World Cup Giveaway [Winners Announced]

Zolkovo

World Cup Giveaway  

301 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to enter?

2. 2. Would you like to see more of these types of giveaways?

@DynaVita Amazingly you are the first Frenchman / Frenchwoman to vote for France! Personally, I think they have a fantastic chance at lifting the cup this year.

@cameronalan Unfortunately there is no Welsh flag emoticon for some reason (@BlindMango?) so I stuck a Union Jack next to your name for the time being under B5 - France.

@Mapa No problem, I've added you under B6 - Germany.

For anyone else passing by, there's only 2 weeks left to enter!

Edited by Zolkovo

Cant believe people are putting brazil over belgium,

Brazil needs another 4 years to be legit, meanwhile Belgium has on every spot except for right or left back a world class player.  ??

Hazard lukaku de bruyne carrasco courtouis alderweireld vertonghe dembele.

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

@DynaVita Amazingly you are the first Frenchman / Frenchwoman to vote for France! Personally, I think they have a fantastic chance at lifting the cup this year.

@cameronalan Unfortunately there is no Welsh flag emoticon for some reason (@BlindMango?) so I stuck a Union Jack next to your name for the time being under B5 - France.

@Mapa No problem, I've added you under B6 - Germany.

For anyone else passing by, there's only 2 weeks left to enter!

Hmm I can’t seem to find it either :hmm: I believe Sly imported some kind of emoji library for the site and has yet to update it with the newer standard emotes

Today is the final day for all 32 teams to name their 23-man squads. I will update this later once all the nations have submitted their final squads.

Based on what I've seen so far, here are my predictions for the group stages which kicks off in 10 days!

Group A - I reckon Uruguay will finish top, coming away with all 9 points. Whilst Egypt may be firm favourites as the 2nd qualifier from this group, I feel with the injury concerns looming over Salah and their team morale undoubtedly shaken Russia may be able to edge 2nd place with the tremendous support that host nations tend to receive. I'm afraid I see Saudi Arabia finishing bottom of the table.

Group B - I actually think Spain and Portugal will tie at the top with 7 points each.

Group C - France to coast to qualification with all 9 points. I think the Danes will pull through and finish 2nd with 6 points, but Australia are known to put up a good fight.

Group D - Argentina to go through with 7 points. While Croatia may be second favourites, I think the other qualification spot is up for grabs as Nigeria can be a strong squad and Iceland have been over-achieving for quite some time now.

Group E - Brazil to finish top with nothing short of 9 points, they will be tackling this world cup with a renewed vigour. I think Switzerland will qualify as well but only just. Serbia can be a force to be reckoned with when they're on form.

Group F - Germany will fail to qualify. Only kidding, naturally I expect them to qualify but it may not be a walk in the park as most expect. Quite a tough group as the 2nd spot is anyone's guess with Mexico, South Korea and Sweden all sporting young talents and plenty of attacking firepower. I will go with South Korea.

Group G - Belgium, dark horses of this tournament, will probably grab all the points as they gracefully glide to qualification. On paper England should also be comfortably striding to qualification but it would be classic England to slip up on the big stage.

Group H - Another tough group if I'm being honest. I think Colombia will finish top with 7 points and Senegal will go through on goal difference. Poland and Japan are strong contenders too though in this group, so anything could happen really.

I'm very interested in some of your group stage predictions - please feel free to post your thoughts!

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I'm very interested in some of your group stage predictions - please feel free to post your thoughts!

My thoughts: 

Group A: Uruguay to top the group comfortably with 9 points .. Egypt and Russia coming second both with 4 points but Egypt going through with just +1 goal difference, thanks to Salah`s return with Saudi Arabia leaving empty handed. 

Group B: Spain top with 9 points, Portugal as second but after struggling against Iran and Morocco, with Iran vs Morocco being an intense game ending in a 2-2 draw. 

Group C: France leading with 9 points .. Christian Eriksen helping Denmark coming in second with 6 points.. Peru vs Australia ending in a 1-1 draw seeing both teams going home with 1 point each. 

Group D : will be a strong group, Argentina leading with 7 points, beating Croatia and Iceland but drawing against Nigeria 2-2 .. Croatia coming in second with 6 points and Nigeria 3rd, after making good games.. unfortunately Iceland to go home with zero points..

Group E: Brazil to top with easy 9 points.. Serbia coming in second, thanks to Tadic and Mitrovic. 

Group F: Germany to top with another easy 9 points .. Mexico second with 6 .. South Korea to come last with no points, with Son scoring their only two goals.

Group G: Belgium and England should with their matches against Tunisia and Panama.. but with Belgium beating England to top with 9 pts, Tunisia to beat Panama .

Group H: the most unpredictable group in my opinion, but Colombia and Poland to get through with 7 points each, with Colombia first by goal difference, unfortunately seeing Senegal going home, despite a good performance by Mane. 

• Like 1