Soufwar

Forgotten game, PLEASE BUY IT.

35 posts in this topic

I played through it as well. I liked it quite a bit. It's a nice concept. It reminded me a lot of Snoopy's Grand Adventure. What @NutellaOrgies said is true with the under use of the existing collectibles. The trophies could have been better planned out to encourage players to try harder. You had collectibles, rankings, etc. But all trophies are based on simply finishing a level. I think the game did everything adequately, but I didn't see anything that really drew me in and made the game unique to me. I had some minor frustrations while playing. He had sign posts with clues occasionally, but didn't use them in a couple of areas where I really wanted one and was annoyed at having to figure out a hidden mechanic. For example, the level that would have made @NutellaOrgies dizzy also had a bunch of invisible paths. I was getting so annoyed with falling down and doing things by trial and error. I randomly hit the sprint button when you do that the flame on the candle flares a little. However, in this crazy land when you flare the light, you can see the paths for a second. The level AFTER that, there was a sign that says, "The brightest light can see the path." I was like, "Oh thanks! Where were you 10 minutes ago!" Also, a sign letting somepne know how to get unfrozen would also have helped. It has the same solution, Hit sprint even though you can't move and the light flares and melts the ice. It wasn't very intuitive at all. On the Raiders of the Lost Ark level, there was only a checkpoint at the start of a section that had several tricky obstacles in a row. So if you failed one, you went all the way back. I was annoyed with it at the time, but after I finished the game, I went back to playing Bloodborne... then about 10 minutes later realized the irony and laughed at myself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 10:56 AM, Property_Damage said:

Free game

didnt have to purchase anything for that 100%

You know that that game is made by Luc Bernard and Arcade Distillery! One of the few arcade game developers left. If you don’t pay anything to free to play games there will be no more free to play games! Games like Warframe and Kitten Squad would not exist! Why do you justify your purchase with a platinum? Its just sad man. I didn’t want say anything but now I pitty you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 6:02 PM, 2G53 said:

I played through it as well. I liked it quite a bit. It's a nice concept. It reminded me a lot of Snoopy's Grand Adventure. What @NutellaOrgies said is true with the under use of the existing collectibles. The trophies could have been better planned out to encourage players to try harder. You had collectibles, rankings, etc. But all trophies are based on simply finishing a level. I think the game did everything adequately, but I didn't see anything that really drew me in and made the game unique to me. I had some minor frustrations while playing. He had sign posts with clues occasionally, but didn't use them in a couple of areas where I really wanted one and was annoyed at having to figure out a hidden mechanic. For example, the level that would have made @NutellaOrgies dizzy also had a bunch of invisible paths. I was getting so annoyed with falling down and doing things by trial and error. I randomly hit the sprint button when you do that the flame on the candle flares a little. However, in this crazy land when you flare the light, you can see the paths for a second. The level AFTER that, there was a sign that says, "The brightest light can see the path." I was like, "Oh thanks! Where were you 10 minutes ago!" Also, a sign letting somepne know how to get unfrozen would also have helped. It has the same solution, Hit sprint even though you can't move and the light flares and melts the ice. It wasn't very intuitive at all. On the Raiders of the Lost Ark level, there was only a checkpoint at the start of a section that had several tricky obstacles in a row. So if you failed one, you went all the way back. I was annoyed with it at the time, but after I finished the game, I went back to playing Bloodborne... then about 10 minutes later realized the irony and laughed at myself.

Thank you very much for your playthrough, for your support and your feedback, i will make sure this gets to the developer. 

On 4/7/2018 at 3:52 AM, NutellaOrgies said:

Managed to beat the game in just under 3 hours (new fastest time on the site 😁) 

 

It was alright the first few levels but the last couple is where it shined. I loved the raiders of the lost ark level. 

 

There was one level that was cool but was also kind of making me dizzy too. But the only thing I didn't like was there really was no incentive to go ater the collectibles other than maybe wanting a 100% completion.

Thank you so much for playing through the game, i deeply appreciate it. Thanks for your opinions too, and i am so sorry for the game making you a bit dizzy. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, Property_Damage said:

No platinum = no buy

 

That's a shame to hear.  I made a similar comment in a separate post, but you're missing out on some great games with that attitude.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My criticisms are mostly things I feel are nit-picky. I'm happy to have played it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

 

Thank you so much for playing through the game, i deeply appreciate it. Thanks for your opinions too, and i am so sorry for the game making you a bit dizzy. 

It was just one level. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Soufwar said:

You know that that game is made by Luc Bernard and Arcade Distillery! One of the few arcade game developers left. If you don’t pay anything to free to play games there will be no more free to play games! Games like Warframe and Kitten Squad would not exist! Why do you justify your purchase with a platinum? Its just sad man. I didn’t want say anything but now I pitty you. 

I like platinums

not bronze

the only time i play a 100% game is if its free to play with a decent trophy list or if its free to download from ps+

That wasnt always the case, like when i first started but its a golden rule i game by nowadays, no platinum = no buy

Since my very first platinum up until now, i have earned atleast 1 platinum a month, every single month for almost 6 years running, why would i want to halt my platinum progression for some indie that doesnt offer anything to keep feeding my platinum addiction, im not killing my streak for anything until i decide to give it a break

so you can take pitty on me all you like, but i have a gaming achievement not too many people can replicate 

212 platinums and counting without missing a single month since august 2012

i take pride in that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I like platinums

not bronze

the only time i play a 100% game is if its free to play with a decent trophy list or if its free to download from ps+

That wasnt always the case, like when i first started but its a golden rule i game by nowadays, no platinum = no buy

Since my very first platinum up until now, i have earned atleast 1 platinum a month, every single month for almost 6 years running, why would i want to halt my platinum progression for some indie that doesnt offer anything to keep feeding my platinum addiction, im not killing my streak for anything until i decide to give it a break

so you can take pitty on me all you like, but i have a gaming achievement not too many people can replicate 

212 platinums and counting without missing a single month since august 2012

i take pride in that

 

You’ve got a system going that satisfies your addiction that doesn’t allow variance. That’s fine, you do you. But you don’t have to make such a big deal out of it. Soufwar just wanted to advertise an overlooked game made by a struggling developer. If you’re not interested you could have just ignored this topic and not posted. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neocarleen said:

 

You’ve got a system going that satisfies your addiction that doesn’t allow variance. That’s fine, you do you. But you don’t have to make such a big deal out of it. Soufwar just wanted to advertise an overlooked game made by a struggling developer. If you’re not interested you could have just ignored this topic and not posted. 

Ok, dad

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game. I will say I'm enjoying it and that it's impressive for what sounds like essentially an amateur effort. But $10 is steep for what you're getting and that makes it hard for me to recommend. I don't mind contributing a few bucks to a small developer, but I can't say you're really getting your money's worth for the game as a whole.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.