Privacy Mode for Users

I can see trophies via PSN - does it also makes them feel incomfortable? These are PUBLIC profile trophies, what the point? Make them private and look at them via Sony website.

2 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

I know some people, who don't like to be on a leaderboard, cause it pressures them to defend their place.

Poor guys (not).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

and I know some people, who don't like to be on a leaderboard, cause it pressures them to defend their place.

maybe they should cheat a game or few to get flagged and removed from leaderboards? at least it would be one way to deal with the problem they have if they can't ignore leaderboards :D

i admit that they might develop some other problem after that ("i have to maintain my trophies per day ratio" for example and then come up with suggestion about removing next thing they don't like/feel comfortable).

Edited by Iiah
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Thanks god there is the first one who fully understood the point of this topic ?

No no i understand your request, too. But i don't think it can be done. Because it'll be exclusive to this site. All other sites, official or not, would need the same feature.

• Like 1

I understand what he wants perfectly fine.  No need to flame him for a suggestion guys.

I would just write in the "about me" section that you are on holidays and you won't return any messages until you're back.

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You can use that option to restore it again later too, whenever you feel like it. Not sure how this is any different from what you suggest.

As I understand it the OP wants a function so that only he/she can see their own trophies on PSNP whereas other members cannot see it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I understand what he wants perfectly fine.  No need to flame him for a suggestion guys.

I would just write in the "about me" section that you are on holidays and you won't return any messages until you're back.

Well if you are mainly an addicted trophy hunter, it's not that easy, to ignore leaderboards ?

And to write a message in "About Me" doesn't change a thing, cause he still see his place on the ranking and well other people can see his profile as well ..

21 minutes ago, Iiah said:

maybe they should cheat a game or few to get flagged and removed from leaderboards? at least it would be one way to deal with the problem they have if they can't ignore leaderboards :D

i admit that they might develop some other problem after that ("i have to maintain my trophies per day ratio" for example and then come up with suggestion about removing next thing they don't like/feel comfortable).

Well I don't think, that such things should be removed like trophys per day.

A hide function for that might would be fine, but it's not a must.

I think, that a privacy setting overall is fairly enough for that ?

17 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No no i understand your request, too. But i don't think it can be done. Because it'll be exclusive to this site. All other sites, official or not, would need the same feature.

Well exclusive things aren't a bad thing, right and I wouldn't say, that it's not possible.

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

As I understand it the OP wants a function so that only he/she can see their own trophies on PSNP whereas other members cannot see it.

Yeah, or at least that you can choose, if you wanna be on the leaderboard or not or if visitors can see your profile or not.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Why would you care about someone looking at your profile and the games you play? There's no personal data there. Are people sending you messages you'd rather not be receiving based on your games list? The only reason I can think of is if you have games that could be flagged and you don't want someone to look over those games, if so hide them, other than that ?

As for taking a break from the leaderboards to not add pressure to yourself, again, I don't see the point, what pressure! If you're taking a break from trophies / trophy hunting then why would you be looking at your profile in the first place?

You're not on the leaderboards anyway at the moment so that's a moot point, is that the reason you're suggesting this?

• Like 2

I have hidden my flagged games and that's still not the point.

The only one, who got my point here perfectly, was this person:

1 hour ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Ignoring the flagged games thing on his profile... I can kind of understand where he's coming from?

If you completely remove the profile, you won't be able to check it anymore, right? What he wants is to be able to check his stats etc without anyone being able to do it. It's not just about the leaderboards I think, it's about the visibility of the profile in general.

I often browse through the top of the leaderboards, just looking at trophy lists or also from people I find interesting in the forum, I can understand if someone might feel uncomfortable by this. 

That suggestion doesn't have anything to do with covering up cheaters.

Please read his/her post carefully.

Ofc you get some messages as well asking for help, cause they saw you completed this or that game and in my case I am already out of the leaderboards and still get such messages, cause people stalking profiles .. in my case I don't mind helping but I am sure, some other people don't like to get PM'ed.

@ BigBoss .. yeah might be, but a function might help out a bit as well and that's not that unconfortable ?

Best Regards

jB-

Edited by jayboo1991

2 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

It's funny, that you guys always mix up 2 different things ..

I don't give a sh** of beeing in the leaderboard or not .. I know, that I made a mistake in trusting someone, who messed up my account, but that's another thing .. there is no reason for me to start a new account, since already the Vita Games in my store costed me more then 1000€ and all other games I played except those 3 flags, I got fair and you won't find an inch of illegal content there.

Yeah, you hit the point by saying "you get reduced to cheated games" .. feels like racism against flagged users - like you loose all rights to forward something and ask for a basical discussion ?

While I see where you are coming from, these two things kind of depend on each other, because such option would give the flagged members even more 'freedom'. ?

In your case (or in case of any other flagged member - I am only using you as an example) you'd be able to hide your profile (but still use the site) and nobody would know that you were flagged. :S

The system is already pretty much lenient towards flagged users - theoretically you can cheat 2 games and still get away with it (or even more, if you hide them and nobody founds out prior to it)! ? If you get flagged, the options are to either remove your profile and leave the site, or stay and continue to use it, but deal with the consequences of having cheated. It would not be really fair if there was some other alternative in between - but that's just my opinion. ;)

If being flagged in here really bothers you that much, then your only option is to create a new account and start over. If I were in your shoes, I would just let it be (considering the amount of money spent and :platinum:s earned) - you are not restricted to use everything else this site offers (except of the leaderboard rankings, but you can still browse PSNTL or any other site for that). ?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but if you are flagged for a game and you do not hide it then all your stats are no longer included for any game on your profile until it is hidden. If you hide a game then your stats are no longer included for that game. What I mean by no longer included is that you are not counted towards number of owners and number of achievers.

If that is correct then lets say the feature you requested was implemented and 500,000 people decided to hide their profile.

This would mean all their stats would no longer be counted towards those games. Whilst it's true you are not hiding the games, just your profile, you would still have to count all the games you own as hidden because there would be no way games could be flagged if you had cheated them as no-one can see your profile.

• Like 2

maybe op should contact sony instead and suggest them to buy this site (or make a deal with owners so that sony can copy/mimic the way things work here) to really get what he suggests.

Edited by Iiah

I see .. well I didn't thought about the option, that you can't flag people then .. hmm well maybe the Support- and Moderator Team should still be able to see all trophys 

And well I don't think, Sony cares about trophys that much .. they let even games like Slyde having a platinum .. that's already enough answer for the caring of that case ?

Sadly you can't reset trophy lists .. I already forwarded in that case something to Sony, so that it's possible to reset 3 lists every 6 month but I guess, they don't care as well ^_^

9 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but if you are flagged for a game and you do not hide it then all your stats are no longer included for any game on your profile until it is hidden. If you hide a game then your stats are no longer included for that game. What I mean by no longer included is that you are not counted towards number of owners and number of achievers.

If that is correct then lets say the feature you requested was implemented and 500,000 people decided to hide their profile.

This would mean all their stats would no longer be counted towards those games. Whilst it's true you are not hiding the games, just your profile, you would still have to count all the games you own as hidden because there would be no way games could be flagged if you had cheated them as no-one can see your profile.

This did not cross my mind - implementing the feature OP requests might be quite problematic because of this as well! ? Even though it's not a bad idea in it's core, I still see the possibility of it being abused by cheaters/flagged members as it's biggest downside. ?

2 hours ago, Iiah said:

This is off topic, but damn, this is exactly my case! :angel: I could care less about my LB rankings, but having a pretty low 'trophies per day' ratio is exactly what bothers me! :blush: I feel like I am not making enough progress (my initial plan was :platinum:'ting 1 game/week ?), but on the other hand I would never resort to games like Slyde in order to 'raise' it. I'd like to keep it high while still playing 'proper' games, but sporadic lack of time and long online trophies grinds are really making this hard for me! ? First World problems...

8 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

I have hidden my flagged games and that's still not the point.

The only one, who got my point here perfectly, was this person:

That suggestion doesn't have anything to do with covering up cheaters.

Please read his/her post carefully.

Ofc you get some messages as well asking for help, cause they saw you completed this or that game and in my case I am already out of the leaderboards and still get such messages, cause people stalking profiles .. in my case I don't mind helping but I am sure, some other people don't like to get PM'ed.

@ BigBoss .. yeah might be, but a function might help out a bit as well and that's not that unconfortable 1f604.png

Best Regards

jB-

You need to use a siteblocker addon in your broswer then and just block this website. 

If you set your profile to invisible/off leaderboard everytime you went on vacation that would mess with the stats here. I thought this was obvious so it wasn't worth mentioning. 

It would be a pain in the ass to keep re-instating profiles every 2 weeks because someone can't make up their mind if they wanna be visible or not. 

It won't work. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

Whether you have flagged games or not, the majority of us don't look at each other's game profiles, nor do we care. It just isn't really that important, m'kay? 

As others have mentioned, just set your PSN privacy settings to No One on everything - trophies, games, people, messages, you name it.

But, really, a lot of us don't really care about your games.  

• Like 1