Terrible anti fun game.

Tusked-Lattice

14 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

This game is boring anti fun trash hot damn, when I read the Just Cause guys were making a game I expected a fun Mad Max game for messing about and stuff maybe some cool vehicle combat. 

Instead I get some dull repetitive baby sitting simulator with a terrible batman combat system empty open world about collecting gas, water and bits of scrap.  

What makes it even worse is when you watch that awesome Fury Road movie and imagine the amazing game it could have been.

Another terrible PS plus month also.

Hilarious opinion , but it almost gave me cancer

I have do admit, while his wording is completely off, the game isn't really what I've expected. The story is neither funny or thrilling, the world is really empty (I've expected much more cool stuff to find, like small villages with old houses to explore). Instead it's just a scrap collection simulator in a wasteland, there is nothing but small camps that look almost all the same. You just take your loot and go out again. Where are the little hidden story to discover everywhere, I mean, just look at Falllout, there is something cool to find every 5 meters.

Edited by bioxz

Playing this now and it's pretty fun I must say.  Nothing breath-taking but not bad as well.  It's good in small doses and I'm playing it a few hours here and there.

I've played and enjoyed half of the Assasin's Creed games and it's a similar formula allbeit in a different setting and less the historical references/mashups. 

3 hours ago, bioxz said:

I have do admit, while his wording is completely off, the game isn't really what I've expected. The story is neither funny or thrilling, the world is really empty (I've expected much more cool stuff to find, like small villages with old houses to explore). Instead it's just a scrap collection simulator in a wasteland, there is nothing but small camps that look almost all the same. You just take your loot and go out again. Where are the little hidden story to discover everywhere, I mean, just look at Falllout, there is something cool to find every 5 meters.

Sounds like it's pretty faithful to the Mad Max series, where it's a few large scrap cities amidst a desert wasteland of nothing ?

1 hour ago, Juzota said:

It's not supposed to be fun and that's why it's so much fun.

lol your profile pic matches your statement xD

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Please don't finish it as that'll make the rarity for me all the better. 

Personally loved the game. It's Aussie thru and thru. :)

BJ Penn is a badass!

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

The game is really fun, if you don't try to 100% it. If you do, the repetition might kill you over time. I'm serious, this level of ubisoftness of the map was never before seen even in any of the games, that were actually made by Ubisoft. Take any Assassin's Creed tower climbing, coffers opening, feathers gathering and stretch it x10.

On 4/7/2018 at 7:15 AM, bioxz said:

I haven't played it yet, but to be fair, it is a wasteland with few settlements. Now, whether that translates to a fun gaming experience is another thing.

I loved this game and I usually hate everything. The combat is very satisfying and the cars are cool. Collecting gas and water becomes a non-issue after a couple upgrades. I never once ran out of either. 

There is a grind to get all collectibles, but whatever, collectibles are always a grind. 

This was my favorite game on ps4 for a long time. Also, no bullshit dlc or online crap to contend with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I haven't played it yet, but to be fair, it is a wasteland with few settlements. Now, whether that translates to a fun gaming experience is another thing.

Yeah you're right with both things. Mad Max is playing in a wasteland, but it is only a two hour movie. The game sadly feels like a design wasteland, too. I've expected cool pre-war stuff to find under the sand (which does exist, but you can count them on one hand). The world somehow feels alien, not like a place where humans lived before the war. There are no ruins of the cities, while we can still find roads. If a huge statue can survive (one of the few bigger things you can find in the world), where is everything else made of concrete and steel? All plane wrecks look like they where empty when they came down. They implemented those weird relics, but those don't really fit in the game world. I was looking for traces of the people living there, but it feels like the game designer never though about that. It's like they forgot that place was Australia a few dozens of years ago.

Although I was expecting more I still enjoyed the game, it has it's moments even if it gets really repetitive and is so long to 100%.

I would use this title to describe Trackmania Turbo though, fits perfectly as my opinion of that game.

Different strokes for differents folks I guess...

It's flawed in a lot of places but it's by no means a completely trash game at all, definitely a pretty decent game depending on your tastes of course. I wouldn't have walked into a game like this with high expectations though so maybe that helps as everything is better than expected when your expectations aren't high to begin with. 

Personally for me this is more of a backlog game that's lurking there for when I'm not sure what to play rather than something I would actively pursue.

• Like 1

On 04.04.2018 at 4:31 AM, PerryToxteth said:

LMAO! According to your PSN profile, you have played 287 games and only completed NINE of them.  That tells me you find most games "boring anti fun trash hot damn..."

Completing very few games does not deprive of rights to complain about a game's repetitive boringness.

21 minutes ago, Gengarbey said:

Completing very few games does not deprive of rights to complain about a game's repetitive boringness.

While this is true overall, it is not the case here. As the OP has only 4 trophies in  this game and he is calling its gameplay, story and everything about it trash. He clearly has only played an hour or so in the game therefore he actually has no clue what he is talking about hence why people are telling him so.

On 4/3/2018 at 4:22 PM, Parker said:

I thought the game was a blast, shame you don't feel the same way. We all have differing opinions though, for those who have yet to play it and are PS+ members I think it is worth it to download the game and make your own decision. 

Definitely. I also enjoyed Mad Max, but I see how others might not. Compared to a game like Horizon Zero Dawn or Far Cry 5 where the balance is set much more in favor of unique, story content, in Mad Max the dial is turned much more toward repeating side stuff and not so much toward special, content-heavy plot missions. But given that it's Mad Max and there's supposed to be a lot of emptiness and deprivation, I don't see how they could have done it all that differently.

It's the definition of a game we should all make up our own minds about.