Still no one with platinum?

Stormwarrior90

It sucks, huh? The trophy descriptions suggested it might be OK.

To the OP, it would seem that controlling monsters with a melody (whatever that is) is the difficulty here, although it also looks like no one that plays the game bothers finishing it. I would guess that the "alive/dead" trophies are just ending trophies, and even they are UR.

• 2 months later...

Well... After reading this topic a while ago, I bought the game used and tried my best: I only miss "The Saint", and after like 6-7 playthroughs I'm starting to think this trophy's either glitched or relying on a rather specific (not to say odd) idea of what an "evil deed" might be. Wondering whether that might be linked to the specific trophy log file... Like it would remember past evil deeds despite restarting a playthrough or returning to a previous save? Might try once more after deleting and reinstalling everything, but I'd rather play games I enjoy for a while. Not that this one was totally horrendous, by the way, it has some qualities (granted, not many :))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for kind of necroposting, but I'd rather see that as a PSA/update.

The trophy isn't glitched, just a little bit wonky. Some of the actual moral choices wouldn't feel like the deeds of a "saint" (whatever that means), ergo the rarity.

What I missed in my previous runs were the facts that:

Spoiler

you have to manipulate Naurim and once in the throne room, you have to build statues of yourself.

Thanks a lot to must-not-named, who was the first here to plat the game a few days ago, and to Lord-Rapter, who had been trying for canonisation for the past two months and with whom I've been trading tips during that time.

They discuss the process in this thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/314830/discussions/0/1661194916733849006/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

The trophy isn't glitched, just a little bit wonky. Some of the actual moral choices wouldn't feel like the deeds of a "saint" (whatever that means), ergo the rarity.

Reveal hidden contents

you have to manipulate Naurim and once in the throne room, you have to build statues of yourself.

Thanks a lot to must-not-named, who was the first here to plat the game a few days ago, and to Lord-Rapter, who had been trying for canonisation for the past two months and with whom I've been trading tips during that time.

They discuss the process in this thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/314830/discussions/0/1661194916733849006/

Thanks for the news, how is the game? There's a selector for the Difficulty? 

27 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Thanks for the news, how is the game? There's a selector for the Difficulty? 

You can play on easy, if you want, but the game isn't that difficult on normal and up.

I'd recommend easy for the "Saint" run, though, if only because we're yet to figure every requirement and so still suggest skipping some missions that might lead to bad choices, meaning less xp and less loot than with a full exploration. But on your evil and/or loot every chest run, you'll be so OP midgame that you might as well at least treat yourself to some small challenge.

As far as the game is concerned, it's kind of a medfan xcom-like with an attempt at a story. Story itself isn't bad and characters relationships are ok, but certainly don't expect a Baldur's Gate or Divinity Original Sin! Graphics are sub par and there are some glitches that, if they occur, will have you reload the battle (like crucial enemy NPCs getting blown off map or paralysed and therefore rendered unkillable). If you can get your hands on one dirt cheap and are into niche games, why not, its got some qualities, but otherwise, I think there are enough good games in the PS4 catalogue to skip this one.

I, for one, picked it up because I knew Das Schwartze Auge pen and paper game from my youth and got curious because of this very thread we're posting in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

You can play on easy, if you want, but the game isn't that difficult on normal and up.

I'd recommend easy for the "Saint" run, though, if only because we're yet to figure every requirement and so still suggest skipping some missions that might lead to bad choices, meaning less xp and less loot than with a full exploration. But on your evil and/or loot every chest run, you'll be so OP midgame that you might as well at least treat yourself to some small challenge.

As far as the game is concerned, it's kind of a medfan xcom-like with an attempt at a story. Story itself isn't bad and characters relationships are ok, but certainly don't expect a Baldur's Gate or Divinity Original Sin! Graphics are sub par and there are some glitches that, if they occur, will have you reload the battle (like crucial enemy NPCs getting blown off map or paralysed and therefore rendered unkillable). If you can get your hands on one dirt cheap and are into niche games, why not, its got some qualities, but otherwise, I think there are enough good games in the PS4 catalogue to skip this one.

I, for one, picked it up because I knew Das Schwartze Auge pen and paper game from my youth and got curious because of this very thread we're posting in.

Thanks!!! 

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, KennethMcCormick said:

Reveal hidden contents

How long did it take you to platinum this game?

12 hours ago, cferguson9595 said:

How long did it take you to platinum this game?

Tough to say, really.

With all the trial and error and starting from scratch, I think it easily took me 80 to a 100 hours, perhaps even more, half of it trying to get one measly trophy (The Saint). A campaign is like 10-12 hours long, maybe a little bit longer if you take interest in the lore and try to go for all side missions, chests, etc. Last playthroughs were faster because I rushed it and knew what to expect.

I must have played the game 7 or 8 times, 9, maybe, before finding the right combination, thanks to the information we traded with other players. But that's way too much, and with the info you can find now here or on Steam, it's a 2 playthroughs plat, so around 30, per-maybe-haps 40 hours, I'd say, depending on your skills in turn based RPGs.

Edited by KennethMcCormick
sp; damn phone keyboard

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.2.2020 at 1:16 AM, KennethMcCormick said:

Tough to say, really.

With all the trial and error and starting from scratch, I think it easily took me 80 to a 100 hours, perhaps even more, half of it trying to get one measly trophy (The Saint). A campaign is like 10-12 hours long, maybe a little bit longer if you take interest in the lore and try to go for all side missions, chests, etc. Last playthroughs were faster because I rushed it and knew what to expect.

I must have played the game 7 or 8 times, 9, maybe, before finding the right combination, thanks to the information we traded with other players. But that's way too much, and with the info you can find now here or on Steam, it's a 2 playthroughs plat, so around 30, per-maybe-haps 40 hours, I'd say, depending on your skills in turn based RPGs.

Those info you mentioned, where exactly can I find it? Sorry to ask, I googled quite a bit now but couldn't find anything close to a guide. I'm just starting the game. I'll probably do the first walkthrough blind for fun, but after that I'd like to keep the playthroughs to a minimum I have to admit :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hr_kriese said:

Those info you mentioned, where exactly can I find it? Sorry to ask, I googled quite a bit now but couldn't find anything close to a guide. I'm just starting the game. I'll probably do the first walkthrough blind for fun, but after that I'd like to keep the playthroughs to a minimum I have to admit :-)

Hi! Just two posts above you can find a link to a Steam discussion for the Saint and Monster trophies, only the first is difficult. This is Mengbilla might be a little problematic too.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I don't know how to answer, it mainly depends on which finishing touch you'd rather have; meaning, would you rather leave the game on a good or evil vibe.

This put aside, if you're really worried about the platinum, I'd say go for The Saint first. If you miss it, you know what you have to work on, The Monster being easier to get.

Edited by KennethMcCormick
Arhhg, I hate this tablet and its auto completion bs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Honestly, I don't know how to answer, it mainly depends on which finishing touch you'd rather have; meaning, would you rather leave the game on a good or evil vibe.

This put aside, if you're really worried about the platinum, I'd say go for The Saint first. If you miss it, you know what you have to work on, The Monster being easier to get.

I quite like it, I love this kind of rpg. 

Don't want to bother you too much but can I add you on psn? For possible question? 

• Like 1

I just finished the story and I have some things to say to help answer your questions. (Probably)

There are no difficulty trophies, it can all be done on easy. 

The missions are fairly easy tbh apart from the second creator mission. 

Controlling 20 creatures was the hardest trophy but some how I got it. Either due to a bug or luck. 

The two trophies to make all bad/good decisions are definitely pretty hard. I didn't get either, but I'm aiming to get the good one on my second playthrough. 

It's probably just a matter of choosing the right dialogue options and choices, so it's easier than the 20 creature trophy. 

And yes, the trophies for each of the companions pop at the end depending on what you have done to them and how you treated them during the game. 

Edited by blueice48
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, blueice48 said:

I just finished the story and I have some things to say to help answer your questions. (Probably)

There are no difficulty trophies, it can all be done on easy. 

The missions are fairly easy tbh apart from the second creator mission. 

Controlling 20 creatures was the hardest trophy but some how I got it. Either due to a bug or luck. 

The two trophies to make all bad/good decisions are definitely pretty hard. I didn't get either, but I'm aiming to get the good one on my second playthrough. 

It's probably just a matter of choosing the right dialogue options and choices, so it's easier than the 20 creature trophy. 

And yes, the trophies for each of the companions pop at the end depending on what you have done to them and how you treated them during the game. 

Can you confirm that to get the trophy for the creatures they must survive the battle? Because I ended a battle with two trees and one sand creature but they died and no trophies 

They definitely do not have to survive for the 20 creature trophy.

many of mine died before the missions ended.

For the controlling each creature separately trophies, I think they do have to stay alive.

As I had controlled a leaper that died, and the trophy didn't pop until I captured it on another mission and it survived. 

Edited by blueice48
  • Like 1