Terrible anti fun game.

Tusked-Lattice

um last i checked the premis of the movies was also big open mostly deserted landscape (it is the australian outback after an apocolyptic event) collecting of gas ad car parts, and the occasional car combat and fist fighting  so it kinda lives up to the movies lol least from what i remember of them anyway i mean what did you expect the game to be like its litterally pulling from the movies but with its own plot

um last i checked the premis of the movies was also big open mostly deserted landscape (it is the australian outback after an apocolyptic event) collecting of gas ad car parts, and the occasional car combat and fist fighting  so it kinda lives up to the movies lol least from what i remember of them anyway i mean what did you expect the game to be like its litterally pulling from the movies but with its own plot

• Like 2

I'm not gonna disagree, I tend to like the Ubisoft formula. But somehow this is the most Ubisoft-y game that goes way too far with what to do for the completionists. Also, the story was really quite terrible, and Max as a character is just not likable. The fun parts were repeated to the extent that they stopped being fun.

However, in defense against your criticisms, collecting water and gas was never an issue for me.

3 minutes ago, Steampunk-XLIV said:

Oh my goodness, I was about about to get that game because i loved the movie too, I wonder why IGN reviewed it with 8.4

I think they don't tend to play games to extent that the repetition starts to become a problem. Still, I'd say try it out, it is free after all.

Personally, the game would have been much more enjoyable if the map was smaller and the busywork required for upgrades less of a grind.

• Like 1

The worst thing to me is that you can only disarm landmines when you are in a buggy with your doggo.

So you can't even complete this type of "collectibles" if you come across them - no no, you have to go back to a stronghold, change a vehicle and comeback.

...not to mention all those hidden insignias....ehhhh. Never liked the game and only enjoyed some of the part in free-roaming after the story.

• Like 1

Personally I found it pretty enjoyable considering it's the only game that I've played that had this specific theme to it that I can think of that I've played. The collectibles were a bit rough though, they glitched on me at one point making me start over. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Lmao not sure you are playing the same mad max I played then. If this game is trash please enlighten everyone on what masterpieces you play?

You mean like a similar game?

I guess I already mentioned Just Cause is pretty fun, Sleeping Dogs is pretty good and that has the same combat system in fact I'm deleting Mad Max and downloading Sleeping Dogs to play that again since it's on sale. 

40 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

I guess I already mentioned Just Cause is pretty fun, Sleeping Dogs is pretty good and that has the same combat system in fact I'm deleting Mad Max and downloading Sleeping Dogs to play that again since it's on sale. 

While both of those games are good and I highly enjoyed both but mad max is by far better then both in my opinion and captures the the feel of mad max films. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

While both of those games are good and I highly enjoyed both but mad max is by far better then both in my opinion and captures the the feel of mad max films. 

You think a bland empty open world with a terrible story and nothing to do besides collect scrap is better than games with interesting activities, good stories with actual variety? 

Edited by Tusked-Lattice

I loved this game initially I thought it felt a lot like the 2nd mad max movie but after awhile it did get a bit repetitive especially going for the platinum. But then again I was driving a bitch ass car with a thunderpoon so I couldn't really complain. 

Have you actually played mad max because it is anything but a bland open world game with a shit story. You are either a troll or honestly have bad taste in games. Plus just cause games have shit stories and similar activities to do in its open world as well so you don't know what you are talking about....

• Like 4

Some of you gamers already saying you not going to play it based on this guys opinion. God dam the game is for free so just download it and try it for yourself. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would not get put off on what he's just said. I had a blast en route to the platinum on Mad Max. I also went into the game with no expectations. 

• Like 4

I played it when it was 'new' and I liked it. Got a bit grindy towards the end of the story so I just did the story missions without exploring any more.

Traded the game on for something else without going for the 100% grind, so I'm glad it's on PS+ now so I can play it again.

I thought it was fun while it lasted. Not as awesome as Just Cause 3 but definitely a passing grade, even though I see a lot in the game of what I think is wrong with AAA games these days. In the end, it's a fun post-apocalyptic car and gun game.

11 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Funny I had the exact opposite experience.

I personally really liked Mad Max, and hated Just Cause 3. For the same reasons; bad combat, bland uninteresting open world, terrible story. I can see how they're similar but somehow I enjoyed the combat in Mad Max and found the open world to be interesting and the story to be all right. Though it gets grindy if you want the platinum.

To each it's own.