Hitman: Definitive Edition releasing May

lynx_1985

Hopefully this iteration has a platinum attached to it? I was on twitter and this appeared on my feed - Tweet from ShopTo:

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4HI05-hitman-definitive-edition?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I love the Hitman games and when the latest one was announced as being episodic it really put me off buying it. I want the game to be whole when I play it, not in bloody bits and it appears Sqaure Enix are going to be using the episodic format for the FFVII remake...

I know the Hitman game released "complete first season" but I don't know, I just never got around to buying it. Is the new Hitman game decent? Do you think there'll be a plat attached to the definitive edition? I hope there is but I will definitely be picking up the definitive edition at some point plat or no plat. Loved Bloodmoney played all the Hitman games on PC when they first came out up to Absolution, need to plat Bloodmoney and Silent Assassin!

10 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

Hopefully this iteration has a platinum attached to it? I was on twitter and this appeared on my feed - Tweet from ShopTo:

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4HI05-hitman-definitive-edition?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I love the Hitman games and when the latest one was announced as being episodic it really put me off buying it. I want the game to be whole when I play it, not in bloody bits and it appears Sqaure Enix are going to be using the episodic format for the FFVII remake...

I know the Hitman game released "complete first season" but I don't know, I just never got around to buying it. Is the new Hitman game decent? Do you think there'll be a plat attached to the definitive edition? I hope there is but I will definitely be picking up the definitive edition at some point plat or no plat. Loved Bloodmoney played all the Hitman games on PC when they first came out up to Absolution, need to plat Bloodmoney and Silent Assassin!

I don’t know what’s the point for this release. They just released a Full First Season physical copy with steelbook and later in a normal case.

This edition already exists in PSN so I doubt there will be a platinum or a new trophy list.

The complete first Season on Disc had no new trophy list and the Patient Zero Campaign had no trophies altogether. Don't think this edition will change much about that. Just another cash-grab to me.

Edit: The game is still good, though. I think it was well worth money and time.

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 2

Ah I had no idea this edition was already present on PSN! I only buy digital if that's the only way to buy a game or if the game is on sale so only look at digital titles via the deals or sales section within the store. I am old school and prefer a physical copy of the game which also gives me the sense that I definitively own the game!

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the reason it's getting a re-release is because of Square-Enix dropping IO Interactive. The previous physical edition was released while IO was still with Square. And when they separated they only released this edition as digital only with an Upgrade option for the owners of the previous edition (physical or digital).

Could be a new list. Some times when WB has put out a GOTY edition it was with a new, different trophy list and wasn't compatible with vanilla version saves. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY and Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete are recent examples.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2018 at 11:13 AM, lynx_1985 said:

I know the Hitman game released "complete first season" but I don't know, I just never got around to buying it. Is the new Hitman game decent? 

First Hitman game I actually got beyond the first mission in. I think it's very good.

I got the GOTY edition. It's basically just a regular game now, with six different places (plus training facility) to go to and lots of missions.

Edited by The Spark

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, tokiodrif said:

In the end they have not got Platinum Trophy to this edition. Well I do not intend to buy it, they have lost a client for that nonsense !!!

Same dude! Is a shame as I love the Hitman games I will probably get it when it is dirt cheap. 

9 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

¡El mismo tipo! Es una lástima, ya que me encantan los juegos de Hitman. Probablemente lo conseguiré cuando sea muy barato. 

3 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Lástima que ustedes dejen que algo como la falta de un trofeo de platino evite que disfrute de un excelente juego.

Para cada uno, supongo.

I already had it in the normal edition. And I liked it so much that I would do it again in this complete edition, but since I do not see Trophies I do not want to repeat it anymore. A greeting !!

16 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Lástima que ustedes dejen que algo como la falta de un trofeo de platino evite que disfrute de un excelente juego.

Para cada uno, supongo.

12 hours ago, tokiodrif said:

I already had it in the normal edition. And I liked it so much that I would do it again in this complete edition, but since I do not see Trophies I do not want to repeat it anymore. A greeting !!

Wow, never realised I knew Spanish. Too bad it's broken Google Translate Spanish.

Anyway yeah of course a hypothetical double dip is something different from not playing the game at all, so my comment is not aimed at you then. Personally, I'd only double dip for a different platform (like a newer generation or a handheld) but I get that a new trophy list could be appealing to the hunters. And anyway, at least you played this Hitman game even though it doesn't have a platinum.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, EstebanFox said:

Hi folks, I need help with 2 questions:

Does the physical, definitive edition have everything necessary for a 100%?

Are there any plans for other editions? maybe with a platinum?

The definitive edition has all the DLC, including the GOTY content (though that didn't add to the existing list) and most likely not. They're focusing on the next installment.