, meaning every subsequent entry needed to include it, too. Wish they had never incorporated it. No one cares about the present day of the AC series. We just want to stay in the past, where each AC primarily takes place.

I wouldn't mind a full game set in the present (like the last Hitman game with added freerunning and less clothes changing) but that still would mean no jumping back and forth.

I did like the present day story from Origins more than anything with Desmond, though.

I'm surprised to see so many negative reactions to it tbh. I just powered through it this past week and I thought it was lovely, the story was pretty good, I loved Bayek, I thought the gameplay was pretty good, like a mix of Witcher 3 with some Horizon and some old AC added there. The world was beautiful, with a lot of detail and the map felt very much alive.

And the curse of the Pharaohs may very well be the best AC dlc ever released.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it was my 1st assassins creed game.  I got bored with it fast.  The world is too large.  The missions although different all feel the same.  From a platinum prospective it had one of the most boring collectible grinds imaginable. I enjoyed the DLC more then the main game.   I'm playing my second Assassins Creed game right now Syndicate and I'm enjoying it a lot more.  Everything is scaled down in size and task and it is just a better experience.   

• Like 3