Metal Slug XX Is Coming To PlayStation 4 In Summer 2018

SteelFreaxx

I'll surely buy this again.  Wouldn't mind also seeing a release of Geostorm/GunForce II on the Arcade Archives series- it's another good game from Metal Slug's developers before they joined SNK.

Some of the enemy death screams in this sound like they got carried over to Metal Slug.  The BGM style is quite similar also.

• Like 1

Being an HD port of a PSP game that was an update to a DS game, I liked it well enough when I first played the XBLA version years ago. Biggest annoyance is the lack of hand-drawn, pixel perfect backgrounds that defined the series. Has the same kind of ugly rendered backgrounds as Metal Slug 6, except ultra blurry.

14 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Make sure you don't buy the Metal Slug Anthology, unless you like to play with a stupid amount of lag

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

1 minute ago, Kishnabe said:

PSP game but no Vita. :(

You can play the PSP game on Vita via digital download.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:17 AM, HardXDXtraga said:

Make sure you don't buy the Metal Slug Anthology, unless you like to play with a stupid amount of lag

As a long time Metal Slug fan, I was going to pick up the Metal Slug Anthology soon actually. I know it's off topic for the thread, so excuse me asking, but could you please explain the "stupid amount of lag"? Does it run on a server or something, or did you just mean framerate issues? Honestly though, I'm still getting this however you answer. I've been playing these games since I was a kid, so a whole collection of them is hard to resist. 

I've seen some MSA vids on YouTube & the framerate looks OK.  I'm sure it's input lag.  You could get MSA just for Metal Slug 6.  I'm sure that MS6 on this one is brought over from the Japanese stand-alone release, which worked OK for me on the actual PS2.

Metal Slug 6 is just fine on PS4- no lag.  I tried the MSA Metal Slug 1 and yes, the lag is there.  Anyway, MS6 alone is worth $20.

Edited by gameoverDude189

8 hours ago, ddracarys said:

As a long time Metal Slug fan, I was going to pick up the Metal Slug Anthology soon actually. I know it's off topic for the thread, so excuse me asking, but could you please explain the "stupid amount of lag"? Does it run on a server or something, or did you just mean framerate issues? Honestly though, I'm still getting this however you answer. I've been playing these games since I was a kid, so a whole collection of them is hard to resist. 

I got the Anthology in a PS4 sale for just under a fiver last year, it was well worth it to have all the games together in one place and it runs well enough. I also used to have the Anthology on PSP that version had more noticable framerate issues though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I think he meant input lag, as the game have some nasty delay compared to the arcades.

This put me off as I'm also an old MS fan, it's my favorite run&gun.

• Like 1

@ddracarys Input lag like others have said, it's worse in MS1 but the others are affected by it too

21 hours ago, SteelFreaxx said:

I got the Anthology in a PS4 sale for just under a fiver last year, it was well worth it to have all the games together in one place and it runs well enough. I also used to have the Anthology on PSP that version had more noticable framerate issues though.

I'm sorry but 'well enough' isn't waiting 1 second for the game to remember I pressed x, well enough is a decent finished game. This was a very dissapointing release that nowadays would only be bought by fans who end up being dissapointed when they find out that these 10 to 20 year old games can't even be played properly on a ps4. 

Edited by HardXDXtraga

• 1 month later...