Lojtana's Backlog

Lojtana

My plan for now is to finish the games I already began to raise my overall completion percentage. I want to achieve that by focusing on just one game per console and one of the smaller PS+ Games, but as I stated before, I get easily bored and am tempted to start a new game just because I want to play it. 

I think, I'm pretty happy as long as my average Rank is A and my completion is over 50%.

And on that note:

I just removed my first game from my Backlog. :D

1Lda6ce1.png

:platinum: #33 Seasons After Fall

I've always been intrigued by this game because of its art style and seemingly relaxing nature, but I felt it was to pricey for such a small game. Since it was on sale a few weeks back I bought it and I'm really happy about it. I immensely enjoyed it, particularly because there was no combat whatsoever and exploring was just really relaxing. It really wouldn't have been worth the full price though.

• Like 1

So, instead of reducing my Backlog I took advantage of the PSN Sales and added the following games to my library:

• Sbf8c87.png  Lara Croft GO
  • S5796c8.png  LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • Se25c7e.png  LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • S684396.png Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - GOTY Edition
  • Sc2d69f.png  Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

On the plus side I'm nearly done with my Proud playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and should get the Plat within the next few days. Also I think I'm going to take a little break from Crash Bandicoot 3 to play Lara Croft GO, as it seems to be an easy and fast Plat.

Edit:

1Lf116e4.png

:platinum: #34 Lara Croft GO

As predicted a really easy and fast platinum trophy. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun playing the game, especially the levels in the second DLC expansion with Ghost-Lara. The only issue I had was that you couldn't use the D-Pad for movement and so sometimes Lara didn't move the way I wanted her to and she got killed. All in all I really enjoyed the style of this game. Both, the way you play and the way it looks. 

Edited by Lojtana

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to my assumption, that Kingdom Hearts for the PS3 would be my next platinum, I actually kind of finished Battlefield 1. It's still in my backlog, because I only got the Plat and have not yet gained all 100%, but I'm getting closer. ??

The reason why I didn't finish Kingdom Hearts first was that all my controllers seemed to have issues with my PS3 and as a result I couldn't escape death as often as I would have liked. But now that I actually repaired one of my PS3 controllers I should be able to finish Kingdom Hearts this month. 

1L34a95d.png

:platinum: #35 Battlefield 1

I bought Battlefield 1 on a whim when the Collector's Edition was on sale on Amazon. Since I've always been somewhere between bad and average at shooters, and I only ever dabbled into Call of Duty, I didn't exactly know what to expect from BF1. But once I got into the Multiplayer aspect of the game, I was hooked. The MP trophies were actually really easy to earn and were the first trophies I got for the game. Afterwards I decided to play through the campaign but got stuck, as so many others, on the Airborne Cannons codex. A few days ago I decided it was time to reinstall BF1 to get this codex and the rest of the trophies out of the way. Now I still need to get most of the DLC-Trophies to truly complete the game, but at least I can play MP for that. 

1L4b3cdd.png

:platinum: #36 Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

After not having touched this game for around 2 and a half years, I finally finished it. I only had to play through the game one last time on the highest difficulty, but the last time I attempted this, I got stuck and lost my motivation. Now after starting a new save file, using some speedrunning strats and over 15 hours of playtime I'm done with this game. And even though I love the Kingdom Hearts series, I am really glad i don't have to play the first one again. The camera controls were really janky and the final Boss fights really shattered my nerves. Now on to Re: Chain of Memories. ?

Edited by Lojtana

• 2 weeks later...

1L006f3e.png

:platinum: #37 LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

There's not really a lot to say about this one. I'm a fan of the LEGO games in general, and even if I didn't quite enjoy it es much as the Jurassic World one, I still had a lot of fun playing this game. I think though, that this has more to do with the fact that I like the Jurassic Park franchise way more than the DC Superheroes and I think I'm going to have more fun playing through the Star Wars one in the following weeks. 

What I didn't enjoy as much were the HUB planets. They were way to repetitive, the camera controls were not really to my liking and the flying characters had a habit of falling down instead of dropping down a little when I pressed :circle: once, which made most of the races unfun. 

The DLCs on the other hand were short and since I knew every franchise except the Bizarro one, they were really enjoyable to me, so I'm glad I bought the Complete Collection instead of the regular game. 

And who knows. Maybe I'll get even more LEGO Games now and then some day I'll have played through them all. :D 

My next PS4 Digital Game is going to be Beyond: Two Souls. I'm really excited about it being a PS+ Game, since I never bought it but was always interested in it. I hope that I finish Crash Bandicoot 3 before that though. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Since I had to work a lot this month, I didn't have as much time to continue with my games, as I'd like, but since I had a few days off now I could finally finish The Book of Unwritten Tales 2:

1L159184.png

:platinum: #38 The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

I'm not the biggest fan of Point-and-Click Adventures, so I used a guide to get me through most of the game, which reduced the difficulty to 0/10. :D It still took a lot longer than I anticipated to get through the game, and if I hadn't used the guide, I'm sure I'd have missed quite a few trophies and it would have taken at least twice as long. 

Nevertheless I really enjoyed the story and all the little Easter Eggs that could be found in the game. I wasn't too fond of the ending though, so I hope that they eventually release a third game (excluding The Critter Chronicles), to resolve the remaining story arcs. 

I'm not too sure which game I want to chose next as my digital PS3 game, so I'm going to leave it open for now and try to finish a PS4 game next. 

And since I found the Final Fantasy X/X-2 Steelbook Edition for 20€ last week and additionally bought Heavy Rain and Project Cars, I have a few games to add to my backlog. I really need to reduce the backlog faster. :D:D 

I thought about having a weekly review post rather than posting only when I finished a new game to show the progress I had in general and not only to show off one game. I think that could be a good idea, but we'll see if I'll do this or stick to the format I have now.

Since my post at the beginning of the week I wasn't able to earn another platinum trophy, but I finished my story-walkthrough of Beyond: Two Souls today and should be able to plat it in the next few days. After perusing some of the guides on this website I decided to play some Rayman Legends and Project Cars to get started on their long-term trophies :silver: Sooo rich! and :bronze: Community Ambassador to reduce the time I need to finish the game and respectively to even be able to finish the game.

I played Dead by Daylight and BF1 more out of enjoyment than to actively get trophies this week, but since I still need to unlock most of the DLC Weapons in BF1 for their respective trophies it's not really lost time trophy-wise. 

FIFA 17 and Kind Oddball were more something for in between, but since I managed to acquire some FIFA coins I hope that I'll be able to get the trophies for the FUT Draft sessions. 

At the start of the month I set the following goals regarding my trophies:

• finish LEGO Batman 3
  • finish Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  • start & finish Beyond: Two Souls
  • increase KH Re: CoM's completion to over 70%

It seems like I was a little too optimistic with Kingdom Hearts, but I'll probably reach 3 of my 4 goals, so I'm pretty happy about that. (:

Let's see how the next week goes. :D 

I sadly haven't been able to accomplish much this week because I had to go back to work, but I finally finished Beyond: Two Souls. Here is a bit more detailed rundown of my trophy-progression this week:

• Beyond: Two Souls: 27/46 63% → 46/46 100% :platinum: 
  • Rayman Legends: 6/51 10% → 11/51 17%
  • Dead By Daylight: 19/92 17% → 20/92 18%

1L58bbbd.png

:platinum: #39 Beyond: Two Souls

I never actually read a synopsis of the story before playing this game, so I went into this experience completely blind and even though I think that I would have experienced the story a little bit differently if I hadn't chosen to play the game in chronological order I immensely enjoyed my first playthrough. In my opinion there were aspects of the story that were really boring and way too drawn out like the CIA Training or the Navajo chapter, but the core story really intrigued me. Especially Jodie's relationship with Aiden and the reveal who Aiden really is. At first I was a little bit confused why the Platinum rarity was so low for, in my opinion, such an easy game, but then I realized that the trophies weren't difficult. They were just freaking tedious. Having to replay the Epilogue and the last chapter so many times really became the Bane of my existence. Having to play through the chapters again to kill/save everybody was kind of okay since I needed to replay most of these chapters to get conflicting trophies like Eye for an Eye and Agent 894732. But the last chapter really was too long to have to replay at least four times to get additional endings that aren't even that different to the ones you already saw. And some of the choices you could make were a little idiotic. Like getting together with Jay at the end after knowing him for a day and him being pretty rude? No thanks. But all in all I really enjoyed the story the first time around. The additional playthroughs I had to go through were just boring and really not worth the other endings. 

Since a new month started a few days ago i scrolled through my Profile and thought about a few goals I could set myself to reduce my Backlog and came up with the following:

• finish Crash Bandicoot: Warped (8 trophies left)
  • finish Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (2 trophies left)
  • finish Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (7 trophies left)
  • finish 2/6 playthroughs for Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM

Maybe I'll add a few other goals in the coming weeks if I finish these faster than I anticipated. But we'll see about that. (:

Edited by Lojtana
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided not to update last week since I didn't have much time to play and therefore my progress was marginal. 
In the last two weeks I finally managed to finish Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry, while the rest of the time was used to do the weekly/daily challenges in Rayman Legends and Project CARS and to have fun with Dead by Daylight and trying to level up as many characters as possible.

As I stated in my previous update, I'd like to finish Kingdom Hearts 2.8 this month, but killing Phantom Aqua without getting hit is such a pain, so much so, that I think I'm going to postpone finishing it a bit more. But we'll se how the next two weeks go.

Also, I started playing Diablo 3 since it has been sitting on the shelf for quite some time now an what's the point in having all those games when you never play them? And as I said in my first post, my goal for now is to keep my completion rate at above 50% and that's still the case. (:

Now the detailed rundown of my progress over the last two weeks:

• Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry: 10/12 57% → 12/12 100% ✔️
  • Dead By Daylight: 20/92 18% → 34/92 30%
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls: 0%  → 4/54 4%
  • Project CARS: 4/45 7% → 5/45 8%
  • Rayman Legends: 11/51 17% → 12/51 18%

L83661c.png

#11 - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

This game was definitely not one of my favorites. Even though I enjoyed the older Assassin's Creed games and I'm planning on playing Assassin's Creed Origins in the near future, the automatic jumping & the at times inaccurate controls took a lot of the fun out of it for me. Also, a few of the trophies were really boring to achieve since you essentially had to do the same thing over and over again, especially for Seeds of Independence and Thug Life. So after the main story was finished The game became really boring and I guess that's also the reason why I didn't finish it in the first place. And I know that Freedom Cry is a standalone DLC, so I shouldn't expect too much of it, but still. :D

Lastly I want to finish this update with adding Valkyria Revolution to my Backlog. 

• 1 month later...

Sooooo, it's been a while since I updated this thread and the main reason for that is that I didn't have as much time in July to play and as a result I didn't finish any games. Therefore I didn't see any particular reason to update here. But in the last month I actually bought a few games and since the month is now over I thought an update couldn't hurt. 

So, first things first. Here is my detailed progress over the last month and a half:

• Crash Bandicoot 3: 17/25 68% → 21/27 75%
  • Dead by Daylight: 34/92 30% → 53/98 50%
  • Destiny: 46/61 67% → 47/61 69%
  • Diablo 3: 4/54 4% → 38/54 68%
  • Fallout Shelter: 0% → 26/35 60%
  • Fifa 17: 36/45 80% → 37/45 82%
  • Jurassic World Evolution: 0% → 9/52 13%
  • Rayman Legends: 12/51 18% → 13/51 20%
  • Stardew Valley: 0% → 6/41 15%

I actually quite liked the idea of monthly goals,but the problem last time was that I couldn't motivate myself to play the games that I set as goals and that's not really ideal. :D 
As a result the goals for August are pretty much the same as they were for the last month, but this time I'm actually going to reach them. I hope. :D:D 
But in all seriousness, the goals I picked are pretty manageable. For Crash 3 I mostly only need to finish the time trials and the few bonus levels which shouldn't be too hard.
For Diablo 3 I already finished both playthroughs and "only" need to level up my 4 other characters to Level 70. Since I haven't bought the DLC yet, I'll just platinum the game and will complete it at a later time.
And I really do need to get started on the Kingdom Hearts Re: Com Platinum trophy, since I still have to platinum BBS and Kingdom Hearts 2 and I want to get the most boring one out of the way first. Oh, and I removed completing Kingdom Hearts 0.2 from my goals because killing Phantom Aqua without taking damage just doesn't work for me. So, that's indefinitely postponed. :D:D 

With all of this said, these are my goals for August:

• Complete Crash Bandicoot 3
  • Platinum Diablo 3
  • finish 2/6 playthroughs for Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM

I already edited the first post with the games that I accumulated over the last few weeks, so I won't list them there again. 

Here's to hoping, that this month will work out better for me, trophy-wise at least, than the last one. ?

• 5 weeks later...

It seems like another month has gone by since I last updated this thread. Sadly, I didn't manage to complete all of my goals for this month, but I think that I actually did get a bit more done than in the last month. Maybe I shouldn't set too many different games as my goal since I know that I don't particularly like to stick to the same game for an extended period of time. I guess I can only hope to one day either learn to stick to the games I chose or to get better at judging how much I can actually get done in one month. 

Either way. As always here's the detailed progress over the last month:

• Dead By Daylight: 53/98 50% → 62/98 59%
  • Diablo 3: 38/54 68% → 44/54 85% :platinum: 
  • Fallout Shelter: 26/35 60% → 35/35 100% :platinum: 
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: 3/48 4% → 23/48 36%
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 0% → 11/70 12%

After nearly three full months I finally managed to get my next Platinum Trophy, and it even was my 40th Plat overall. And then a day after I got another Plat. So I'd like to think that August was actually a pretty good month for me.

Before I finish this post with the more detailed impressions of the games that I platted this month, I want to go over my goals for September:

• Complete Crash Bandicoot 3 - I actually hope that three time's the charm here, because it would be pretty embarrassing to not finish it again, especially since there aren't even that many trophies left. And I would really like to finish the Trilogy before staring Spyro, especially now that its release has been moved to November, I think. 
  • Finish 4/6 playthroughs of Kingom Hearts Re: CoM - I managed to get my first Sora playthrough done this month and I actually already started on getting some of the enemy cards and miscellaneous trophies out of the way. Thankfully Riku's Story is much shorter and since I already started this one too it should be possible to finish it and another two playthroughs. Especially if I use some of the speedrunner's tactics. I just hate that you need to play through every story three times. That's just excessive. 

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to continue my LEGO Star Wars playthrough in the next month, but I don't really want to set this one as a goal. 

And now, as I already said, the games I platted in more detail:

1Ld62e93.png

:platinum: #40 Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

When I purchased this game I had a feeling that I could quite possibly like it, but I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. I never played the prequels, so I didn't know any of the lore and didn't know exactly what to expect from this game, but since I always liked to play RPGs and really liked the look of it, it couldn't hurt to buy this game. 
The premise of the story is this typical "There is an evil force and you are the chosen one to defeat it" that everybody has played at least a thousand times, but I don't think that the story is the thing that makes this game so fun to me. I mean, it was interesting to find all these books throughout the game to get a better understanding about the characters and the world itself, but once I finished the story (twice) and started on the bounties and rifts and leveling up the other characters and getting to the point where I could arrange better builds for my characters I actually wanted to keep playing this game. So I'm definitely going to keep playing this game, since I want to get some of the in-game  challenges done. I also plan on getting the DLC the next time it's on sale.
I'd also like to add that I feared that the controls would be a bit rubbish, and while I imagine that it's a bit more comfortable to play this game with a mouse and keyboard, it was really easy to get behind the controls. Off the top of my head I don't really find anything absolutely negative to say about this game, except for Diablo's character design. What's up with that? In the final fight when he starts walking to you it absolutely looks like he has jiggling breast and I think that this could have been handled a bit better. :D:D 

1L035498.png

:platinum: #41 Fallout Shelter

I started playing this game around a year and a half ago on my phone, but I didn't like it all that much and pretty quickly forgot about it, but since it was a free Platinum I just had to start again. And I have to say, it was a pretty relaxing trophy to get. Everyday after work I would just start the game up, change the rooms for a few dwellers so that they could level up their skills and then do the quests I sent them on the day before. It thankfully never required too much of my attention and I'm grateful that the Weapon and Outfit trophy didn't glitch for me in a bad way. 
Though I don't really see a reason to keep playing the game after getting the trophy. For me it lacks a certain incentive to keep playing. 

• 1 month later...

After nearly 2 more months I still haven't finished Crash 3, but some of these time trials are really a pain. At least I managed to surpass one of my goals and finally finish another Kingdom Hearts Game. Maybe I'll get them all done before KH3 releases next year. Other than that I sadly didn't manage to progress much more, but I hope that with the help of the Gaming By Numbers Event I'll be able to reduce my backlog a bit more.

My detailed progress:

• Destiny: 0% → 10/24 40%
  • Jurassic World Evolution: 9/52 13% → 16/55 23%
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [PS3]: 20/46 33% → 25/46 42%
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories [PS3]: 23/48 36% → 48/48 100% :platinum: 
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 11/70 12% → 70/70 100% :platinum:
  • Project Cars: 5/45 8% → 6/45 10%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut [PS4]: 0% → 18/19 90%

1Lc03c25.png

:platinum: #42 LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

As with all of the other LEGO games, I really do enjoy them a lot more when I have actually seen the movie the games are based on. Other than that there's not really a lot to say about the LEGO games. 

1L4e3c6e.png

:platinum: #43 Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

I'm really glad I finally finished this game. The game itself was actually pretty enjoyable the first time around, but having to play through the game 2 more times for each character was such a chore. Especially the Sora playthtroughs since he had so many rooms to go through on every floor. Apart from this I thankfully got through the game fairly quickly with spamming fire as Sora and stunning nearly every boss in Dark Mode as Riku. So there is that. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Nice job on that Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories platinum! 1f44f.png

I can tell you're a Kingdom Hearts by your profile lol. That's a series I've got to get into sometime.

Thanks. (:

And yes, the Kingdom Hearts series is a favorite of mine ever since I played the first game on the PS2. The story has become pretty convoluted over time, but the games are still worth playing in my opinion. (:

2 hours ago, Jens said:

I feel you on Chain of Memories. I needed a year-long break as well :P So congrats on that :highfive: Do you have any knowledge already of Birth by Sleep or is it your first time ever with it? It turned out to me my favorite one.

It's not my first time with BBS. I played it when it first came out for the PSP and I already got the plat for the PS4 version, so I don't have to pay attention to the story anymore and can thankfully cheese my way through the game. (:
For me, Kingdom Hearts 2 is still my favorite from the whole series, but BBS is definitely more enjoyable than most of the other games, gameplay and story-wise. 

• 2 weeks later...

In the last nearly two weeks I managed to complete three games I need for the Gaming by Numbers event, so I hope that I'll be able to complete all ten of them before December is over. Additionally I created a Backlog Pyramid and hopefully it will help me to stay focused on a few games instead of being all over the place after the event is over.

Detailed progress:

• Eat Them!: 0% → 3/13 14%
  • Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom: 0% → 47/47 100% :platinum:
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 [PS3]: 28/51 42% → 32/51 58%
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [PS3]: 25/46 42% → 46/46 100% :platinum:
  • XBlaze Lost: Memories: 0% → 40/40 100% :platinum:

1L5c95c4.png

:platinum: #44 XBlaze Lost:Memories

To be completely honest I only completed this game because it was a quick and easy platinum. I really can't be bothered with this type of games and I was really bored "playing" it. I don't know if I would feel differently about it had I actually watched all the scenes, but there just came a point, much like with Psycho-Pass, where I started to skip every dialogue and just rushed through the game. 

1L6da1d7.png

:platinum: #45 Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [PS3]

Since I already got the platinum for the PS4 version I had enough experience to know what had to be done and how it could get done efficiently. I'm unsure whether it was the right decision to do the 100% completion for Aqua and Ven on critical difficulty, because a lot of the times my input got eaten which resulted in a loss of invincibility from my cartwheel/roll and more often than not my immediate death. One of the things I rather dislike about the game, other than having to play the command board a thousand times, are some of the bosses' mechanics. Especially The Unknown and Eraqus' Armor have a few moves where it was impossible for me to escape their loop of attacks and heal me. There were even attacks that, in my opinion, should have been survivable with Once More/Second Chance equipped but killed me when I wasn't at full HP. These random/inevitable deaths really frustrated me at times. 

On a positive note, I discovered this time around that the Ice Cream Beat minigame is so much easier when the game is played on monitor with super low reaction time rather than a normal TV. 
Lastly I have to say that I'm eternally grateful to Past-Me for deciding to nearly Terra's reports on Standard difficulty so that I only had to fight the two additional bosses and like 3 or 4 arena missions. It would have been a pain to 100% him on critical.

1L6f365b.png

:platinum: #46 Invizimals: Lost Kingdom

Another one of those games that you just complete because they are fairly quick to finish and really, really easy. Sure, the game itself was repetitive and there were a few bugs here and there, especially involving the camera, but this is a game targeted at smaller children and as such it wasn't even that bad. 

I just realized that I'm heading for my 50th Platinum trophy. I'm not really the kind of person to plan out trophy milestones, but I think I want to go for a more challenging game as my 50th and since most of the games I'm planning on completing for the Numbers Event are Non-Platinum games that shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

Taking part in the Gaming By Numbers Event really does seem to help me with sticking to the games that I chose to complete. I guess a big part of it is because of the deadline that I have to meet. A little mishap happened, when I thought that the '2064', that's part of the name of 2064: Read Only Memories, is its game ID, so I obtained the Platinum thinking that it could be my number 4 game, when in reality its ID end on an 8, which I already had. Since my other games that end on a 4 didn't seem to appealing to my, I decided to "quickly" plat Fill-A-Pix. So with that out of the way, Another World also finished and Eat Them! and Costume Quest 2 already started, I'm back on track. (:

Even though 2064 was rumored to be a harder Platinum because of two of its trophies, I really did enjoy playing it. I even decided to try my hand and write a Trophy Walkthrough for this game to maybe help a few more people achieve this platinum. I really don't feel that it deserves the rarity that it, at this moment at least, possesses. I'm excited to see if my guide will be well received or not. (:

Detailed Progress:

• 2064: Read Only Memories: 0% → 65/65 100% :platinum: 
  • Another World: 0% → 13/13 100% ?
  • Eat Them: 3/13 14% → 6/16 33%
  • Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure: 0% → 30/30 100% :platinum: 

Le0c901.png

#12 - Another World

I think the game was alright. As far as I know it was a remake from a 20+-year-old game, so I don't think you could expect too much from it. It was quick and fairly easy to complete and that's exactly what I needed this game to be. I didn't enjoy the game too much, but I struggle in general with these older games, so I think that my opinion is pretty biased. 

1L318a69.png

:platinum: #47 - 2064: Read Only Memories

It has been a while since I enjoyed a game, that I've never played before, as much as I enjoyed this one. I generally love pixel art and pixel art games, but since that's judging a book by it's cover I'd like to go into a bit more detail. I really liked the story of this little, naive, and sentient robot that's coming to you in the hopes that you can help him find his missing creator. It seemed that quite a few people didn't like Turing's character and found him rather annoying, but for me it was the exact opposite. He is really cute and being mean to him hurt my soul a little bit. Other than that I enjoyed the story around the disturbances in the city that occurred because of the gap that's formed between the Hybrids and their allies and the opposition. I feel like it's a bit (of course not completely and not to its extent) relatable to today's world. Somehow it really didn't bother me, having to play through the game countless times - not only for the platinum itself, but also to write and check the accuracy of the trophy walkthrough. 

In my opinion it's definitely worth playing, even if it's just to get a fairly easy and fast platinum. 

1L71e611.png

:platinum: #48 - Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure

I didn't actually bother to check this game out before I bought it when it was on sale. I just knew that is was a numerical puzzle and I somehow thought it would be a Picross game. Sadly I was mistaken, but since I enjoy puzzle games, especially puzzles with numbers, I liked it nevertheless. For the platinum I didn't play most part of the game as it's supposed to be played. There were just too many big pictures to do that, but I decided to leave this game on my HDD and maybe I'll come back to it someday and complete the puzzles legitimately. 

I'm planning to complete the next four games for the Gaming By Numbers Event, which should be Costume Quest 2, Eat Them!, Lego Marvel's Avengers and This Is The Police. Once that's done I'd like to make the PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts 2 my 50th platinum and then I want to work on my Backlog Pyramid. We'll see how that works out. ?

Edited by Lojtana

• 2 weeks later...

In the last three days I completed three games that I needed for the Numbers Event, so I'm finally down to my last one. Hopefully it won't take me the whole of December to finish it. ?

Detailed Progress:

• Costume Quest 2: 0% → 18/18 100% 1f4af.png
  • Eat Them!: 6/16 33% → 16/16 100% 1f4af.png
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 0% → 71/71 100% :platinum: 

1L7de0cb.png

:platinum: #49 - LEGO Marvel's Avengers

Playing this game on the PS3 showed me again how atrocious the loading times are in comparison to the PS4. Like all other Lego games I had fun getting all the collectibles and I really enjoyed that quiet a lot of movies were compressed into this one game. I especially liked that the hubs were filled with NPCs, so it didn't feel as empty as the world in Lego Batman. 

spacer.pngLbea806.png

#12 - Eat Them!

I'm pretty sure I would have never bought this game, because neither its premise nor its graphic were really appealing to me. But since it was free on PS+ there was no harm in checking it out and it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. It was at times boring because of its repetitiveness, but since it's a rather short game the missions could be completed in a decent amount of time, and after getting all the good monster parts it was super easy to get all the gold medals. 
All in all, for me, it's definitely neither a long-lasting nor a super fun game, but or the few times I played it, it was pretty decent.

Lc86583.png

#13 - Costume Quest 2

Since I haven't played the first part I lacked a bit of the backstory and I'm sure I therefore missed a bit while playing the game, but it was nevertheless quite entertaining. Especially the Candy Corn Costume. While I certainly wasn't dying with laughter it was good for a little chuckle here and there. I generally liked the references that were made throughout the game. Similar to Invizimals, I feel that the expectations shouldn't be too high for such a game, since it's target audience are children, but with that in mind it's still enjoyable for adults. 

As I said before, I now plan to complete This Is The Police, which should be no problem, considering I have the whole month left. Additionally I'd like to get Kingdom Hearts 2 and 0.2 done this year to be completely ready for Kingdom Hearts 3, but we'll see how that works out with the rather limited time I'll be having due to work and Christmas preparations next month. 

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I didn't complete This Is The Police, since work and Christmas preparations just didn't leave me enough time. As a substitute for the Numbers Event I rushed through Syberia and made it with a few days to spare.

Other than that I didn't complete any more games in 2018 in preparation for the events I'm partaking in that started this month. The first completed game of the year, and my 50th Platinum overall was the PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts. Apart from that I started a lot of games, but didn't finish any more.

The games I ended up using for the Gaming By Numbers Event are the following:

• 0 - (1880) Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories [PS3] :platinum: 
  • 1 - (3071) Syberia ?
  • 2 - (3762) XBlaze Lost:Memories :platinum: 
  • 3 - (673) Eat Them! ?
  • 4 - (7934) Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure [EU/PS4] :platinum: 
  • 5 - (4265) Lego Marvel's Avengers [PS3] :platinum: 
  • 6 - (3056) Costume Quest 2 [PS3] ?
  • 7 - (2677) Another World ?
  • 8 - (2948) Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep [PS3] :platinum: 
  • 9 - (2219) Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom :platinum: 

Detailed Progress:

• Dead By Daylight: 62/98 59% → 63/110 52%
  • Final Fantasy XV: 0% → 4/91 2%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 [PS3]: 32/51 58% → 51/51 100% :platinum:
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: 0% → 10/74 8%
  • Spyro the Dragon: 0% → 9/37 14%
  • Syberia: 0% → 13/13 100% ?
  • This is the Police: 0% → 1/10 4%
  • Word Search by POWGI: 0% → 8/34 26%
  • Word Sudoku by POWGI: 0% → 1/28 1%

Lf0342a.png

#14 - Syberia

This game was absolutely boring,not to mention the poor graphics and all the invisible walls you constantly ran into. I mean, I kind of knew what to expect, but it was after all even more boring than I thought. Somehow I'm glad that the European version of Syberia 2 has an unobtainable trophy, so I won't be tempted to play this one as well.

1Lcc2305.png

:platinum: #50 - Kingdom Hearts 2 [PS3]

After three long years I finally completed the last game from the PS3 collections. All in all it was a pretty smooth playthrough. The only real trouble were the Data fights, and for some reason especially the one against Axel. I think it had a bit to do with the long load times for the Drive Forms. Every time I used them to heal me up, they took so long to load that the enemy was already attacking again and so I lost a lot of my health. Again... But since Kingdom Hearts 2 is probably one of my favourite games from the series I really enjoyed playing through it again. 

Since I'm part of a lot of events this month, there are a lot of games that I'm trying to complete right now.

For now I'm playing Spider-Man and the Word games from POWGI in addition to the Comrades DLC from Final Fantasy XV. Once the 10 Things I Hate about Games Event starts I'll try to also finish Pic-a-Pix, Burly Men At Sea and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 for this month. I'll have to see if I can squeeze in any additional games.

Edited by Lojtana

• 2 weeks later...

Because of my participation in numerous events this month, it's been two busy weeks trophy-wise for me. I still plan to complete at least 4 more games this month, but I don't want my updates to be too big, so I'm splitting them up somewhat. 

Most of the games I'm finishing this month are going to be shorter games. I'm hoping to be able to complete Detroit and Kingdom Hearts 3 before the end of the month, especially since I took a week off of work for KH3, but we'll see if that works out.

Detailed Progress.

• Burly Men At Sea: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Detroit: Become Human: 0% → 2/49 2%
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: 10/74 8%100% :platinum: 1f4af.png
  • Pic-A-Pix Color: 0% → 10/25 37%
  • Teslagrad: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • The Inner World: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Word Search: 8/34 26% → 15/34 47%
  • Word Sudoku by POWGI: 1/28 1%100% :platinum: 

1La2014d.png

:platinum: #51 - Marvel's Spider-Man

This was the first big game I played this year and it was an amazing one. I was really interested in this game after I saw the Trailer at E3, but I rarely buy games when they launch, so I decided to wait a bit. My backlog is big enough anyways. But as luck would have it I got the game as a present for Christmas. I really liked about this game that you didn't have to go through Peter's beginning stage as Spider-Man. In my opinion that story has been told way too many times. I think I could avoid a lot of the glitches that people talked about, because I played it relatively late and the patches took already care of most of the glitches. At first I thought that I would be a bit overwhelmed with the fighting-system, but it was more intuitive than I thought and I thankfully didn't have to much of a problem with it. The only thing I really disliked was having to play through the game again to get the 100%. While I think that is a great game, it didn't really have that much of a replayability for me, so playing the main story once, would have been enough for me.

But all in all, it's a really great game and I'm hoping to see a sequel to it soon.

1L6b1ae2.png

:platinum: #52 - Word Sudoku by POWGI

I bought the first two Word games a while back when they were on sale, an I thought that now would be a great time to play them, since they are pretty easy and they would count towards the New Year's Contest. It took me a while to find out that you need to only complete a few specific puzzles for the Platinum, so I wasted a bit of time by playing more than I needed to, but since I like Sudoku and Puzzle Games in general, it wasn't that much of a hassle. 

1L47879f.png

:platinum: #53 - Teslagrad

When I bought the game I thought that it would be a nice little platformer and rather relaxing to play, but oh boy was I wrong. To be fair, a large portion of the game was as easy as I thought it would be and getting to the different locations for the cards wasn't too hard either. My biggest problem was that you couldn't press :square: consecutively and as a result I often didn't dash towards safety when I wanted to and would die miserably. Especially the Eyeball-Boss was super rage-inducing to me because of this issue. His lasers killed me so many times, that it just became unfun. 

1L108650.png

:platinum: #54 - Burly Men At Sea

I really enjoyed the minimalist design of the game and I think the idea with the different paths that you can take is quite interesting, but on the other hand it lead to being rather repetitive and at times boring. But it's supposed to be a short game with not too much content and as that it's okay, in my opinion.

1L920c61.png

:platinum: #55 - The Inner World

I needed a game with a Completion rate of at least 80% for the 10 Things I Hate About Games event and I didn't want to use the usual suspects that fit into the category, so I chose this game. It's a typical Point-and-Click-Adventure, and while I find this genre at times boring, the story was okay and it's always nice to support German publisher and developer. 

All games that I complete this month that have a platinum, will count towards the New Year's Contest, so I won't specifically list them each time. The Inner World counts towards the Bingo Bonanza as a game that you can complete within one sitting and Spider-Man counts as the game with Gorgeous Vistas. Burly Men At Sea and Teslagrad count towards the Monthly Madness, since both of those games have been part of PS+. And lastly The Inner world counts as my EZPZ game for the 10 Things I Hate Event and Burly Men At Sea counts as the Bad Rep game. 

The games that I'm definitely going to complete this month are Word Search, Pic-a-Pix Color and Nightmares from the Deep. I'd also like to complete SOMA and Steins;Gate for the Monthly Madness Challenge to complete 4 games that fit the theme. Apart from that I'll see how far I come with Detroit and KH3.

Edited by Lojtana

• 3 weeks later...

I'd had hoped to update this thread a bit more frequently to not lose track over the games I completed, but on the other hand I think it's better to group a larger number of finished games together. Thankfully I pretty much managed to get all the games done that I had planned to do. The only thing I didn't manage was to complete KH 0.2 before KH 3, but I hope to finish it in the next few days, so I'm okay with it.

With the end of the month the first event draws to a close and while I didn't finish any games that I had already started, I completed nearly all of the new games I played and could still reduce my backlog. But without further ado, here's the detailed progress:

• Detroit: Become Human: 2/49 2% → 26/49 47%
  • Kingdom Hearts III: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Master Reboot: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Pic-A-Pix Color: 10/25 37%100% :platinum: 
  • Steins;Gate: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Word Search: 15/34 47%100% :platinum: 

1Le6a28e.png

:platinum: #56 - Pic-A-Pix Color

I've always been a huge Picross fan, so I actually bought this game for my enjoyment rather than just for the easy platinum. And sure, it doesn't really hold a candle to the Picross 3D game for the Nintendo 3DS and the controls were a bit unintuitive at times, but it was still enjoyable to me nonetheless and I'm pretty sure, that I'll buy the successor sometime in the future. 

1L744064.png

:platinum: #57 - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

I only bought this game to use it as my Speedrun Trophy game for the 10 Things I Hate event and sure, the whole story was a bit weird and the graphics weren't phenomenal either, but it's a typical Artifex Mundi game, so it's not like I didn't expect this. I was a bit annoyed that I had to pretty much play through the game twice, since it really doesn't have any replayability, but I guess it could be worse. 

1L3b4dd2.png

:platinum: #58 - Steins;Gate

I kind of rushed through this game, since I'm really not a fan of Visual Novels, but since a lot of people absolutely praise this game, I think I'll have to come back to it and try to enjoy the story, even if I don't go for all the different endings again.

1L773d3c.png

:platinum: #59 - Kingdom Hearts III

This is by far my most anticipated game not only for this year, but for the last few years since its development has been announced, and it's finally here! First of all I'd just quickly like to mention that I'm absolutely in love with Face Your Fears and I've been listening to it for the whole last week. I don't want to spoil anyone, that might read this, so I'm not going into details of the plot, but the one big thing that bothered my were the Disney worlds. They were an absolute time-waster. In hindsight I wish I'd skipped all the cutscenes because they were really not that interesting and held literally no important plot. Visually they, like pretty much the rest of the game, were amazing and I'm still in awe to see how far we've come since the PS2 era. Especially the Pirates of the Caribbean world. In Kingdom Hearts 2 the heroes heartless felt so totally out of place and didn't fit into the world at all and now the world is just so vast and really really beautiful. 

Another thing that had me disappointed was that they spoiled so much with their trailers. I actually stopped watching the last few ones, because I didn't want to spoil myself further. I think they should have left a few things out of the trailers. In regards to the German version of the game, I'm a bit sad that we didn't get a German synchronization, but it's not like I expected anything else.

All in all I have to say that the game feels a bit short, especially since there are so many Disney worlds and just absolutely nothing happens in them and the post-game content isn't that exhilarating either, but maybe there will be DLCs that add to our enjoyment.

Also, I'm interested to see where the next Saga is going. Definitely need to catch up on all the Kingdom Hearts Unchained stuff though. 

1L7c3f2b.png

:platinum: #60 - Word Search by POWGI

There's really not much to say about these kind of games. I love puzzle games and the dog-puns were worthy of a few chuckles here and there, fur sure. ;) 

1Lcea83f.png

:platinum: #61 - Master Reboot

Having to play this game on Welsh absolutely ruined the enjoyment for me. I mean, it's for sure an interesting trophy, but you're absolutely unable to grasp the story and that's ruining it for me. Sure, I could have played through the game twice, but I'm so easily bored that I rarely enjoy replaying a game, even if I had a blast playing it the first time around. Maybe I'll watch a Let's Play or something to understand the story, because it actually did seem interesting at times.

In the next few days I want to tackle Kingdom Hearts 0.2, so that I'll be done with these games and you'll never have to read about them here ever again. 

Other that that I think I'm going to attempt Final Fantasy X-2 for the Monthly Madness event, finish up Detroit and work my way steadily through the other games that I have planned for the various events. 

For the New Year's Contest 2019 I ended up using the following games:

• Burly Men At Sea
  • Kingdom Hearts II [PS3]
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Marvel's Spider-Man
  • Master Reboot
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  • Pic-A-Pix Color
  • Steins;Gate
  • Teslagrad
  • The Inner World
  • Word Search
  • Word Sudoku

The games that counted towards the January theme of the Monthly Madness events were Burly Men At Sea, Master Reboot, Steins;Gate and Teslagrad.

• Like 2