World Cup Giveaway [Winners Announced]

Zolkovo

World Cup Giveaway  

301 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to enter?

2. 2. Would you like to see more of these types of giveaways?

17 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Or are you randomly picking three names and then seeing what they chose to determine what prize they might get?

This. The draw will happen after the final and everyone has an equal chance of being picked. The only difference is what you can win based on your choice.

Just to explain it a bit further the "play it safe" option essentially guarantees you a small prize if you get selected. "Taking a risk" has a 22% chance (on paper) of netting you something much juicier if your name gets picked.

Edited by Zolkovo

5 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

This. The draw will happen after the final, so the prizes can be calculated accordingly and to keep everyone supporting their choices. Everyone has an equal chance of being picked, the only difference is what they can win. If you can think of a better way of wording this in the OP, please let me know.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Are the lifetime prize and 1 year prize in the right spot? Seems like they would be switched since the monetary value of 1 year is closer to the $10 prize and and the life time is closer to the $20 prize.

2 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Are the lifetime prize and 1 year prize in the right spot? Seems like they would be switched since the monetary value of 1 year is closer to the $10 prize and and the life time is closer to the $20 prize.

Yeah they are all in the correct spots. I use the GBP denomination so lifetime is around 10 GBP. 1 year is like 4 GBP, and the 20 GBP is for charity if you look closely since it's more of a consolation prize.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMDrtfWqtLP2BAftWnK88

Although I'm sure my country will compete in this year's World Cup, I'm going to go with the nation most likely to win it by far (in my opinion) due to performance and playstyle: Germany ??

Unless a disaster happens, I'm 100% sure Germany will make it to the final match. It will depend on them to win the Cup two times in a row, otherwise we may witness the crowning of the 9th nation as I hope the second finalist will be a country which will reach the final match for the first time.

It would have been cool if we were to guess the results and/or scores of the matches for points, and the person with more points at the end of the World Cup wins the 1st prize.

Edited by Deceptrox

Wow sick video.. better than a lot of the official world cup promos ive seen..

Thanks for this.. ill go with France

s-l300.jpg

Also seems like a lot of people didnt bother to read through the op or watch the vid so better chance for the rest of us who posted our flags xD

Edited by DrMontez

18 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I know nothing about soccer so I'll go with option A.

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

I was going to comment on how I had no idea how to add images, but I guess just pasting the image URL works fine 1f600.png

Does America not have a soccer team?

The U.S. football team failed to qualify after losing to Trinidad and Tobago in the last round of matches. They ended 5th where the first 3 countries (Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama) qualified for the World Cup, while the 4th country (Honduras) had to face Australia in a 2-leg play off for a place in Russia 2018.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

Just now, Deceptrox said:

The U.S. football team failed to qualify after losing to Trinidad and Tobago in the last round of matches. They ended 5th where the 3 first countries (Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama) automatically qualified to the World Cup, while the 4th country (Honduras) had to face Australia in a 2-leg play off for a place in Russia 2018.

Ohhh, so this isn't all the teams competing, there were pre-qualifying matches before. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Ohhh, so this isn't all the teams competing, there were pre-qualifying matches before. Thank you so much!

Yup, next year the qualifying matches for Quatar 2022 will begin, and they will end in year 2021.

Teams compete by regions:

Concacaf: all countries in North and Central America

Conmebol: all South American countries

Uefa: all European countries 

Afc: all Asian countries

Caf: all African countries

Ofc: all countries from Oceania except Australia which plays the Asian qualifiers

Edited by Deceptrox

46 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

[...] It would have been cool if we were to guess the results and/or scores of the matches for points, and the person with more points at the end of the World Cup wins the 1st prize.

That's a pretty cool idea but would require far too much house keeping on my end considering I expect around 300+ entries. Besides the current set-up allows anyone to enter even if they have zero interest or knowledge of football/sports.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

I think this will be Argentina's year, so I'm voting for them, but I also think France and Germany have a pretty good shot.  Anyone but Brazil is fine though, lol (maybe they'll face Germany again, heh). 

I might be way off, but I think (and hope) Argentina will figure out their defensive issues and have definitely not the easiest time in pool play, but hopefully the smoothest, moving on to the next round top of their grouping.  Or maybe I just really want it for Messi, so I'm biased.  Either way, I'll be hoping they pull this off.  Was surprised to see Italy and Netherlands missing, but that's Europe, too many really good national teams all fighting for the same few spots.  Can't help but laugh at my own country for not even qualifying in easily the least competitive grouping imaginable.  Good luck to those who qualified in their place.  If we don't go to nuclear war with North Korea or Syria, then maybe someday our country will find 11 young men in a country of nearly 350 million people who can actually compete on an international level in this sport.

american-flag-see-through.png

(Stealing Jaco's flag gif)

• Like 2