Greetings from Venezuela!

Honor_Hand

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

46 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Hello there fellow citizen 1f603.png hope you enjoy your time in this site and all the features it offers 1f609.png

O vaya... wasn't expecting to find any other Venezuelan in this forum. Hello brother, nice to meet you. Hope we can play together sometime.

Your name seems kind of familiar... Weren't you part of PlayStation Venezuela sometime ago? Solo por curiosidad. ;)

28 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Welcome to the site!  Also a die-hard PS fan!  Still love the ole PS3, but the PS4 is really great.  Are you thinking of saving for a PS4 Pro?

Hey there, I was originally considering a PS4 Pro but I am not too sure as it might be way over my budget. Right now I have my mind set on either a pre-owned Original model or a pre-owned Pro model. Not looking for the Slim as I really need to optical audio port for my current sound setup.

Mi Espanol es feo. I know just enough Spanish to where I could describe a few things, tell you what I like, and figure out where the bathroom is.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the site. I'd recommend getting a slim bundled with a game to save money. I still think I got a steal for a PS4 plus Uncharted 4 for $250. I'm sure it's probably more expensive in your country (I've read a few stories about how expensive gaming can be outside the USA) but the concept is the same.

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

O vaya... wasn't expecting to find any other Venezuelan in this forum. Hello brother, nice to meet you. Hope we can play together sometime.

Your name seems kind of familiar... Weren't you part of PlayStation Venezuela sometime ago? Solo por curiosidad. ;)

This nickname was made it by my own, ever since the Rakion Latin days in 2008 I believe, also yes I'm part of some facebook groups and I use my nickname along with my real name, is my nickname (username) in every site, sometimes I add more "_" but there are all the same, UchihaSnake, Uchiha_Snake, Uchiha_Snake__

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

Welcome!

@Honor_Hand Mi espanol es malo, pero no conozco a muchas otras personas en Latinoamerica que hablen ingles muy bien. ?Te gusta el futbol? ;)

Gracias por la bienvenida. Tu español suena bastante bien. :)

Not a fan of Football or any other sport to be honest. I'm more like your resident nerdy-kind-of-guy lol

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Mi Espanol es feo. I know just enough Spanish to where I could describe a few things, tell you what I like, and figure out where the bathroom is.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the site. I'd recommend getting a slim bundled with a game to save money. I still think I got a steal for a PS4 plus Uncharted 4 for $250. I'm sure it's probably more expensive in your country (I've read a few stories about how expensive gaming can be outside the USA) but the concept is the same.

Thanks for the tip. It does sound like a good deal. Sadly, in my country, any new console is ridiculously overpriced, like you wouldn't believe the actual numbers. Plus, with the inflation rate we have now, it is really hard to describe what kind of pricing I could end up paying for one. Importing one is a cheaper route but then I end up spending extra money on shipping, taxes, and customs. Right now, I'm looking for a good deal on a local pre-owned model that is in very good and complete condition.

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

This nickname was made it by my own, ever since the Rakion Latin days in 2008 I believe, also yes I'm part of some facebook groups and I use my nickname along with my real name, is my nickname (username) in every site, sometimes I add more "_" but there are all the same, UchihaSnake, Uchiha_Snake, Uchiha_Snake__

Yeah, I thought it was familiar. Not sure about Facebook, but we had a blog/forum site some years ago called PlayStation Venezuela, you know, for all the local gamers. Sadly, the site got disbanded and everyone went their own way. I believe some of the guys ended up creating a Facebook group but since I'm not an actual Facebook user I was wondering if someone might have ended up here instead. :P

Anyway, nice to meet you or good to see you again in case we have seen each other before lol

26 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Honor_Hand Yeah I think I remember reading about Brazil in particular having to pay the equivalent of $1800, so I could believe almost anything. Best of luck though!

Explaining how the economy works in my country is truly one of the most complicated things you can imagine. Will try to keep it short.

Right now, at the very moment of this post, a new PS4 Slim with a 500 Gb HDD and 1 bundled game will cost you anywhere from $320 to $2,972 depending on the exchange rate you use. A new PS4 Pro with a 1 Tb HDD and 1 bundled game could cost you anywhere from $600 to $5,675... again, greatly depending on the exchange rate you use.

Considering we have a yearly inflation rate somewhere between 2,616-13,000% (those are thousands, yes) and a monthly rate of 85-120%, prices have probably already raised by the time I end up posting this reply.

Biggest problem is not how quickly it raises nor how much it goes up, as the exchange rates are usually adjusted, but how ridiculously low the local income is to most people as to buy anything.

Would be great if another Venezuelan could back me up on those numbers. ;)

In my case, I'm looking to spend anywhere between $250-300 USD on a good pre-owned combo.

• Like 1

@Honor_Hand Hey welcome to the site. Also even though i'm half Venezuelan, it still counts lol. But Because i've been living in Canada since 2000, my parents neglected to keep talking to me in spanish, so I can carry a small basic conversation, but nothing too complex. I can't even remember most of the words that I want to say in spanish lol.

@GarciaFever Awesome, thanks for the welcome.

Hey, being half-Venezuelan also counts. Hopefully, we can play together sometime in the future. I just need to get with the current times and buy a PS4, but you know, it's not easy on this side of the world.

Cualquier cosa, estoy disponible para lecciones de español. Nunca es tarde para aprender lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

All I got from that sentence is "it's never too late to learn".

There you go lol You got that part a 100% right.

I was jokingly offering you Spanish lessons. ?

Would you recommend any PS4 game in particular for when I happen to get a console? I was thinking about Doom, Uncharted IV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, BlazBlue Central Fiction and Gran Turismo Sport (maybe...because I haven't read too many good things about it).

@Honor_Hand I would recommend The Witcher 3 GOTY edition.  You can probably pick it up pretty cheap, but definitely a game to have in your collection.

I passed on GT Sport because of the dismal tracks that were offered and the lack of car selection.  But they are issuing patches and updates so it probably wouldn't be too bad now, plus cheap.

Edited by PermaFox

@PermaFox Totally forgot about that one. Been hearing a lot from that game since it came out and it definitely looks outstanding.

About GT Sport, yep. Been hearing that as well. Loved GT5 and GT6 on PS3, probably two of my favorite games on that console (still missing platinum on GT5 arrrggghhh!) but GT Sport definitely looks lacking. Plus, I have also heard that the is game almost always online or something like that. Not too sure on that one. Will pick it up at the right price.

Thanks for the recommendations! ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@Honor_Hand Hey welcome to the site. Also even though i'm half Venezuelan, it still counts lol. But Because i've been living in Canada since 2000, my parents neglected to keep talking to me in spanish, so I can carry a small basic conversation, but nothing too complex. I can't even remember most of the words that I want to say in spanish lol.

Really? My sister and her family move on to Canada 8 years ago, since that she gave birth to one more boy (she already had one 3 years old boy), while they are home both my sister and her husband only answer or speak to my nephews if they speak spanish, while in the school they speak english/french, but they make sure they learn the spanish too ? 

@Uchiha_Snake__ yup. Back then I was around 8 years old, starting in grade 4. I assumed that they wanted me to learn to speak English, and so they did. Eventually, I just grew out of speaking spanish normally, and now I feel as though it is nice to learn again, but I don't have any use for it other than to tell the Mexicans that come into Walmart if they want to buy any bags for their groceries lol.

@Honor_Hand for PS4 games here are the ones I would recommend: Burnout Paradise Remastered, Mercenary Kings, Strider, Zero Escape collection (Vita games that got the PS4 treatment), Okami HD, Dragon's Crown (although it's more enjoyable on the vita), Until Dawn, Transistor, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and South Park: Fractured But Whole.