How is this different from Riptide GP 2?

So I've been checking these games out and willing to enter into this saga. I see there are two trophy lists here, Riptide GP2 and Riptide GP Renegade. Now my question is: How are they different? Is Renegade a sequel of GP 2 with all different tracks and mechanics? Is it a remake/remaster of it with some new content and improved gameplay?

I never buy a same game twice so I just want to know if I should start with GP 2 and then Renegade or just go straight with Renegade.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

3 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

So I've been checking these games out and willing to enter into this saga. I see there are two trophy lists here, Riptide GP2 and Riptide GP Renegade. Now my question is: How are they different? Is Renegade a sequel of GP 2 with all different tracks and mechanics? Is it a remake/remaster of it with some new content and improved gameplay?

I never buy a same game twice so I just want to know if I should start with GP 2 and then Renegade or just go straight with Renegade.

They are both different games - GP2 is very simplistic with no story or anything. Just arcade racing and if you liked Wave Race on the N64 (aging me a bit lol), then it's a good impression of it.

Renegade actually has a story (not played too much of it but it's not ground breaking lol) and is a bit better graphically due to it being newer than GP2. Gameplay for both are essentially the same.

Both are fun, and if you can get both for cheap (like I did when they were in sales), then they are both worth it for a bit of casual racing fun!

• Like 2