How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

28 minutes ago, acidkai_ak said:

Dumb question but if I play physical imported games on my vita, would it sync trophies normally? 

Yep like Dino_Roar says, you buy physical only. I do it often with the various Warriors games in Japan.

However two big warnings you should be aware of

- Don't buy a game that has DLC, otherwise you will almost certainly be screwed out of the 100% since you need to be logged in to buy/download the DLC, check before you buy

- Same as point 2 really, except probably even worse, make sure the company in question doesn't have a habit of releasing DLC months or years down the line. Psycho breakers on Vita did this with DLC appearing much later. Probably best to buy old games, although I guess these days with Vita almost not really being supported anymore, probably low risk of any sudden DLC in the near future on any releases.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Tried this last night multiple times on the PSTV with no success, turning the network on and off is slightly different to the Vita and I think the timing is not good. At this stage I'm just going to wait until I can get back to HK and JP, 2022 probably. 

1 minute ago, Z1MZUM said:

Tried this last night multiple times on the PSTV with no success, turning the network on and off is slightly different to the Vita and I think the timing is not good. At this stage I'm just going to wait until I can get back to HK and JP, 2022 probably. 

If you're trying it with a PSTV, use an ethernet cable you connect and disconnect instead of the wifi controls.

• Like 1

Leaving this here for those who might be better off. It sheds some light... so consider yourself personally discouraged ? by me, if not already by this thread.

So getting trophies from an alternate account’s digital vita library is ostensibly allowed, but out of the 2 methods for doing so, the vitatricks one never had a “green light” in the first place. The existence of the trick itself initially gave me some hope, but I shortly stopped trusting in it, despite having yet to try it. So obviously delicate (yes I can see OP’s warning too) and the consequences for flubbing it are awful, as you can’t go “back in time” when you attempt to re-earn the misplaced trophies. Even videos of it ultimately working still make it look frustrating...who on earth with a sound mind would want to spend half an hour just to launch a game? :S

The trick has since negatively affected a lot of users :( and it was never as “built-in” as was oft described; far better described as an “OFW compatible method.” This is also by far the harder of the 2 methods IMO, all things considered. Not a dig, just saying that “what constitutes a flag” is indirectly showing some imperfection. A good start would be a more defined time frame for prohibitively late syncs than ?‍♂️ ?  “extended periods of time.”

24 minutes ago, amex_svk said:

Considering this exploit is ~3 years old and Sony doesn't give a damn about Vita anymore (not like it ever did), I would say it's pretty ban-safe.

I'm surprised it's ban safe since it's bordering on the modding side of things since your using method that isn't other possible by normal means. 

13 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I'm surprised it's ban safe since it's bordering on the modding side of things since your using method that isn't other possible by normal means. 

The only thing Sony would consider banning about this process is having multiple accounts since that a breach of the terms of service.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey - I am hoping someone can help with the vita trick issue I’m having.  I have re-formatted the vita and set up my gmail but when I type in the URL or click the link from my vita on bad driver’s YouTube video it gives me an error of not finding the website.  I’ve tried several times as well as reformatted and tried again and it still says it can’t find the site. Using http://vitatricks.tk/signup.html 

has anyone else run into this or know the way to fix it?

just tried the link on my phone as well and it can’t locate the site there either

git it figured out, if anyone else runs into this, instead of .tk use .xyz - worked right away 

Edited by tibbettsma
Updated info/fix

On 2/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Sony doesn't give a shit about modders either. You can very easily get on PSN with a modded PS3 no issue, modded Vita no issue and modded PS4 no issue. Hackers have flaunted their hacking right in front of Sony on multiple occasions like when they did the stupid trophy auctioning promotion thing and despite people complaining, Sony did nothing about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

Will this still work after store shutdown?

It should do as the store closure is nothing to do with it. I'd advise not doing this because of the risk of being banned but it's up to you. 

And before someone says, Sony don't care or no one has ever been banned for this. It doesn't mean you never will. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:32 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

It should do as the store closure is nothing to do with it. I'd advise not doing this because of the risk of being banned but it's up to you. 

And before someone says, Sony don't care or no one has ever been banned for this. It doesn't mean you never will. 

I feel that Sony doesn't care about the Vita at all, closing the store means loss of sales so maybe after then you'll see allot more CFW going around. On my first Vita TV I used the Whitlister to play non compatible games, the moment Sony decided to start blocking games on the Vita TV. That same system I used for years and not a peep from Sony. Sure it was a simple email glitch but I'm sorry, I bought the PSTV under the sales pitch of "Plays all Vita games" until of course Sony decided to change the rules, the first step of pushing people out of the market. I don't get their actions, I've been to Japan any times and the Vita is huge.

I love how for nearly 3 years people have been saying “oh it might get you banned” and it STILL hasn’t happened, now massive amounts of games are getting delisted and the store will stop working but they still get on here and say “you might get banned” if it was gonna happen it would’ve happened already.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:32 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Yea it should be alright, but who knows if they decide to get rid of the email app like they are doing with the vita messaging 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question;
I have a Japanese cartridge game on my Vita with a US account. When I try to install the (free) DLC it tells me it's not compatible with the software (due to DLC being region locked).
Is there any way for me to download the Japanese version of the DLC and install it onto my cartridge game somehow?
Would simply resetting the Vita and logging in on a JP account to install it keep the install for when I switch back to my USA account?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...