you guys were right this game is kinda crappy lmao

As a fan of the Original Battlefront series. These EA versions are a slap in the face to gamers and Star Wars fans alike. Also. The new updated level up system is even worse than the loot crates. It renders all three currencies completely useless and requires you to grind using heroes and characters you won't get a chance to use because some no lifers already picked them all.

• Like 2

none of the trophies in this game were difficult at all.  Just a bit of a grind.  I don't get how people are finding them so difficult.  Are they still rubber banding in hero vs villains?  If so killing the marked target as the marked is super easy in that mode by chasing down the rubber banded players when they are marked.  that was how I did it.  Otherwise you need to play that mode a lot anyway to get xp to level 50.  It should come naturally.  Some people don't realize some of the hero ships are as easy to take down as normal fighters.  I would shoot them down with little effort and not even realize they were a hero ship.  Play the mode normally and attack the Falcon and slave 1 when you see them but focus on shooting down as many regular ships as you can because every so often you will get a smaller/weaker hero ship that doesn't stand out as being a hero ship.  it is about a 80 hour game give or take.   for the shotgun kills hug the outside of the map until you get behind the enemy.  You have to be up close to kill them with a shotgun because of spread.  The only way to get close enough to kill 3 enemies before they kill you is to flank them.  I got it quick.  I think it took me two matches.  These trophies are a grind but you need to rank to 50 anyway and they should be finished long before that.  I agree that the game sucks and I hope they don't add any more dlc because I would hate to have to level up to 100 playing this crap.

7 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

none of the trophies in this game were difficult at all.  Just a bit of a grind.  I don't get how people are finding them so difficult.  Are they still rubber banding in hero vs villains?  If so killing the marked target as the marked is super easy in that mode by chasing down the rubber banded players when they are marked.  that was how I did it.  Otherwise you need to play that mode a lot anyway to get xp to level 50.  It should come naturally.  Some people don't realize some of the hero ships are as easy to take down as normal fighters.  I would shoot them down with little effort and not even realize they were a hero ship.  Play the mode normally and attack the Falcon and slave 1 when you see them but focus on shooting down as many regular ships as you can because every so often you will get a smaller/weaker hero ship that doesn't stand out as being a hero ship.  it is about a 80 hour game give or take.   for the shotgun kills hug the outside of the map until you get behind the enemy.  You have to be up close to kill them with a shotgun because of spread.  The only way to get close enough to kill 3 enemies before they kill you is to flank them.  I got it quick.  I think it took me two matches.  These trophies are a grind but you need to rank to 50 anyway and they should be finished long before that.  I agree that the game sucks and I hope they don't add any more dlc because I would hate to have to level up to 100 playing this crap.

pretty much every game i played this weekend the marked target runs for their life and hides, especially using the jetpack. or getting to high places wher its harder for anyone to reach them because as your jumping to get to them a saber is being rammed up your behind. ive been playing heroes all weekend, i do enjoy that mode. but it truly is unbalanced you either win by a whole lot, or lose by a  whole lot. its never a match where i say that was a close one. heros and villains people are so concerned about winning instead of trophies so they hide. which makes no sense because i dont think there is even stats anywhere haha

Show me on the Mickey Mouse puppet where EA hurt you...

Seriously though, each new opinion makes me more glad I cancelled my pre-order on the day of release. I'm not into multiplayer and I haven't heard anyone say yet that the main campaign was actually worth it.

I just wish Disney took the licence from EA already and allowed anyone with enough money for the licence to make a game in the franchise. Could even be as a part of the profits; think what the Shovel Knight people could do!

On 4/9/2018 at 9:42 AM, The Spark said:

Show me on the Mickey Mouse puppet where EA hurt you...

Seriously though, each new opinion makes me more glad I cancelled my pre-order on the day of release. I'm not into multiplayer and I haven't heard anyone say yet that the main campaign was actually worth it.

I just wish Disney took the licence from EA already and allowed anyone with enough money for the licence to make a game in the franchise. Could even be as a part of the profits; think what the Shovel Knight people could do!

lol mickey mouse puppet that gave me a good laugh

the campaign i basically activated the shotgun to make me run as fast as possible and ran through the entire thing to just get through it. but it was pretty awfull. this should be a 10$ digital game honestly. it does have potential to be pretty great but man they relaly did alot wrong and seems to be a sinking ship. the first one wasnt the best game but it had potential to make a better 2nd one. its odd how much of a step back it took lmao. i hope they look at this game and say "ok we tried that, it didnt work, lets fire the idiot who suggested that, and never do that again, and move on"

and then there is little things that piss me off that dice has always done, like exaple the grenade button is mandatory left side. well its easier for m to hit the right side button. instead they put weapons on the right side i dont use often or that are almost useless without the option to switch. i dunno why dice always likes to break controls of what has worked for years in comfortable spots to make things super difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 10:53 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Here's a secret hack to make Battlefront 2 really good, but you will have to be willing to spend some money, listed in order of expense from cheapest to most expensive.

1. Buy a PSP and a copy of the 2005 version of the game

2. Buy a PS2 and a copy of the 2005 version of the game

3. Buy a OG Xbox and a copy of the 2005 version of the game

4. Buy a PC / Mac and a copy of the 2005 version of the game

Since this keeps getting the odd upvote STILL, I should add that you can now play the original 2 in all their glory in 4K and all on Xbox One. Talk about a middle finger to the shitty new ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Since this keeps getting the odd upvote STILL, I should add that you can now play the original 2 in all their glory in 4K and all on Xbox One. Talk about a middle finger to the shitty new ones.

How do you still see which posts are getting upvoted? Couple of months ago, like info stopped showing for me. Which is a shame because it's indeed fun to occasionally see an upvote in a thread I haven't been to in months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sucks to be a new player - as mentioned by others, if you come in with level 2/3 and come up against 25/30 it just seems like an instant lay down and die moment. For the most part, its just maxed out players still playing, getting pure enjoyment from squashing new players. I still enjoy the game - holding off from hitting rank 50 until the trophy is patched.

Image result for ultimate power meme

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2018 at 5:00 PM, Cthulhu said:

How do you still see which posts are getting upvoted? Couple of months ago, like info stopped showing for me. Which is a shame because it's indeed fun to occasionally see an upvote in a thread I haven't been to in months.

Dunno, I never changed any settings as far as I know.

Hell, I'm only here now because my two comments got an up vote today.

PS, we gotta do some matches of Fortnite on Switch, I am absolutely loving this game. Spent a couple hours today playing duos with the missus while she was on the Xbox. Actually, it's a pretty funny story, I'll post a short version on the Switch thread for the lulz.

• Like 1

I'm only level 34 and I'm beyond sick of it. I'd say 90% of the time in Heroes vs. Villains I'm put on the garbage team that gets slaughtered, winning maybe 1 round despite me always being on top. Never get any double XP, and glitches galore. I enjoyed the first one way more. 

5 minutes after posting this I get kicked out of the servers mid game LOL. 

Edited by aidan2110
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, aidan2110 said:

I'm only level 34 and I'm beyond sick of it. I'd say 90% of the time in Heroes vs. Villains I'm put on the garbage team that gets slaughtered, winning maybe 1 round despite me always being on top. Never get any double XP, and glitches galore. I enjoyed the first one way more. 

5 minutes after posting this I get kicked out of the servers mid game LOL. 

h v v, i agree was totally one sided almost all the time. you either kick butt harshly or you lose harshly. if i found a team that was mega good i just stayed with them as long as i could until the lobby was dead and we would jsut annihilate team after team