midgetstrawdog

How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

319 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Just got my 36 fragments plat using this. When we were doing tests we were earning all of the trophies including the plat and then account swapping. That may have been cause of timestamps being messed with. With this being as new as it is I would still be wary

How were your timestamps messed up? Just given different times or something?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skroq said:

using third party app

 

Please, refrain from spreading misinformation if you don’t understand how it works. Vita email app is first party software by Sony itself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So I spoke with US costumer support yesterday over chat and they said it's illegal. If you want you can report people over US PSN with those games.


If anyone else wants to confirm:

https://scea.secure.force.com/PreChatEnglishForm/?endpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fscea.secure.force.com%2FLiveChat%2Fapex%2FLiveAgentChat%3Flanguage%3D%23deployment_id%3D572i00000002cba%26org_id%3D00Di0000000H5ef%26button_id%3D573i00000002ftp%26session_id%3D3b36bc95-b8f8-48bb-94b0-794663eb0980

Edited by skroq
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make a screenshot of the conversation, since we can't access your chat session even via direct link.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, skroq said:

They say that cause you technically aren't meant to have alt accounts. But nearly every trophy hunter has at least one!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strange that customer support would say it's illegal. They must not understand what's happening and think you're pirating these games.

Unless it's an issue with having alt accounts for other regions.

 

Misunderstanding or not though, it's not worth it if there's a chance some customer support guy will ban you for it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Retracted

Edited by Nitro
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's strange that customer support would say it's illegal. They must not understand what's happening and think you're pirating these games.

Unless it's an issue with having alt accounts for other regions.

 

Misunderstanding or not though, it's not worth it if there's a chance some customer support guy will ban you for it.

 

Yeah, this is my thoughts exactly. One guy will tell you it's OK, another say - hell no and you end up banned. I can bet some money that sooner or later we will see a thread here on PSNP with someone complaining about getting banned over this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, skroq said:

 

Yeah, this is my thoughts exactly. One guy will tell you it's OK, another say - hell no and you end up banned. I can bet some money that sooner or later we will see a thread here on PSNP with someone complaining about getting banned over this.

haha...if they're banning people for using the word a$$hat then they could ban for just about anything...i think someone would need to be reported to earn a ban though and I'm not sure how seriously they'd look into a claim that earns them money indirectly and has no effect on other players really... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, skroq said:

Could we have an image or something, I can't access that.

 

Also, pretty sure if I went into customer support and asked if I could commit identity theft to get a Korean game they would tell me it was illegal 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, seems he changed his tone a little now I just spoke to the same guy. It's stil shaky:

Josh: Hi, you're speaking to Josh. I'm just reading your question, won't be long!
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: Hello Josh
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: We spoke yesterday
Agent_icon.png Josh: Hey Michal, I remember speaking to you yesterday.
Agent_icon.png Josh: When it comes to games they are not directly regionally locked, what is regionally locked is the DLC or in game consumable content.
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: Yes Sir. So I am writing on behalf of about one million people on the biggest leaderboard called PSNP
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: :)
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: THey sent me to ask you.. if this will be banned by Sony or not
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: chat_hyperlink.png https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/59929-how-to-get-other-region-vita-games-trophies-without-cfw/
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: Yesterday you told me it's illegal
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: Can you perhaps consult with someone and give us a solid yes or no
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: the case is simple..
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: Using that method that is listed in the thread on the forums.. Can you or can you not.. play region locked Vita games
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: for example me being EU, can I use that email method to play games that are digital and only available in the US
Agent_icon.png Josh: I had not said anything was illegal, what I had said is that any circumvention software designed to break our software can result in a ban however this is only decided by the moderation team so I would not be able to make any direct comment on this as I do not work for them.
Customer_icon.png Michal Skrok: Is there anyway to get in touch with moderation team via email perhaps?
Agent_icon.png Josh: I'm afraid not, anything like this though would be picked up with them through their own investigations.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a perfect world SONY would take notes and give us official multiaccount, sadly this is not a perfect world and SONY will get rid of this exploit quite sure for the next patch 😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PViddy said:

Ok I have spoke to Sony US and long story short here is what they told me. I meant to save the convo to post it here but I closed it out thinking it was going to email me the convo but it didn't. Once I mentioned this I was told that they are very well aware of the situation and are in fact looking into fixing this. They have been getting hundreds of inquiries and complaints about it since Tuesday. Even though the email app is a Sony app the other thing that has to be used is not and is considered an exploit and a direct violation of their ToS. Anyone found using this exploit will potentially be facing a suspension or permanent ban. With that being said I won't be attempting to do this bc I'm not gonna risk my account for some extra plats. Those that want to get greedy and try it go for it but you have been warned. Is all those years of work and games bought on your account worth the risk of losing it over some extra stackable plats?

Based on this I am very glad I haven't taken advantage of this exploit.  I thought from the beginning I thought it sounded a little fishy and not worth the trouble/steps you need to go through just to pop the trophies on your main account.  And it is no surprise that they are working on a fix since I'm sure there have been countless people just from this website that have contacted Sony Support and just drew attention to it and therefore bringing on the fix even faster...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@skroq linking our site it wasn't a smart move. Now, if Sony wants, can simple ban all of us because, as we said before, we have break the TOS multiple times.

 

If you wanted to report this exploit, you could simply copy past the first post or, much better, explain it without mentioning us.

 

Anyway, ok, i will never use this exploit. I've spended over 2000 euro on my account. I don't want to be banned. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, APCGrayLocked said:

@skroq linking our site it wasn't a smart move. Now, if Sony wants, can simple ban all of us because, as we said before, we have break the TOS multiple times.

 

You make it sound like PSNP was some secret that Sony could never have found out about until now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

You make it sound like PSNP was some secret that Sony could never have found out about until now.

 

Yeah you're right, but, do you understand the worry?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PViddy said:

Ok I have spoke to Sony US and long story short here is what they told me. I meant to save the convo to post it here but I closed it out thinking it was going to email me the convo but it didn't. Once I mentioned this I was told that they are very well aware of the situation and are in fact looking into fixing this. They have been getting hundreds of inquiries and complaints about it since Tuesday. Even though the email app is a Sony app the other thing that has to be used is not and is considered an exploit and a direct violation of their ToS. Anyone found using this exploit will potentially be facing a suspension or permanent ban. With that being said I won't be attempting to do this bc I'm not gonna risk my account for some extra plats. Those that want to get greedy and try it go for it but you have been warned. Is all those years of work and games bought on your account worth the risk of losing it over some extra stackable plats?

The point about Sony looking into fixing this already worries me. The one game I had planned to use this for was Nep Nep Chaos Champuru since it's a F2P game that would almost certainly never come out here, but if Sony's actually paying attention now, it's not worth the risk between the possibility of getting banned and the possibility of them patching the exploit before I can complete the game. <_<

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who has worked for a company with a customer service dept knows that those people are the most poorly trained, least informed foot-soldiers of the entire company. These responses anyone is getting from one of them is worthless. Get someone from a decision-making position to address this and get back to the thread.

 

I'll wait...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys. Wasn't better to keep this thing for ourselves and not let anyone working with Sony know about it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see anything wrong with people having multi-accounts on ps vita for games. It's about trophy hunt. Delusional kids these days. Why make a big complain about this?

3 minutes ago, LoStraniero91 said:

Guys. Wasn't better to keep this thing for ourselves and not let anyone working with Sony know about it?

It's a two-way street. But I doubt they did.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And everyone went to Sony because what?

Let me lay it out like this:

1. The mod team approved it, meaning you are able to do it without getting removed off the LB.

2. The Email app has been part of thr PS Vita system's OFW since its launch, this isn't a 3rd party app

3. You still have to buy the games. I could understand if it was like the R4 card for the DS, but it's not, you still pay money to buy the games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nitro said:

And everyone went to Sony because what?

Because your PSN account can be banned not by mod team or anyone else from this leaderboard, but by Sony themselves. And they didn't tell that they won't ban you (neither they told that they will), so do these 2-3 extra platinum worth it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.