Trophy Cleanup Question

Zolkovo

Alright so since I hate doing multiple playthroughs for any game I finished this on 1999 mode while grabbing all collectables in my first (and only) playthrough. I was hoping to mop up some of the remaining miscellaneous combat related trophies with chapter select in ez mode, but apparently I can't change difficulty in chapter select because all my bookmarks are saved in 1999 mode.. I mean it's not a big deal but is there any way around this? Don't really wanna spend more than 20 mins or so cleaning up so I can move onto the DLC and then other games.

Edited by Zolkovo

You might be able to just bag the trophies on that difficulty, depending what ones you need. If it's just weapon kills it won't be too bad, the trophies like on the fly were you have to kill alot of enemies while riding a zip line will be a pain though. 

I'm not 100% certain but you might be able to earn most of them on the clash in the clouds dlc too :)

Always worth trying that first to see if that works, if it does it won't be too bad at all. Good luck! 

@MIKEY-L-666 Trophy descriptions say in "main campaign" so I don't think DLC will work. Yeah all of them are do-able, just a lot more tedious. And I have the handyman one to do as well, although there's probably an easy glitch for that. I think I still need like 100 machine gun kills though R.I.P.

Ah annoying. There is indeed a nice glitch you can use for the handyman heartbreaker trophy that makes him stay still on one of the roof tops. 

If you have to do all the trophies on the main campaign you are definitely best doing them on easy for sure. It's a shitter going through some of it again but the time it would take trying on 1999 will be ridiculous lols. 

You'll like the burial at sea dlcs they are immense! 

Yes there is glitch for Handyman's first encounter.Restarting checkpoint was working for kills if i remember right.Yes it's doable but it'll be much more slow.Good luck

Have you tried starting new game (not sure if it wipes old chapter checkpoints be careful) on easy and try to load a chapter save,might not work honestly but worth a shot.

I suggest leave dlc's alone if you didn't finish Bioshock 1 before.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Yes there is glitch for Handyman's first encounter.Restarting checkpoint was working for kills if i remember right.Yes it's doable but it'll be much more slow.Good luck

Have you tried starting new game (not sure if it wipes old chapter checkpoints be careful) on easy and try to load a chapter save,might not work honestly but worth a shot.

I suggest leave dlc's alone if you didn't finish Bioshock 1 before.

Yes! Be sure not to do the burial at seas if you haven't done 1 yet. 

Yeah turns out it's actually pretty cake to get all those done on 1999 in chapter select, just a bit slower than easy I suppose. Only the machine gun one left now so I'll need to find a decent checkpoint for that.

@ProfBambam55 Unless you're constantly farming checkpoints throughout the playthrough you won't get 'em all through natural play. I had 0 deaths as well on my run so there just wasn't enough natural opportunity. Still poor game design imo, don't see why you shouldn't be able to change difficulties in chapter select after already beating the campaign on the hardest mode.

All done, here's some tips for anyone else who may find themselves in the same boat. These can all be done very easily on 1999 mode, so don't bother starting a new game because you'll spend more time sitting through cut-scenes than actually working on the trophies. Use chapter select as follows:

Spoiler
  • :silver:Mind Over Matter • Raffle Square Chapter Select • Run to the first auto-turret and possess it. 1 checkpoint restart.
  • :bronze:Passionately ReciprocatedComstock Center Rooftops Chapter Select • Make sure to grab all rewards before picking up shield infusion from woman. It's around 15 kills per checkpoint restart here, and very quick even on 1999.
  • :silver:Strange BedfellowsReturn to Hall of Heroes Plaza Chapter Select • Body shots with sniper and let mosquito from tear finish 'em off. 2-3 checkpoint restarts.
  • :silver:Lost WeekendShantytown Chapter Select • Run to the bar, spam drink all the alcohol near the door and headshot the people in the bar. Will take 2-3 checkpoint restarts.
  • :silver:Hazard PayFinkton Proper Chapter Select • Aggro the workers scrubbing the floor and wait for the guards to run to you. Shock the puddle as they get near. 1-2 checkpoint restarts.
  • :silver:Bon Voyage • The Factory Chapter Select • Run to elevator and take it up. Use undertow to knock all enemies off. 2-3 checkpoint restarts.
  • :bronze:Aerial Assassin, :bronze:On The Fly, :silver:Combination Shock & :silver:Skeet ShotCommand Deck Chapter Select • Can all be done very easily on the last fight, might need a few checkpoint restarts depending on your ability on 1999.

You probably won't need much to finish all these off but should be a lot easier since you don't have to look all over the place to find the most efficient spots. You can also do this during your first playthrough for maximum efficiency but I like to enjoy the story and gameplay without worrying about trophies that can be cleaned up in chapter select later.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1