How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

14 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Have you run into the System Activation situation? Once I am on my main account. The game requires me activate system. It immediately changes the Trophy Tab to  my Alt Account.

Try downloading something from the store, if you download the game first then swap it gives that error. Just setting something to download and cancelling should fix it

• Like 2

@midgetstrawdog@Hakoom Experts needed! So I did the trick first before playing games. Played a game synced it, everything ok. Started up a new game. Played a bit, got some trophies, synced, everything ok, went to bed. It's a new day. Played some more, synced trophies, but now it's going to my alt account. Do I need to do the trick again to get back to my main account? Does it switch/time out after awhile? Maybe now I need to play and finish the game before switching accounts and syncing? Is it ok if the trophies synced to my alt - will they sync to my main as well?

Tried the trick to see if I could sync the missing trophies. My Vita is showing 23% but my PSN Trophy Tab and on this site still show 10%. Not sure what to do now.

Edited by DrHambone

44 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

@midgetstrawdog@Hakoom Experts needed! So I did the trick first before playing games. Played a game synced it, everything ok. Started up a new game. Played a bit, got some trophies, synced, everything ok, went to bed. It's a new day. Played some more, synced trophies, but now it's going to my alt account. Do I need to do the trick again to get back to my main account? Does it switch/time out after awhile? Maybe now I need to play and finish the game before switching accounts and syncing? Is it ok if the trophies synced to my alt - will they sync to my main as well?

It times out after approximately 24 hours. If trophies synced to your alt then they will never sync to your main. 

If you do the trick again and try to sync to your main, you will be missing the trophies that synced to the alt and will look like broken time stamps. This will cause you to be flagged. 

My advice would be to reset the vita and start fresh unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

It times out after approximately 24 hours. If trophies synced to your alt then they will never sync to your main. 

If you do the trick again and try to sync to your main, you will be missing the trophies that synced to the alt and will look like broken time stamps. This will cause you to be flagged. 

My advice would be to reset the vita and start fresh unfortunately. 

Damn, I had no idea it would time out. So I should do the trick after I finish playing games? Reseting the Vita and starting the game from scratch and re-earning the trophies would work though? Could I back up my game save or best to completely start over?

2 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Tried the trick to see if I could sync the missing trophies. My Vita is showing 23% but my PSN Trophy Tab and on this site still show 10%. Not sure what to do now.

yes like i mentioned in the video

finish everything in 1 session to be safe

dont leave the trick running while you sleep and if you do rubberband the analog  to keep the screen open

my advice to everyone doing this do 1 acc and 1 game at a time after you plat do the next game on the acc.. and if you think your done for the day just format the vita and do the trick tomorow.. it takes 10mins to pull off anyways

for games which ask you to close app just sync once you earn the full 100%

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Damn, I had no idea it would time out. So I should do the trick after I finish playing games? Reseting the Vita and starting the game from scratch and re-earning the trophies would work though? Could I back up my game save or best to completely start over?

You could back up your save, but if it autopops the trophies that you earned on the alt it could lead to bad time stamps and being flagged, unless you know what you are doing to avoid this I would just start again.

I never really earned then swapped, so I can’t really comment on that.

The way I handle the timeout is do the trick when I wake up, this allows me to never really get hit with a timeout and do long games.  

Just a note, my guide only says reset the vita because most people would have their main on their vita. You only need to reset for a new account to GS off or to get rid of trophies that synced to a dummy

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2018 at 9:19 AM, Ric said:

This sounds awefully fishy to me, especially the part about opening some link/application from an e-mail on the vita to supposedly make this work.

Just a warning to everyone to be very carefull with external links and software that ask you to install or run anything on your devices or ask your login details.

I haven't looked to far into this, but as far as I'm aware the only way to get trophy data from one account to another is to either alter something on the vita's OS (CFM/Hacking) or on Sony's servers, either way I'd think twice before using this.

Okay let me try explain how this works.

The link in the email app is "psnreg:" this is the SUPPORT-URI for the "sign up (NPXS10018)" application that's installed on every Vita . We have to run it this way because the browser can only use a small number of SUPPORT-URIs (psns:, mailto: and obviously http: and https:) It's the same thing that settings would do if you had no account setup and you clicked sign up..

I don't ask for your login details it's a Sony app already on the console. If it was possible to load out own code from a simple ical file from the email app then hacking the Vita would be alot easier than it actually is >-> 

Not entirely true the only way to get trophy data from one account to another is with cfw. This is certainly the simplest way to do it tho. Since TRPTRNS.DAT and TRPTITLE.DAT contain your account id with a cfw you can just modify the trophy files or change aid in registry. 

However CFW is not required what this method does is when you sign into another account it's actually updating the AID in registry to that of the account you logged into (this is exactly what happens when you link an account for the first time)

but its NOT logging out of the previous account which has incredibly weird behaviour. . .

Because now when the trophy app checks the AID in trophy files against AID in registry it matches so it sees that this account owns the trophys HOWEVER the account that's logged in is your main account. So they end up synced there instead.

Oh and you cant cheat with it lol Sony in order to speed up syncing process after a trophy is synced they remove it from TRPTRNS essentially meaning it can't be synced again 

Sony could fix this without even updating the firmware if they checked the aid in trophy files against the aid of the account your trying to sync.. but they don't really check anything on server side ..

much more likely is that they'd just push an update to fix the uri calling bug or the one in the signup app with disabling wifi to get back to the login page lol 

As for what causes trophys to be "lost" all I can think is ig you have a trophy synced already it cannot be synced again on any account (since its removed from TRPTRNS.DAT) this is the only way I could possibly see trophys not getting synced. Or if you already have said trophy on your account lol

Edited by EareosMineCraft
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 5:15 AM, midgetstrawdog said:

You could back up your save, but if it autopops the trophies that you earned on the alt it could lead to bad time stamps and being flagged, unless you know what you are doing to avoid this I would just start again.

I never really earned then swapped, so I can’t really comment on that.

The way I handle the timeout is do the trick when I wake up, this allows me to never really get hit with a timeout and do long games.  

Just a note, my guide only says reset the vita because most people would have their main on their vita. You only need to reset for a new account to GS off or to get rid of trophies that synced to a dummy

FYI: Trophys are disabled if save file Is owned by another user. . 

And don't really need a reset at all the only advantage to resetting is that it removes local trophys mm I guess the memory card lock is removed but then again only if you format mc but u could just switch with signup.ics and then format the card for the same effect 

On 4/10/2018 at 0:35 PM, DaivRules said:

Are you just not aware what an .ics file is? Change the attachment to a .txt and read the contents. There is already an explanation of what the calendar invite contains further up this thread.

This is harmless. 

Not all ics files on Vita are harmless. If you had a url with "settings_dlg:reset:: format_mc_for_promote" welp enjoy the formatted memory card lol

On 4/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, DaivRules said:

You're making assumptions you can't possibly back up, so apparently we need to take this to kindergarten level for you to understand. Although your stubbornness doesn't allow you to be open to other views than your own.

There is no "obviously" anything. You haven't interviewed the developers to see what their intentions were. My perception was that Sony developers created a product for one user to start because they had limited resources and intended to add multiple local users in later with a firmware update. Like Sony obviously does with all their consoles, releasing new features long after consoles are released. Obviously my perception is right because I used the word obviously.

Wrong you have multiple users on testkit and devkit firmwares. Only retail and kiosk firmware are missing this.. it's been Available from the start. They just disabled it because there terrible people.

• 2 weeks later...

I used often this method and have never problem of timestamp, for exemple my last think is save the ninja clan NA version, i plat the game OFFLINE cause i can see my trophy list without problem, and after the platinium pop, now i use the method

Edited by Blazhead
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So firmware 3.70 just got released

vs0/app/NPXS10092/eboot.bin.elf Changed 125215 bytes!
vs0:/sys/external/libcdlg_calendar_review.suprx.elf Changed 152033 bytes!
vs0:/app/NPXS10091/eboot.bin.elf Changed 291744 bytes!

Seems sony changed alot of stuff relating to the calendar . . . 

can anyone check if vitatricks is patched :?
(im not updating lol)

OK, I am planning to give it a try but here are a few things I want to confirm.

1. The game I will play is rather long and could take weeks to finish. Plus most of my playing time is on the road, w/o accessing to WiFi. In Hakoom's video guide he specifically mentioned doing things in a one session and such. So there may be some risks.

2. I think there should be some middle ground on sync all trophies at the same time and playing the game in one session and sync the trophy any time. 

3. Can I play the game on Alt., earn some trophies, and sync them to the main account using the trick, then repeat this step in a later time after earning more trophies? I believe I can backup the game to HD and after login in to alt., retrieving it back before dong the email trick. Will the trophy data come along with the game backup?

4. Disable the WiFi on alt account to prevent the trophy being accidentally synced.

Thanks in advance for the help

39 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

OK, I am planning to give it a try but here are a few things I want to confirm.

1. The game I will play is rather long and could take weeks to finish. Plus most of my playing time is on the road, w/o accessing to WiFi. In Hakoom's video guide he specifically mentioned doing things in a one session and such. So there may be some risks.

- There is risks, but if you make sure no trophies sync to the alt you should be ok. If that happens you will have to start the game over. Doing the game in one session avoids the 24 hour time out.

2. I think there should be some middle ground on sync all trophies at the same time and playing the game in one session and sync the trophy any time.

- There are a lot of people that do the plat then sync at the end. This originally was believed to be the cause of broken stamps. I personally believe this only happens when trophies autosync to the alt. You can easily do a few trophies then sync to the main, this is what I have been doing as of late.

3. Can I play the game on Alt., earn some trophies, and sync them to the main account using the trick, then repeat this step in a later time after earning more trophies? I believe I can backup the game to HD and after login in to alt., retrieving it back before dong the email trick. Will the trophy data come along with the game backup?

-I believe this was answered in the last question

4. Disable the WiFi on alt account to prevent the trophy being accidentally synced.

- Yes 

Thanks in advance for the help

Hope that answered your questions :) 

• Like 1

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've done the vita trick many times and just earned two platinums on my US account ready for my main, the problem is with the email app.

I've used it many times before and changed the settings to imap like before (as I still use hotmail) but I keep getting an error message that I cannot send or receive emails.

My error code is C2-14389-5. I've tried the look the code up online and the suggestions are not working. 

EDIT - I made a gmail account and joined the new century and the email worked. 

Edited by AdamWolf86

On 1/16/2019 at 9:32 AM, midgetstrawdog said:

Hope that answered your questions :) 

i wish you could somehow disable automatic trophy syncing (like when you open the trophy app) so you could confirm its your account before trying to sync ...

all i can think is disabling the wifi but that'd sign you out of your main account- thus you'd log into your main when you regain connection..

as for backups you technically dont need it if you just dont reset.

just login to main (fully, logout-login) then login to alt again (while remaining logged into your main)..

thats about all there is to the trick tbh, . .

all it is is that your updating AID(account id) while remaining logged into your main account . . .

backups will work though. . .

tbh u can even do some tricks to install JP demos (or any other region) on your main account .. 

times go out of order when u sync a trophy to the wrong account erh .. so like all of them are on your main, then one goes to your alt's trophy set. if u re-do the trick, (login to main fully (with logout-login), then switch to alt) well you missed that one trophy. .  .  so it could screw up some games if the order is important, (some games it might not matter too much, eg: minecraft) 

• 4 weeks later...

I worry about the future when digital is the ONLY way to play games.

I mean, I find it crazy that we live in a world when a customer has money, wants to buy a game, they want to give their money but can't.

Sales are being lost due to DRM, but that's always the case with DRM. I hate having to buy Japanese Vita games from BookOff and making sure there will never ever be DLC for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/1/2019 at 10:29 AM, EareosMineCraft said:

times go out of order when u sync a trophy to the wrong account erh .. so like all of them are on your main, then one goes to your alt's trophy set. if u re-do the trick, (login to main fully (with logout-login), then switch to alt) well you missed that one trophy. .  .  so it could screw up some games if the order is important, (some games it might not matter too much, eg: minecraft) 

Is still possible to get the 1/1/1970 stamp even if correctly signed/synced? I don't mind doing some passages but only if there is no risk at all...

On 1/16/2019 at 6:10 PM, Gamehelp said:

I am also curious if the exploit has been patched, I have never done the 'trick' before but have been thinking about it recently, would be a shame if they patched it.

I don't think there's much point in holding out updating, since you need to be on the latest firmware to sync trophy data.. and if it has been patched and you're somehow still able to do it, you'll maybe get flagged for using a cfw (I assume)

Can someone that has experience with the exploit confirm if it has been patched out or not with 3.70?

Im acturally on 3.60 Henkaku + Enso (was on 3.68 at the time tho) which is why i didnt want to update just to see if my trick was patched..

i dont really care about trophy leaderboards. i just come here to answer questions about the trick because i know how it works xD

On 3/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, gafpiratehook said:

Is still possible to get the 1/1/1970 stamp even if correctly signed/synced? I don't mind doing some passages but only if there is no risk at all...

its actually a 1/1/1 stamp..  and i dont think it was ever possible to get it using this. the issue can come from if the trophys sync to your alt instead of your main then it can end up skipping some.

that said it is possible to get that stamp on ofw. completely legitimately if you just reset the srtc (Hold POWER + PS + START + SELECT on the livearea to reset it) providing u have set time automatically disabled. then all trophys unlocked will all have the invalid time..

unsure what leaderboard rules are on that though . you could allways leave the trophys hidden until u confirm you got them all properly .. > - >

On 2/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, enaysoft said:

I worry about the future when digital is the ONLY way to play games.

I mean, I find it crazy that we live in a world when a customer has money, wants to buy a game, they want to give their money but can't.

Sales are being lost due to DRM, but that's always the case with DRM. I hate having to buy Japanese Vita games from BookOff and making sure there will never ever be DLC for it.

Yea. like all those PS Mobile games.. that sony just deleted all your purcahses for so u cant download them again, then deleted teh activation server so even if u have a backup u cant play it, then deleted the psm runtime off the server so even if u have a backup and activation if u get a new memory card u cant play it 

all this.. while keeping the actural game pkgs on there server. 

Luckily the hacking scene made it possible to dump PSM games if u somehow have them still working . . . and then they can be played on any console.. but even then only like 5% of the library is playable

simply due to no one having them anymore . . . saadd

• Like 1

• 2 months later...