Cross platform saves work?

Shmeefly

I have completed Borderlands 1 on PS3 and I'd like to move my character over to Borderlands 2, problem I have is that my Borderlands 2 is the PS4 version, is there a way to import from PS3 to PS4? It would suck if I have to level up again lol

11 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

What does that mean? Will I keep my weapons and shield, level etc? And how do I do that please, is it just a USB copy?

if it happens to be a borderlands 2 character that is being transferred from ps3 to ps4's version of the same game. you keep everything on the character and gain some bonuses in the form of golden keys and points for those skills (if it's a fresh character). cloud saves is the only way it transfer not sure about USB.

some trophy's may pop but i preferred to start anew.

Edited by kingdrake2

1 minute ago, kingdrake2 said:

if it happens to be a borderlands 2 character that is being transferred from ps3 to ps4's version of the same game. you keep everything on the character and gain some bonuses in the form of golden keys and points for those skills. cloud saves is the only way it transfer not sure about USB.

some trophy's may pop but i preferred to start anew.

Yes, some will auto pop, but If I remember right the story related ones will not.

45 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

What does that mean? Will I keep my weapons and shield, level etc? And how do I do that please, is it just a USB copy?

On the main menu of Borderlands 2 there is an option called "cross-save" or "character transfer" or something like that. You just click it and choose which character you want to send to the other console. It sends your equipment, inventory, skills, everything.

But again, this has nothing to do with Borderlands 1. Borderlands 1 characters can't be transfered to Borderlands 2.

6 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

That seems pointless to me, isn't that the point of transferring characters so that you can play the next game of the franchise with the one you began with

Borderlands 2 has a different cast of playable characters. You don't play as any of the characters from the 1st game.