The hardest part(s) of the platinum

OmegaRejectz

The list of bad things about the multiplayer is so long, it's almost everything.

I have every confidence that over time the horrible maps will be replaced by good ones. But even with good maps, the lobby setup has strange weaknesses, and the overall game system of Far Cry 5 doesn't lend itself to PVP very well for me at all.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2018 at 0:17 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

I just platinumed the game <10mins ahi and I wanna possibly let some of you know what’s in store.

firstly for the campaign;

The game requires you to obtain ALL 4 fishing rods, the first two can be bought (one can be obtained for free at ALL the fishing spots) this is the one that’s $300. The other which is $800 is needed for the 3rd fishing rod which tasks you with doing the ADMIRAL side quest (fishing side quest) and it’s easier when you do the following: Buy the fishing perk that allows you to switch your ‘bait’ this also helps with another difficult trophy which require you to obtain almost ALL animal skins and ALL the fish caught. I’ll get back to this later. The admiral is a sturgeon so use the sturgeon bait when catching him; also rather than HOLDING down R2 and opposing his movement tap R2 and oppose his movement. Now you’ll have 3 fishing rods and will need the 4th which requires the bait perk and the 3rd fishing rod. By doing the 4th fishing rod which requires you to beat ALL the fish records (by catching a fish larger than the RECORD  for each region;4 of them carry across every region while the 8 rest are split into: 2 in John’s region, 3 in Jacob’s, and 3 in faith’s. After doing this fast travel to one of the main fast travel points of that region and it should pop the Uplay challenge and the trophy. Since you had to catch ALL 12 different fish this will mean you’ve done half of the trophy for catching/skinning all animals/fish. For the remaining animals it is EXTREMELY frustrating as this game has tons of animal spawn locations; the problem is these spawn locations are SUPER BAD, they don’t actually spawn right where t shows and you’ll have to circle back TONS. For me I was having troubles with eagles, caribou, a hare, and grizzly bears. For the eagles do the side mission that requires you to collect eagle eggs; after grabbing the eggs wait a while and every 10seconds or so the eagle will caw and then divebomb you. For the grizzly bear you can get one of them out of the way by doing the bliss ridden grizzly bear side mission, for the hare go to the 2 spots above the county jail and hopefully you’ll find one eventually (I had to circle around LOTS, bring boomer for these animal hunts, while he marks them Ubisoft made EXTREMELY tiny markers so you’ll constantly miss it; you should also use the wilderness perks (pressing R1 when having the weapon wheel out) it marks all enemies and animals in your sights; just like boomer though the markers are super hard to find and it can get frustrating. Lastly for caribou your required to find FOUR of these; which is terrible as there spawnrated are garbage. The only location I found them ACTUALLY spawn was at the north of the map in the mountains at the green tree location. Hopefully all this helps.

Noe for the god awful ARCADE mode; the worst is 10 featured map wins, level 20, and 100 kills. For 100 kills you’ll definitely have it done by lvl20/10 featured wins.

For featured wins there’s a tiny chance you’ll be able to vote when in the multiplayer lobby; when this one in a lifetime opportunity occurs; press Square, go to the middle option and move to the right and choose FEATURED; now select either Neon Gladiators or Farm Cry as they are the most reasonable; not only do the others need to vote for this map but your team also needs to NOT suck which alot seem like they have no thumbs. I hope this helped and if it did please consider helping me out and subscribing to my YouTube channel FatalityShift :)

Thanks

I know I'm missing something abd it's probably glaringly obvious...but I've got all but 2 fish types covered and have not once seen a "record size" fish stated anywhere in the game so I know what to beat for the 4th rod...?!! where is it lol?? yeah eagle spawn rates are like 1 in a million. and when I use the herbal stuff to auto mark enemies it does not at all mark animals for me, I just keep hearing the ding ding ding sound it makes when it marks them. but see no marker. wtf

• Like 1

On 2018-04-13 at 10:33 AM, DiegoMolinams said:

With the latest patch, you can boost 10 featured maps with another player easily. 

Oh really nice? Just one right; no 6 players or whatever? Cause my brother still needs it and I got it but if we can just boost together that’d be awesome 

On 2018-04-09 at 2:41 PM, saiyanknight87 said:

That MP is simply atrocious and frustrating..

Yeah..... it was definitely a tacked on mode and is so bad it’s not even funny

On 2018-04-09 at 5:39 PM, majob said:

The multiplayer trophies are honestly the only frustrating part of the game because the MP just sucks so much. Everything else is pretty reasonable to do

Yeah; this game has some fun side missions (the ones required for trophies at least) and a lot can be done super simple if your struggling; such as the plane destroy 4 vehicles, the 10 aerial kills. Really wish the multiplayer wasn’t so bad

On 2018-04-09 at 5:59 PM, rdhight said:

The list of bad things about the multiplayer is so long, it's almost everything.

I have every confidence that over time the horrible maps will be replaced by good ones. But even with good maps, the lobby setup has strange weaknesses, and the overall game system of Far Cry 5 doesn't lend itself to PVP very well for me at all.

Agreed; you said it perfectly, the maps right now are atrocious but hopefully with time there will be good ones, the lobby setup is terrible and the customization, and things like takedowns, the fact Far Cry is a slower FPS rather than cod and yet it’s in a pvp format, the fact thy changed like nothing from campaign to mp yet it’s far Cry and like I said it isn’t fit for you pvp, fun game, terrible pvp

On 2018-04-13 at 10:51 AM, cam_wick said:

I know I'm missing something abd it's probably glaringly obvious...but I've got all but 2 fish types covered and have not once seen a "record size" fish stated anywhere in the game so I know what to beat for the 4th rod...?!! where is it lol?? yeah eagle spawn rates are like 1 in a million. and when I use the herbal stuff to auto mark enemies it does not at all mark animals for me, I just keep hearing the ding ding ding sound it makes when it marks them. but see no marker. wtf

In each of the main “hub worlds”; the town in Johns region, wolfs den in Jacobs, and county jail in faiths. You will see a board in each of these places with 4 fish that are record across all 3 regions and than (3 for johns, and 4 for Jacobs and faiths) will be fish with certain weights you can ONLY beat these record with the bait perk, 3rd fishing rod and it needs to be at HARD locations of the certain fish; I recommend you check out PowerPyx’s fishing guide if you still need more info

On 2018-04-13 at 11:10 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Prior to the new patch the MP trophies were all god awful. Way worse than getting SP fishing rods (which wasn't even that hard. The third rod makes it way easier)

What did the new patch do? I haven’t played the game much since I’ve platted and I got the platinum before these updates

1 hour ago, AbuRiyam said:

The game itself is so boring that it is very hard to play and platinum, I regret preordering the gold edition

Personally I feel you shouldn’t have pre ordered; as it’s a bad practice and is giving into the greedy business practices. Have you played any other far cry’s? I think this game is one of the best but like every other u shift game the trailers were misleading in quality, there’s lot of bugs and it can get Grundy after a while but I found it to be quite fun

34 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

boring?? what?!?!1f631.png1f602.png

Everyone has there own preferences; don’t know why the pre ordered gold edition though.....

• Like 1

I played all other far crys, it is a rinse and repeat. alone in island and fight the bad guy to escape while attempting to rescue your friends.

Far cry 3 had an interesting villan, Far cry 4 had interesting story with politics, Far cry primal introduced new mechanism and weapons, while this one introduced beautiful graphics with AI glitches.

• Like 1

The game has good graphics, the story ant that bad, the people you meet can be interesting if u could do more missions with them but most of them you don't. For the platinum it doesn't require you to complete the game and all challenges which is a good thing especially getting all perks, you only need to get half of the abilities. The hunting is buggy though, especially when I tried hunting a hare I had trouble trying to find 1 took me about 2 hours but you will eventually get. Animals and enemies will spawn then de spawn when you look or go the other way, it happened to me I don't know about you guys but from what I can say the hunting and fishing does require patience. Also it's best to do the kill trophies like running over and blowing stuff up cause when you clear an area there's less enemies to be found and that's pretty much it. The multiplayer is terrible most people run shotguns in small maps the spawns are terrible, leveling up is useless cause you only get money and perk points that's it the only thing I enjoyed was the solo and co op missions like outpost, journey, bounty, etc it felt fun and cool playing other creators maps like the resident evil map or last of us and metro maps, the game isn't bad. I just hope they took a further risk like god of war and improved a lot in the game 

I had no problem completing any of the challenges by the time id done every mission. And Multiplayer trophies were pretty easy, got them all in about 4 hours legit, but I seem to be better than the average player on there also. You can get the 10 featured map wins fast if you just remember which maps are featured and vote for them. 

The game is a little buggy but nothing game breaking - and it's only the first few weeks so i didn't expect it to be perfect yet.  I defiantly enjoyed it regardless.

Honestly the hardest part of the Platinum was distracting 15 enemies with rocks and cans, that took me the entire game and longer. (JK lol, i just saved that one for last as a meme.)

Overall i'd say the game is enjoyable and a pretty easy platinum, should only take 35 hours to beat the entire game with some goofing off.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Oh really nice? Just one right; no 6 players or whatever? Cause my brother still needs it and I got it but if we can just boost together that’d be awesome 

Yeah..... it was definitely a tacked on mode and is so bad it’s not even funny

Yeah; this game has some fun side missions (the ones required for trophies at least) and a lot can be done super simple if your struggling; such as the plane destroy 4 vehicles, the 10 aerial kills. Really wish the multiplayer wasn’t so bad

Agreed; you said it perfectly, the maps right now are atrocious but hopefully with time there will be good ones, the lobby setup is terrible and the customization, and things like takedowns, the fact Far Cry is a slower FPS rather than cod and yet it’s in a pvp format, the fact thy changed like nothing from campaign to mp yet it’s far Cry and like I said it isn’t fit for you pvp, fun game, terrible pvp

In each of the main “hub worlds”; the town in Johns region, wolfs den in Jacobs, and county jail in faiths. You will see a board in each of these places with 4 fish that are record across all 3 regions and than (3 for johns, and 4 for Jacobs and faiths) will be fish with certain weights you can ONLY beat these record with the bait perk, 3rd fishing rod and it needs to be at HARD locations of the certain fish; I recommend you check out PowerPyx’s fishing guide if you still need more info

What did the new patch do? I haven’t played the game much since I’ve platted and I got the platinum before these updates

Personally I feel you shouldn’t have pre ordered; as it’s a bad practice and is giving into the greedy business practices. Have you played any other far cry’s? I think this game is one of the best but like every other u shift game the trailers were misleading in quality, there’s lot of bugs and it can get Grundy after a while but I found it to be quite fun

Everyone has there own preferences; don’t know why the pre ordered gold edition though.....

Thanks for that, I actually already figured it out and got the trophy but still ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm rather unhappy about just how easy of a platinum this is, the MP content aside.

With my having just now completed all the various SP trophies, it's really quite depressing just how much they skimped out on trophies vis-a-vis completionism. For example, it should have been "Destroy *ALL* cult property in all regions"; "Complete *ALL* Clutch Nixon Events in all regions" (Yeah, okay, I'd have hated this trophy, but still); "Liberate ALL cult outposts in all regions"; "Complete every single in-game challenge, including combat & companion based ones" "Obtain all collectible items in all regions"; Maybe even a somewhat brutal 100% completion Gold trophy...?

It just sucks to think I'll have my Platinum here despite having barely even touched the optional, additional content found in-game. I went full on when I started with John's region, just like I normally do, exploring every single inch of every building or location to make sure I didn't miss a thing - pretty much got 100% completion in his area. Then, when I moved on to Faith's...? I realized that was utterly pointless and a complete waste of time, as far as trophies go. And so I zoomed right on by in her region, leaving a plethora of content undone.

Now sure, I can absolutely still do everything whether trophies exist as a reward for it or not. But, at least for me, trophies have always represented a mark of achievement for my OCD completionist qualities - proof positive that I endured it all and came out the other side. Without a trophy for it, the only verification I've got for spending tens of hours doing stuff is on a single save file that only I will ever see, and data that gets rendered null and void some ten years down the line, assuming a hypothetical PS6 doesn't have backwards compatibility with PS4 content/saves.

It's really such a shame, too - if ever a game cried out for 100% completion, wherein there's countless hours of optional content crammed into every crevice and an incredibly rich backstory that permeates, beyond merely the main missions, rather into the whole entire game? Then surely, it is this one right here! So the fact they skimped out on having any "Do all of this" trophies, instead going with a "Just scratch the surface of most of the optional content"? Definitely disappointing to my mind.

Now, but of course, while I say this there's always the chance that future DLC trophies will also tie in with base game activities, necessitating that one have done content already released as part of the base game in order to unlock it: Like, say, that hypothetical Achieve 100% Completion in Far Cry 5 trophy. (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and its The Da Vinci Disappearance, being the most obvious prior example of this methodology at play of which to draw from - and, I do believe, both games even were/are done, not just by Ubisoft in general, but specifically both coming from their Ubisoft Montreal studio/office/team. So, just perhaps, there's yet still hope in some future DLC to meet my desires in this regard...?)

indeed, perhaps that would even be the best of both worlds, really: A platinum that's easily obtainable for anyone to get, at the same time having really hardcore and time consuming optional content completionist trophies for those OCD folks amongst us. Of course, as of now there's absolutely zero evidence this will prove to be the case, and it's seemingly much more likely that any DLC trophies will mirror the base game in their being relatively painless and uninvolved.

I dunno, I suppose I've just gotten used to being rewarded for my completionist tendencies, especially by Ubisoft games of late - the Assassin's Creed series, Far Cry, etc. all usually being far more involved when it came to doing all the content and then having specific trophies as a reward for such activities; in lieu of this "stick your toes in the water and you're done!" approach that we see here in FC5.

• Like 2