How is this game compared to SSX.

Extratenzy

I found SSX to be more fun and Steep to be more realistic. I found the controls stricter in Steep which made the game itself more difficult to get good at.

From a trophy hunting view, SSX is the harder one to platinum between the two.

Steep is a great game if you're into games like it. I thought it was lots of fun.

• Like 1

It's way different.

• The controls are weird getting used to.
  • If the impact is to high you automatically fall, and it takes some time recharging the "bar" for how much you can handle.
  • It's more open world than SSX, where you have to follow one of a few paths
  • There's fast travel to where ever you want to go.
  • You can "create" checkpoints and quick restart from the same point over and over
  • There's 8 (i believe) ways of traveling snowboard, skis, wing suit, sled, etc.

If i should chose between Steep and SSX, then i'd rather want an SSX remake preferably SSX 3 or Tricky.

• Like 1

SSX - arcade snowboarding

Steep - semi realistic snowboarding, skiing, wingsuiting(?) and parachuting. 

Both of these games were so much fun for me, however the parachuting in Steep was especially uninteresting. Don't mind that though, since the core game (skiing/snowboarding) was excellent in my opinion.

Trophy wise, I found both of them to be pretty easy, aside from a few challenges/events. Steep has the worst difficulty spike though:

8 minutes ago, Intresseklubben said:

Both of these games were so much fun for me, however the parachuting in Steep was especially uninteresting. Don't mind that though, since the core game (skiing/snowboarding) was excellent in my opinion.

Trophy wise, I found both of them to be pretty easy, aside from a few challenges/events. Steep has the worst difficulty spike though:

wow that looks so not cool. xD 

• 8 months later...
On 5.4.2018 at 10:35 AM, Paper Boi said:

Man, this looks sooo bad. I'll never understand why developers implement such "challenges". Hard Wingsuit missions ALWAYS sucked and suck in every game. There's no one who said "Yeah, this difficulty spike in Just Cause 3 was the best part of the game".

2 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

Man, this looks sooo bad. I'll never understand why developers implement such "challenges". Hard Wingsuit missions ALWAYS sucked and suck in every game. There's no one who said "Yeah, this difficulty spike in Just Cause 3 was the best part of the game".

Don't let this deter you too much. There's like one or two really annoying challenges (including this one above of course) but the rest of the game is average difficulty wise in my opinion. Easily one of my favorite games on the PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Platinum the game. To be honest, i found the wingsuit challenges pretty doable, except La Fieuze. Don't get impressed by fallen rocks, its not that hard. 

Out of the 115 gold medals you need, i would say 10 are really challenging. I don't remember all names but lumberjack, glacier hurdles, glacier nidecker, some bullshit freeride challenge will be on this list.

I found the gameplay pretty solid, but at high speed the game is really random and some challenges like redbull linecatcher (one of the worst in my whole playthrough) can be frustrating. 

Last word, if you follow advices on memorable moments and red letter trophies, you won't encounter any glitch. 

• Like 1