Final Fantasy XV: 4 New story DLC episodes coming in 2019

Aexuz

The episodes will portray an “alternate grand finale” for the game, showing "a future everyone longed for," meaning a possible outcome that could have existed for each of four characters:

• The first full episode will focus on Ardyn and is tentatively titled The Conflict of the Sage. The episode "portrays the struggles of Ardyn. Witness the resentment he harbored toward Lucis for over 2000 years, and his clashes with the Astrals"
  • A smaller “side story” episode will focus on Aranea Highwind of the Niflheim Empire and will focus on the Starscourge disease. "The final day of the Empire turns out to be Aranea's worst day," Square Enix teased.
  • A second full episode will let you play as Lunafreya and has the working title The Choice of Freedom. The story is "about Luna's fate, which not even death can free her from. Her battle to save the one she loves overturns the destiny dealt to the Lucian King."
  • The final episode is titled The Final Strike and focuses on Noctis "parting way with the Astrals" as he "embarks upon his final battle in order to attain the ideal future for all his people."

The episodes will all be released in 2019 and will also feature a new theme by composer Yoko Shimomura. Square Enix will release more details later this year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/06/pax-east-2018-final-fantasy-xv-4-new-story-dlc-episodes-coming-in-2019?abthid=5ac7d37305e140570c0009b4

More trophies... ?

I wonder how low will the % drop for this game for someone that only goes for the platinums.

• Like 1

At this point having a platinum without any dlc trophies (becuase i refuse to buy dlcs) is gonna sit me at 30% or even below...

i really really hope KH3 won't suffer the same fate as this game dlc wise. i did enjoy FFXV for what it was in the base game and the free updates, but all of this "alternate ending" and what not episodes is dragging quite a bit

Edited by Kyl542

I'm really starting to regret playing this game. It's also really annoying that they're still adding story into 2019. I'm assuming they'll be spread out throughout the year, so it'll be almost 2020 by the time it's done. IF this is the last set of story DLC, then that means it will have taken almost 4 years after the initial release for them to release the complete story. That's insane.

This all makes me horrified about what they'll do to Kingdom Hearts 3. Will there just be huge chunks of story missing that will take another 4+ years to slowly fill in, like they're doing with XV? This kind of thing really makes me want to stop buying Square games.

• Like 3

The only game I care(d) about was the FF7 remake since being announced in 2015. It would have been fitting if they had released it last year for the 20th anniversary.. I guess we can hold out hope for the 25th anniversary, by which time *MAYBE* FFXV will be done. On the bright side, at least you're getting your money's worth with the launch day season pass haha.

Edited by Zolkovo

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:
  • A smaller “side story” episode will focus on Aranea Highwind of the Niflheim Empire and will focus on the Starscourge disease. "The final day of the Empire turns out to be Aranea's worst day," Square Enix teased.

THIS.

FINALLY.

MORE MIYUKI SAWASHIRO.

But come on, 2019... I wonder for how much time they will going on with add-ons and updates. Why don't they make FFXV-2 and gg?

• Like 1

Man that completion is dropping harder than the Arkham games. I can hear it hitting the ground already like a collapsing building.

Honestly I probably wouldn't mind getting more story content if they didn't feel the need to add extra mini-games/challenge modes to them that feel out of place and I personally just don't find fun at all mainly because they felt tacked on. If they add them in the new ones fine I guess, but I would rather they focus more on the story parts or at least find a way to make the extra modes something that doesn't feel like they added in just because.

But apart from that, Square is basically getting away with developing a game long after its release. I don't know if I should be impressed or bothered. But it makes me wonder how the FFVII Remake or Kingdom Hearts III will go at this point. I haven't been following the development of it closely but to me it doesn't seem too far fetched to think Kingdom Hearts III might also not be "fully finished" and they keep adding more stuff to it like FFXV.

7 minutes ago, marc_cp said:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Cindy DLC.

"Howdy y'all! Lewks lak wairr gettin moarr de-El-Cee." 

There's going to be the super ultimate penultimate the most ultimate the ultimate  of ultimate fragilistic pizza edition by 2020

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I haven't been following the development of it closely but to me it doesn't seem too far fetched to think Kingdom Hearts III might also not be "fully finished" and they keep adding more stuff to it like FFXV.

They already released incomplete KHs in the past and then they made a cooler version called Final Mix, it will be odd if they won't do the same this time too.

17 minutes ago, marc_cp said:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Cindy DLC.

12 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

"Howdy y'all! Lewks lak wairr gettin moarr de-El-Cee." 

There's going to be the super ultimate penultimate the most ultimate the ultimate  of ultimate fragilistic pizza edition by 2020

More time with Cindy is a-okay with me ?

4 minutes ago, NaRayquaza said:

They already released incomplete KHs in the past and then they made a cooler version called Final Mix, it will be odd if they won't do the same this time too.

Well, it was more like Japan got the complete version while everyone else didn't for whatever reason if I remember right. Unless there were other things that even the Japanese versions of the game didn't have? It's been ages since I played KH so I don't remember all there were apart from extra boss fights and I think a couple Keyblades.

I waited so long for all the content to be released so I could just marathon it all. Bought the full game (again) with season pass and Kings edition recently and was gonna binge everything.

Guess I'll just wait another year. That Kings edition really seemed like it was gonna be the last expansion so I ended up buying the game again and planned on doing all the DLC so I could be done with the game for good.

Well at least I can hold off and focus on other games now while I wait for the inevitable "Super Ultra Final Fantasy XV Extreme Mega Remix Complete Edition including Dante from Devil May Cry and Knuckles"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Well, it was more like Japan got the complete version while everyone else didn't for whatever reason if I remember right. Unless there were other things that even the Japanese versions of the game didn't have? It's been ages since I played KH so I don't remember all there were apart from extra boss fights and I think a couple Keyblades

True, but a lot of people imported them and that still meant money for Square, and they were in the end released in west too on PS3 and PS4.

Imho the only reason they stayed in Japan was because things were different back then. Today they can release DLCs or free updates so you don't need to buy the entire game again to enjoy those extra things and at the same time they sell GOTYs or special edition with every DLCs, but yesterday you couldn't do it, and how many people would have buyed the game again just for few extra things? Probably they didn't want to risk.

Given these considerations, I think it's safe to assume KH3 will have constant updates and DLCs like FFXV, maybe they won't do a Final Mix, and if they will maybe it won't even be called "Final Mix". But who knows, we can just wait and see (and maybe hope prices won't be too high).