How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

Hmmm odd. I own many Japanese vita games (physically) and a few ps4 games in Japanese (ffxv, psycho break 1&2 aka evil within,  and a few others). I get duplicates of the games I love due to platinums stopping me from ever playing the same game again. I'd be overly pissed to be flagged for games I've purchased.

5 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Hmmm odd. I own many Japanese vita games (physically) and a few ps4 games in Japanese (ffxv, psycho break 1&2 aka evil within,  and a few others). I get duplicates of the games I love due to platinums stopping me from ever playing the same game again. I'd be overly pissed to be flagged for games I've purchased.

Physical is one thing, another would be digital games, when you can only have one account on the Vita.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

so then it is official sony material...makes it even better since it seemed to be something people against this were having issues with...

I guess so, the first part of this exploit is to force login a second psn id using Vita's own facility, and the second part seems to be triggering a bug in trophy sync system so that after you force log back into your first psn id, it actually synchronizes trophy for your second id rather than the first as logic implied. I think the first part can be easily patched if Sony really hates player crossing regions.

Edited by Nathaniel_Wu

3 hours ago, Ric said:

This sounds awefully fishy to me, especially the part about opening some link/application from an e-mail on the vita to supposedly make this work.

Just a warning to everyone to be very carefull with external links and software that ask you to install or run anything on your devices or ask your login details.

I haven't looked to far into this, but as far as I'm aware the only way to get trophy data from one account to another is to either alter something on the vita's OS (CFM/Hacking) or on Sony's servers, either way I'd think twice before using this.

Are you just not aware what an .ics file is? Change the attachment to a .txt and read the contents. There is already an explanation of what the calendar invite contains further up this thread.

This is harmless. 

17 minutes ago, Nathaniel_Wu said:

I guess so, the first part of this exploit is to force login a second psn id, and the second part seems to be triggering a bug in trophy sync system so that after you force log back into your first psn id, it actually synchronizes trophy for your second id rather than the first as logic implied. I think the first part can be easily patched if Sony really hates player crossing regions.

Things that are not flaggable:

In-game glitches/exploits - These are considered mistakes not found or fixed by the developer by the time of the release of the game and due to them being able to be found by accident by anyone, it's not considered cheating.

ok, so it's not exactly the same thing here but this is the closest similarity to any of the rules in "what constitutes a flag"...if you can find and pull off the bdb2 sniper glitch by accident then finding and doing this vita exploit by accident should be a walk in the park...haha...

it's really just another exploit but this one doesn't help earn trophies any quicker...it just allows you to display them on one account instead of several...and rather than be a game exploit, it's a console one...why this would ever be flagged is beyond me...let the sony police fix this if they even care is what I think...nothing to do with implausible timestamps on the leaderboards here from what I'm seeing... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

Looks like we're gonna have to start flagging people for mentioning that they got a code to a PSN game sent to them through email. Stop using PCGameSupply and ElectronicFirst and any other PSN card selling website, they send you an email with the code to use it on PSN, I guess that means you'll be flaggable if you buy another region's PSN card and it has to be emailed to you. If this is going to be flagged, anything that requires email verification should also be flagged on PSN, the console itself has an email app, what if you got a PSN code sent to you by Sony and the only way you could access the email was by using your console browser and copying the code into the PSN store? I guess that's going to start being flagged if people admit it now. 

I probably won't use this as I don't like the vita much, but I don't see why other people shouldn't be allowed to use it. It uses the email app on your vita, which is something within the boundaries of the console. I guess we'll also have to flag people if they email themselves anything that aids with trophies if they open the email on their console's browser. 

1 hour ago, Nathaniel_Wu said:

I think the first part can be easily patched if Sony really hates player crossing regions.

It might be. A lot of the exploits and stuff on the vita have originated from the Email app being strangely set up and really easily exploitable. I'm really not sure how much Sony cares about it at this point, as originally when Henkaku and some of the other stuff was released they were on with fixes within days, but at this point they've let some of the stuff sit for quite a while. They could theoretically just decide to remove the email app to stop this, though there's other things now that don't use the email app anymore that wouldn't be as easily fixed. 

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

let's have a look at this for a sec and analyze the situation with regards to this vita exploit...

Things that are flaggable:

Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies

not applicable...not downloading any save files...

Using CFW (Custom Firmware) to unlock trophies - Similar to using save files to auto-unlock trophies, using files and custom firmware on any console to unlock trophies instead of playing within the game environment is flaggable. This is 100% done on purpose, it can't be done on accident by regular players, and you will get flagged if your timestamps are detected.

this seems to be the rule everyone against this is bringing up...first off, there is no custom firmware with the  method in the op...you're not auto-unlocking anything and are still playing within the game environment...timestamps should go undetected since players still need to meet their original individual requirements...

Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies

not applicable...no relevance...nothing to do with a hacked lobby or auto-unlocking trophies...

Cross-save games without an original list

not applicable...we're not discussing cross-saving to auto-unlock anything...

Impossible timestamps

not applicable...the time stamps would technically be 100% legit if earned within the original game environment and as per their requirements...

as is, I don't see why this would qualify as something that is flaggable...we'll have to assume that everything outside of the above specifications is kosher unless new rules are created or old ones are modified... 

so then it is official sony material...makes it even better since it seemed to be something people against this were having issues with...

side note : if this method is considered cfw, then this is some of the lamest cfw out there as far as I'm concerned...i mean, you need to create multiple psn accounts, buy psn digital download cards or worse yet order physical ones from other regions to buy the games (not sure if PayPal would work across regions), then play them normally...haha...

PayPal works as long as it's not linked to another PSN account. 

About the method would you lose your bookmarks in the internet app? 

1 hour ago, Gage said:

It might be. A lot of the exploits and stuff on the vita have originated from the Email app being strangely set up and really easily exploitable. I'm really not sure how much Sony cares about it at this point, as originally when Henkaku and some of the other stuff was released they were on with fixes within days, but at this point they've let some of the stuff sit for quite a while. They could theoretically just decide to remove the email app to stop this, though there's other things now that don't use the email app anymore that wouldn't be as easily fixed. 

System update 3.68 is up, and the last bit of step 6 seems to have been patched