dreamcastXIII

Anybody get the Watcher Ring from Eggplant Man in the Mana Fortress?

9 posts in this topic

It's one of the last things blocking me from the platinum trophy. All the other orbs and gear drops I got in 20 minutes or less. I've spent 4+ hours trying to get the Eggplant Man to spawn then drop. Maybe it's just my luck.

Also, the amount of game crashing is ridiculous. I'm playing on the Vita.

Uggh...maybe I just needed to vent my frustration. Anybody else having this issue? I'd hate to start over only to farm Eggplant Man in the Underground. 

I am so sad to hear about all the crashing. SoM is one of my favourite games of all time but I don't know if I can justify picking it up again if my experience is going to be hindered like that :(

Good luck with the platinum. Save often

As I recall, the Watcher Ring was one of the bigger pains in the ass to get.  My best advice is to find an Eggplant man that's next to a door (I remember one, but I can't remember where it was).  It will take for-ever, though. :( 

Eggplant man drop was the rarest for me.. took about 3 hours total. Keep grinding it will drop!

34 minutes ago, REDSHIRT64 said:

Eggplant man drop was the rarest for me.. took about 3 hours total. Keep grinding it will drop!

I'm going to try and find it again, I've every other trophy in the game. The Watcher Ring is the only thing holding me from the platinum.

Do you remember by any chance where in the Mana Fortress you got it? Beginning, mid-way? A place with two shape shifters?

I'll reply when I find it.

I believe I grinded the eggplant man in the pure land 

That is where I grinded him.  It took me hours to grind for the rare drops.  I think it must have been over 15 hours.

Is it really the rarest? Eggplant man that is? That's a real shame. Spend 3 hours grinding Griffins and Ice Bandits in the one room and about 2 hours on Basilisks. Luckily got Ghost drop first drop.

Posted (edited)

On 4/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, dreamcastXIII said:

I'm going to try and find it again, I've every other trophy in the game. The Watcher Ring is the only thing holding me from the platinum.

Do you remember by any chance where in the Mana Fortress you got it? Beginning, mid-way? A place with two shape shifters?

I'll reply when I find it.

I see you've already platinumed it, but for anyone else doing the Eggplant Man grind - there's one at the end of the train car in the Mana Palace/Underground City (en route to the Kettle Kin boss fight).  It's right next to a door and the only other enemy next to it is a Ghoul, so it's easily respawned.  It will still take a while, though, but at least you don't need to wait for the enemy to spawn from a shapeshifter!

Edit: took nearly three hours, but I finally got the Watcher Ring from the Eggplant Man I mentioned above, on patch 1.03.

Edited by themindisacity