How many playthroughs for plat?

maniek515

So I'm thinking about finally getting plat in Darksiders 2 and I wonder what approach you suggest. I started the game few months ago when it came to ps+, I'm only few hours into the game (level 9 I think). It is on normal difficulty and as I'm aware level 30 cannot be achieved in single playthrough so I decided to finish this one while aiming for most of the trophies and then go for ng+ on Deathinitive for difficulty trophies and level 30 one. 

Is that the right way to go? 

I'd say first fast playthrough on death initiiert and the second playthrough on easy with all optional bosses and arena fights. 

But if you don't want to do it from scratch again I'd suggest play it thoroughly now with all optional bosses and arena and the second then a fast one on deathinitive

• Like 1

I went for 2 playthroughs. My first playthrough was on Normal, getting all collectibles and all miscellaneous trophies out of the way. Before I started my Apocalyptic playthrough (I’ve platted the PS3 version and will stack the PS4 version) I crafted the best weapons I could that included stealing health on hit as an effect so that playthrough would be quick and easy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'd go for Deathinitive the first time so you don't have to play the whole game again. The most I had to retry any one fight was three or four times and I don't consider myself to be overly good at this kind of game.

Edited by Killbomb

• 2 months later...

I started on Deathinitive and found it so boring I gave up and lowered it on the way to the second dungeon. I'm coming straight off of Darksiders 1 and probably capable of doing it, but it's just. So. Boring. Takes so long to chop down even weak enemies. I'd rather do 2 full playthroughs where you can move along at a fast pace.

On 5.10.2018 at 8:23 AM, rdhight said:

I started on Deathinitive and found it so boring I gave up and lowered it on the way to the second dungeon. I'm coming straight off of Darksiders 1 and probably capable of doing it, but it's just. So. Boring. Takes so long to chop down even weak enemies. I'd rather do 2 full playthroughs where you can move along at a fast pace.

Fully agreed. Game is terribly boring. After all I did it as I planned. Finished 1st playthrough (it wasn't even on normal as I switched to easy half the way to speed things up) and after few months I nailed deathinitive, deleted the game and erased all memories of playing it. 

Shame on me but I abused that shop glitch to get best possible weapons on my 2nd playthrough and blast through it asap. 

• 4 months later...

I played the first on easy to got all collectables and other trophies out of the way.  There is no sense playing on normal as you will be a good enough at the game to beat it on your 2nd Deathinitve playthrough.  Just make sure you get all missable trophies out of the way.  Make a back up save before the last fight on first playthrough as well just in case.

The more you play this game the more you will dislike it.  Most games its the other way around.

Edited by Paradigmatica