How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

35 minutes ago, frillyunicorn said:

Wow! I didn't even know this was a thing! lol

But it's cool that despite the somewhat tricky and (dangerous?) method you'd be able to play games from other regions. xD

It’s not dangerous at all, I finished more than 200 games and never had a problem with time stamps or whatever.

You don’t have to keep the vita alive like they recommended, you can turn off the vita and the next day do the trick again, just don’t format the memory card.

Now I know the PS TV is also can be tricked, the amazing spiderman and god of war I am coming for you ?

• Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 1:17 AM, maormaor13 said:

It’s not dangerous at all, I finished more than 200 games and never had a problem with time stamps or whatever.

You don’t have to keep the vita alive like they recommended, you can turn off the vita and the next day do the trick again, just don’t format the memory card.

Now I know the PS TV is also can be tricked, the amazing spiderman and god of war I am coming for you 1f60f.png

I wouldn't go as far to say not dangerous, if you don't understand what you are doing you can make mistakes. When I first added the warnings though I was under the impression that it randomly synced trophies between the two accounts, with further testing I have since found what causes it. 

I do think the precautions like keeping the vita alive and such are pretty excessive, if something goes wrong it's only going to hit the dummy account you are using rather than the main. It's when the dummy account gets hit and you don't reset the save is when problems occur. If you are going to do longer games like spiderman, just be aware of the 20-24 hour timeout 

Well, I think after the OS upgrade (3.70) this trick does not work anymore. 

Main account (UK)

Vita Account (USA)

I get to the final stage of the trick, open the trophies screen, get the trophy error message, then it does not sync, and instead the Main account (UK) in the trophy screen, is replaced with the Vita account (USA)! 

Tried the method 3 times now, and same result each time. 

Edited by Eshaal

10 minutes ago, Eshaal said:

Well, I think after the OS upgrade (3.70) this trick does not work anymore. 

Main account (UK)

Vita Account (USA)

I get to the final stage of the trick, open the trophies screen, get the trophy error message, then it does not sync, and instead the Main account (UK) in the trophy screen, is replaced with the Vita account (USA)! 

Tried the method 3 times now, and same result each time. 

After you get the error, you must do this:

On 09/04/2018 at 9:37 PM, midgetstrawdog said:

Step 8: Go back to Email and swap back to your gamesharing account by using the hidden applications reg

It still works on 3.70, if you are still unable to get it to work I would follow the steps exactly once more. If that doesn't work there are now multiple YouTube videos and other text guides or you can send me a DM on here and I'll do my best to help :) 

2 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

After you get the error, you must do this:

It still works on 3.70, if you are still unable to get it to work I would follow the steps exactly once more. If that doesn't work there are now multiple YouTube videos and other text guides or you can send me a DM on here and I'll do my best to help :) 

Thanks, I did do step 8.  

Let me try again, I have used 2 Youtube vids, 

As long as it works on 3.70, then the fault obviously lies with me! 

OK, I got the the method working using  3.70. I was actually following all the steps correctly, but there is one warning which should be included

When steps are complete - DO NOT check the user signed in under Settings/PlayStation™Network. Even though it shows your ALT account (which is should be), once you return to trophies synch, the user changes to ALT account, instead of your main. This was the reason it was not working for me! 

Simply, do not visit the settings menu! 

:)

45 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

An additional question:

say I have a game on my share account. I did the trick and synced the plat to my main account. Can a friend of mine play the same game later and use the trick to sync it to his main account?

thanks 

Yep, just make sure you both use fresh saves 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kfree7 said:

How to I get the email sent to me?  I used Hakoom's video with the vitatricks.darksoftware and it wouldn't let me input anything.  Nothing came up to add an email.

Why you can not use the one mentioned on the first page of this topic?

• 4 weeks later...

This is a bit confusing but can someone please confirm the following: can I set up with my UK account, download whatever game I have bought/ps plus, play it completely offline throughout (no matter how long the game is), earn all the trophies, don't sync, use this trick to access my main account, sync trophies to main. Do I understand it correctly that this would then work to get all the trophies on my main account with correct time stamps etc? 

1 hour ago, CrowKiller9 said:

This is a bit confusing but can someone please confirm the following: can I set up with my UK account, download whatever game I have bought/ps plus, play it completely offline throughout (no matter how long the game is), earn all the trophies, don't sync, use this trick to access my main account, sync trophies to main. Do I understand it correctly that this would then work to get all the trophies on my main account with correct time stamps etc? 

Yes, you can do this. I usually play 3 or so games before doing the trick and syncing them.

9 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Yes, you can do this. I usually play 3 or so games before doing the trick and syncing them.

Excellent. That's great to hear. Recently got a Vita and was a bit surprised to find out that only one account is tied to the system. Glad there's a way to circumnavigate that. Thanks for the info mate! 

I can confirm that this method is still working. if someone wondering about the ps vita being in sleep mode will corrupt the game/save data just backup the data using content assistant manager to a PC/PS3 after every game session. I played about an hour then a message popped

"The memory card has been removed.
Do not remove the memory card while the PS Vita system is in use. If you do, the data may become corrupt.

The PS Vita system will restart."

I inserted back the memory card back even tho I didn't touch it, restarted the system again and everything was back to normal including the game icon until I tried to open the game and another message has popped about guiding me to activate the account that has this game.
just redo the method and if you still have this message, download anything from the store and cancel it right away from what I know this should activate the account on your system, go back and try to lunch the game and whallaa! back to business, hope I helped someone here ?

On 15/7/2019 at 5:57 AM, TkFreakGamer said:

I can confirm that this method is still working. if someone wondering about the ps vita being in sleep mode will corrupt the game/save data just backup the data using content assistant manager to a PC/PS3 after every game session. I played about an hour then a message popped

"The memory card has been removed.
Do not remove the memory card while the PS Vita system is in use. If you do, the data may become corrupt.

The PS Vita system will restart."

I inserted back the memory card back even tho I didn't touch it, restarted the system again and everything was back to normal including the game icon until I tried to open the game and another message has popped about guiding me to activate the account that has this game.
just redo the method and if you still have this message, download anything from the store and cancel it right away from what I know this should activate the account on your system, go back and try to lunch the game and whallaa! back to business, hope I helped someone here ?

I confirm too that it still works, for 3.70 and for older firmwares. Thx to the poster of this guide and to all the advices. For my brief experience, doing tests in the past months with another VITA, if you want to avoid issues just be careful of the sleep mode and don't remove memory cards/games. If you get an error and VITA restarts, it may be a problem, so it's good to avoid everything that it may cause this. I still need to test longer games. Thx again to all contributors

(Sorry, can't read every page)

Has anyone tried this with a game with multiplayer? If so, are you logged into the account that downloaded the game or the account you switched to using the email?

I'm considering this if I can't find anyone else who can connect to Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes multiplayer so that I can play against myself.

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

(Sorry, can't read every page)

Has anyone tried this with a game with multiplayer? If so, are you logged into the account that downloaded the game or the account you switched to using the email?

I'm considering this if I can't find anyone else who can connect to Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes multiplayer so that I can play against myself.

It creates a sort of hybrid of the two accounts, but logging on to an account that is in the case of the swap normally breaks it. I've had instances where it hasn't but for the most part it's largely untested. Some games can't handle the swap anyway and just give a network error if you try connecting to their servers