World Cup Giveaway [Winners Announced]

Zolkovo

World Cup Giveaway  

301 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to enter?

2. 2. Would you like to see more of these types of giveaways?

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

WHAT A DAY! England on fire. Commiserations to both Tunisia and Panama as they fail to make the cut. 24 out of 32 nations remaining.

FfNxrRM.png

England and Belgium are doing great, I'm really excited to see their match next week.  After seeing their performance so far, Belgium is on my short list for the finals, but I want to see how they fare against another potential contender like England before punching their ticket.  I've pretty much lost hope in Argentina, they're even more disorganized than I imagined and they might not even get out of their weak group :/

Columbia - Poland 2:0

And we can go home, ku*wa mać.

Apologies for being an asshole, but...

Esh... Again, instead of having 3 points and aiming for 1st/2nd place in group, we are playing a match "to be or not to be".

Too bad that Germany won - they could give us a ride to west while going back home :D.

• Like 1

Plenty of shocking decisions today as I wonder whether some of these refs need to be sent back to training camp. Portugal have gone through by the skin of their teeth thanks to a bad miss from Iran at the 95th minute which would have clinched it for them, but instead sees them left behind.

fBN6ijR.png

RzzoR7z.png

2Y5qGOm.png

GecxvW4.png

Tomorrow looks to be very exciting with no one quite sure what to expect. More disappointment from the world's (allegedly) best player?

Tuesday 26 June fixtures:

Australia (B9) vs Peru (B9) 15:00 BST

Participants involved:

Denmark (B9) vs France (B5) 15:00 BST

Participants involved:

Nigeria (B9) vs Argentina (B1) 19:00 BST

Participants involved:

Iceland (B9) vs Croatia (B9) 19:00 BST

Participants involved:

As always, feel free to predict the scores for your respective team(s) for a chance at additional entries (under the same vote). Option A entrants can predict all matches.

Good luck!

Edited by Zolkovo

Well, Argentina has to win to have a chance at advancing, so it doesn't matter if I'm right and they don't win, lol.  So I'll go with a very subtle final score prediction.

Argentina 1 - 0 Nigeria

On another note, I was so bummed Spain scored at the last second to tie the game.  It would have been nice to see them lose.  I can't recall off-hand if they would have had the tie-breaker with Iran, but even being a second seed would have been nice, cause they likely would have been beat by Uruguay.  Ronaldo could have made that point moot, but it seems missing penalty kicks is the thing to do this year for anyone with the title of 'world's best player'.  So now I'm guessing Spain will beat Russia, which is fine, but I'm still hopeful for early exits from both them and Brazil.  Portugal might be screwed, which is also fine.

Peru bow out of the tournament with a well deserved win whilst the French and Danes put on an incredibly lacklustre show today resulting in the first goalless game of the entire tournament. Australia, Iceland and Nigeria also head home.

wMhCUgq.png

lBi2Zwi.png

BS63v4i.png

HfYoAl7.png

Will Germany and Brazil be able to save face tomorrow? Anything is possible in this World Cup.

Wednesday 27 June fixtures:

South Korea (B9) vs Germany (B6) 15:00 BST

Participants involved:

Mexico (B9) vs Sweden (B9) 15:00 BST

Participants involved:

Switzerland (B9) vs Costa Rica (B9) 19:00 BST

Participants involved:

Serbia (B9) vs Brazil (B3) 19:00 BST

Participants involved:

As always, feel free to predict the scores for your respective team(s) for a chance at additional entries (under the same vote). Option A entrants can predict all matches.

Edited by Zolkovo