Online Service Shut Down June 29 2018

TrophyDad

If I'm not mistaken the only online trophy should be Theme Master.

I'm also not surprised they're shutting this down. It was extremely fun at first, but it had so many issues. I was trying to purchase more songs for the game and it wasn't connecting me to their servers (essentially their servers were shit) and the entire time with customer support they were trying to point the finger at me saying it was my internet, my connection... even though I was doing multiple internet required things at the time.

Got this plat a while ago and all I can say is good riddance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I'm also not surprised they're shutting this down. It was extremely fun at first, but it had so many issues. I was trying to purchase more songs for the game and it wasn't connecting me to their servers (essentially their servers were shit) and the entire time with customer support they were trying to point the finger at me saying it was my internet, my connection... even though I was doing multiple internet required things at the time.

That's literally the shittiest form of customer service given. I hate when they do that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Lol just my luck, i literally just got this game on easter to play with my fiance.

do you need to purchase songs for the platinum?

Just now, Property_Damage said:

Lol just my luck, i literally just got this game on easter to play with my fiance.

do you need to purchase songs for the platinum?

There's .5% of me that feels like you do, but I feel like you shouldn't need to. Just play through all of the songs listed or even count them all up and see if there's at least 45.. if there's not you're going to have to see if you can purchase them. Obviously PSN network shouldn't have a problem selling you a blue/green pass, but once you have that and you try to buy the songs from the game.. you may have complications. Although last time I played this game was Sept - Oct of 2016, so it may work now..

I also forgot about some other online trophies.

Radio Star

TV Star

Movie Star

Also, pro tip. If you just need to stop singing because you need to sing A LOT in this game.. Just put your phone against the speaker of the tv and there you go. I believe if it's not getting any voices, it wont count the song as played.

2 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

There's .5% of me that feels like you do, but I feel like you shouldn't need to. Just play through all of the songs listed or even count them all up and see if there's at least 45.. if there's not you're going to have to see if you can purchase them. Obviously PSN network shouldn't have a problem selling you a blue/green pass, but once you have that and you try to buy the songs from the game.. you may have complications. Although last time I played this game was Sept - Oct of 2016, so it may work now..

I also forgot about some other online trophies.

Radio Star

TV Star

Movie Star

Also, pro tip. If you just need to stop singing because you need to sing A LOT in this game.. Just put your phone against the speaker of the tv and there you go. I believe if it's not getting any voices, it wont count the song as played.

I just quickly glanced at the guide from .org and it says theres 40 songs in the game and by the time you complete those youll unlock bonus songs and its suppossedly enough to reach 45

• Like 1

My local GameStop had like a stack of at least 20 of these behind the counter so I asked if I could have one for free, so now I am sitting here with a muted tv, watching a laptop fan faceroll through the trackline of Frozen's Let It Go...

Trophy hunting at its best.

52 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

My local GameStop had like a stack of at least 20 of these behind the counter so I asked if I could have one for free, so now I am sitting here with a muted tv, watching a laptop fan faceroll through the trackline of Frozen's Let It Go...

Trophy hunting at its best.

Dang, getting a game for free from GameStop sounds like a pretty good deal...the only good deal you can get from GameStop *kappa*

I'll have to pick it up for $8...which is still not bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So according to the trophy guide it requires 1-2 microphones but I was wondering if I get multiple phones all with the app would that be acceptable or do I 100 percent need to get 1 or two microphones to get all the trophies? Any help would be appreciated greatly. 

On 4-6-2018 at 10:03 PM, dragon11gggg said:

So according to the trophy guide it requires 1-2 microphones but I was wondering if I get multiple phones all with the app would that be acceptable or do I 100 percent need to get 1 or two microphones to get all the trophies? Any help would be appreciated greatly. 

2 phones or tablets should be enough with Android you will need camera but those are on the phones. You don't need any Singstar mic or PS4 camera because a friend told me this and he plat it. If you check the game case you see the phone picture  "Your phone is your mic". But you can also use the PS4 Camera or an headset that you can use with your PC or Laptop. It doesn't need to be a Singstar microphone.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

11 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

2 phones or tablets should be enough with Android you will need camera but those are on the phones. You don't need any Singstar mic or PS4 camera because a friend told me this and he plat it. If you check the game case you see the phone picture  "Your phone is your mic". But you can also use the PS4 Camera or an headset that you can use with your PC or Laptop. It doesn't need to be a Singstar microphone.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out and give me some information about the game. 

14 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

Thanks for taking the time to help me out and give me some information about the game. 

Just to add on to what was already said, you can use the mic that comes with the PS4 as a mic on this game too. So one of them and either a smart phone or a PS4 camera and you should be good to go. 

Someone on .Org said to use a white noise generator rather than a fan, I tried this and I have gotten 5 stars every time, so if anyone still wants the plat I would definitely recommend that over a fan

4 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Just to add on to what was already said, you can use the mic that comes with the PS4 as a mic on this game too. So one of them and either a smart phone or a PS4 camera and you should be good to go. 

Someone on .Org said to use a white noise generator rather than a fan, I tried this and I have gotten 5 stars every time, so if anyone still wants the plat I would definitely recommend that over a fan

Okay good to know thanks 

You don't need to purchase songs to get the platinum. I was singing at first; but then I noticed the game didn't detect if I was singing nicely or horribly or the wrong words or just speaking or just if I was in a noisy room or just if it was my box fan on the microphone. LOL. As long as your microphone is picking anything up you're going to go far in this game. You can platinum it while you are mostly idle. 

Edited by Toogie53

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have tested in on my dummy and was working just fine, I managed to upload 20 videos with no issue.

Now started it with my main and the "Retreiving data from server" stucks at 88%...

Edit: Checked another account - no issues... Connecting fine. And seems that there is a lot of users affected by this stuck at 88%.

Edited by Smashero