How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

I'm not arguing against it being against the ToS, what I was arguing against is people who are white knights to the ToS by saying things like "this is against the ToS of PSN and that's why you'll be flagged", while thousands of trophy hunters break the rules every single day by performing exploits that weren't intended by games and boosting and creating alt accounts while providing false information to sign up to those accounts. 

If you were to only allow people who completely respected the ToS of PSN on the leaderboards for this website, over 90% of the people on the leaderboards would have to be removed because pretty much every trophy hunter has: boosted a trophy, created an alt account with false information, exploited a glitch in a game and so on. So when someone says something is against the ToS of PSN as a way of guilt tripping people into feeling bad about doing something, they're being a hypocrite because they've demonstrated that they will break the rules if it can be used to benefit themselves. The ToS of PSN doesn't currently mention whether specific things are worse than the other, they're all listed within the same set of rules, so maybe they consider boosting online trophies as being just as bad as doing this with your vita, you never know unless you want to get a Sony representative to come here and leave a comment. 

PSNProfiles isn't a subsidiary of Sony/PlayStation and does not completely respect the ToS of PSN when deciding whether someone is worthy of having a spot on the leaderboards. This should be a "use at your own risk" kind of situation where whoever uses it only has themselves to blame if something goes wrong with their console or account, as far as the trophies are concerned, they should be considered as legitimate because other means of earning trophies deemed illegitimate by Sony and other developers have still been approved for use on this website countless times. 

I mainly used your quote because it had a mention of TOS in it. 

AFAIK the only things that get you banned from PSN are abusive messages, trying to dispute a transaction with your bank did that by accident a few years ago and CFW we have the same kind of rules on the site I think abuse members banned CFW for use of auto popping trophies banned and trophy profile removed. So if this was a bannable offence by Sony I'd expect to be banned on this Site. I'm going to avoid this exploit myself for a few reasons but the main one being the risk of being banned on PSN I've spent thousands on there and dedicated alot of time to trophy hunting so I don't want to risk losing all that. 

Anyway my point is that if this is a bannable exploit through PSN I see the site being the same way if it's not then it could go either way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

AFAIK the only things that get you banned from PSN are abusive messages, trying to dispute a transaction with your bank did that by accident a few years ago and CFW we have the same kind of rules on the site I think abuse members banned CFW for use of auto popping trophies banned and trophy profile removed. So if this was a bannable offence by Sony I'd expect to be banned on this Site. I'm going to avoid this exploit myself for a few reasons but the main one being the risk of being banned on PSN I've spent thousands on there and dedicated alot of time to trophy hunting so I don't want to risk losing all that. 

Anyway my point is that if this is a bannable exploit through PSN I see the site being the same way if it's not then it could go either way. 

Sony can ban you for so many more reasons, such as Sergen pointed out. They currently don't actively do it, but if you read through the ToS there's a ridiculous amount of terms you agreed to that no one follows. (Like Facebook can ban you for having a fake name on your account, I'm 70% sure Sony can do the same) If Sony had something against you, they could find a reason to ban you that aligns with their ToS. So saying we shouldn't allow what Sony doesn't allow is very vague as there's what Sony has written down as rules and there's what Sony actually enforces as rules, and those can change at any time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

I’ve never heard of anyone being banned for using a save file to hack an offline trophy, but this website doesn’t allow that for obvious reasons. But I have read various cases of people being banned from games and having stats reset and being suspended from PSN because they boosted in the online. 

I think if companies are going as far as implementing things like punk buster (in-game anti-cheat system) then they clearly don’t want boosting and I doubt Sony would allow companies to do that with their games unless it was in breach of the TOS. 

Like I said previously, unless someone brings in a Sony representative to comment in regards to the severity of punishments for various negative acts on the network, we can assume that Sony treats all violations of the TOS in the same way. 

The things you mention are the most commonly detected or reported things on PSN, but not the only things that can warrant a ban on the network. I’m sure if you got 200,000 kills and 1 death on Killzone Shadowfall when it was still new, they’d take action against you for cheating/boosting their multiplayer. 

I am still standing by the fact that people shouldn’t be using the TOS of PSN as a way of deterring people from doing something, when they themselves will violate certain areas of the TOS when it suits them. It still makes someone a hypocrite if they’ve violated the TOS of PSN in any way but they say to people “you are violating the TOS of PSN by doing this and that is why you should be flagged”.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I don't like this exploit AT ALL. Not because of the email or .ics stuff, but actually because you're abusing a bug in the trophy synchronization on PS Vita which could lead to people transfering unsynched trophies from other accounts other than his own  (i.e downloaded accounts from the internet) to their main account and then synch those trophies. If the exploit would simple let you play the games from other regions while SIGNED into your main account in Vita, that would get a OK from me, but as it is, it allows people to exploit the trophy system in such way that go totally against the leaderboards system.

You'd have zero way of knowing if they did this or not. Saying it's not allowed just prevents the people that would be using this legitimately just to play different region versions of games like It's Spring Again.

So that means not only we will be able to play delisted games (Farming Simulator, Plants vs. Zombies) if we have a friend who has those games -not sure if they are still in Download List though- but also we will be able to play the games we want from any region thanks to the e-mail trick,right?  That is simply amazing. If this is not flaggable offense as mentioned in the first post, I want to get my hands on this.

21 hours ago, MMDE said:

On a side point, the 100% on blank account is definitely shady stuff and can definitely make your account look as if you're using CFW to just add new trophy lists to your profile. You'll all of a sudden have new trophies you maybe earned months or even years ago on your profile that you previously didn't. Would definitely avoid this

I've been doing this all the time since I've learned about this from StayPationt. In fact, every game I played on PS4 the last months was synched that way. I've got another Guacamelee (PS4) plat waiting from many months ago that I will synch as soon as the DLC went on sale and I bought it and finished the trophies to 100%. I don't see any problems with this, it is my account on my PS4, just not linked to my e-mail (yet). And when synched, the time stamps will fit in perfectly.

3 hours ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

So that means not only we will be able to play delisted games (Farming Simulator, Plants vs. Zombies) if we have a friend who has those games -not sure if they are still in Download List though- but also we will be able to play the games we want from any region thanks to the e-mail trick,right?  That is simply amazing. If this is not flaggable offense as mentioned in the first post, I want to get my hands on this.

I don't think it would work like this unless your friend had not synced the trophies yet...it would seem the content needs to be listed and the trophies unsynched on the account that earned them in order to be able to transfer them to another account...example : if someone has synced a trophy for pvz then factory resets their vita, they would need to log in to an alt to be able to earn trophies again...but their download list would be lost by doing so even if it was the same region as the one with trophy, is that right?...my brain is not working correctly today so I could be wrong but I think that's what would happen...feel free to correct me as I have a feeling that what I wrote is actually inaccurate...

and just a side note, you can already play physical copies of games from any region on one account...the issue is with digital-only...which leads to the question : if Sony created the vita with only being able to have one account at-a-time for piracy reasons wouldn't they also region-lock physical games too for the same reason?...it would indicate they don't really have a problem with people having access to multiple region's games on one account...just a theory though...

and yes, it would allow people to display region specific digital game's trophies on the account of their choosing...

Edited by ProfBambam55

3 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

I've been doing this all the time since I've learned about this from StayPationt. In fact, every game I played on PS4 the last months was synched that way. I've got another Guacamelee (PS4) plat waiting from many months ago that I will synch as soon as the DLC went on sale and I bought it and finished the trophies to 100%. I don't see any problems with this, it is my account on my PS4, just not linked to my e-mail (yet). And when synched, the time stamps will fit in perfectly.

And I'm telling you it's a bit shady and can definitely look that way if you do it on a grand scale with a lot of games at the same time over a long period of time.

Doing what your doing is perfectly legit as you earned those trophies legit. Trophies synced later than being earned, even whole games at a time, in and of itself is not *proof* of any trophy cheating. Just because it can look like something else does not mean it IS something else.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm not fully understanding here, but what is the benefit of doing it this way. 

8 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

Maybe I'm not fully understanding here, but what is the benefit of doing it this way. 

There is totally no benefit, but...

Wild guess: probably he doesn't want to see uncompleted (non 100%) positions on his profile unless he fully finishes them.

On the other hand, you can always play some hard game hoping that you can 100% it and safely delete without syncing if you can not achieve 100% , so it is not "messing" your profile.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smashero said:

There is totally no benefit, but...

Wild guess: probably he doesn't want to see uncompleted (non 100%) positions on his profile unless he fully finishes them.

On the other hand, you can always play some hard game hoping that you can 100% it and safely delete without syncing if you can not achieve 100% , so it is not "messing" your profile.

Or I can play a game of which I didn't buy the DLC yet and synch it when I 100%ed it after the DLC went on sale - see above. To find out if I simply like a game or if it suits me at the moment I'm using one of my alts.

But basically you're right. It's a completionist thing. The only downside is that it's not possible to do the online stuff, like MMDE pointed out.

Edit: And whether that's a benefit or not remains a matter of perspective.

Edited by fastflowdaman

46 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Or I can play a game of which I didn't buy the DLC yet and synch it when I 100%ed it after the DLC went on sale - see above. To find out if I simply like a game or if it suits me at the moment I'm using one of my alts.

But basically you're right. It's a completionist thing. The only downside is that it's not possible to do the online stuff, like MMDE pointed out.

Edit: And whether that's a benefit or not remains a matter of perspective.

Fair enough, I was just curious.

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I’ll probably end up putting something like “Playing from a region that isn’t your own IS allowed, including Vita” in the rules, and the flag team can still easily spot who cheats their time tags even with that rule in place. What is laid out at the beginning of this post isn’t really directly cheating the trophies, it’s tricking your Vita to play a different region which in itself isn’t a big deal - again when things like this are used maliciously they will be spotted as they already are with save files and time tag manipulation 

Sounds like a good plan? :dunno:

That sounds perfect. I mean, hackers are going to be easily caught out regardless.

6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I’ll probably end up putting something like “Playing from a region that isn’t your own IS allowed, including Vita” in the rules, and the flag team can still easily spot who cheats their time tags even with that rule in place. What is laid out at the beginning of this post isn’t really directly cheating the trophies, it’s tricking your Vita to play a different region which in itself isn’t a big deal - again when things like this are used maliciously they will be spotted as they already are with save files and time tag manipulation 

Sounds like a good plan? :dunno:

It's not tricking your Vita to play a different region. It's to play on a different account, then exploit the console to change account on the Vita and a glitch that follows from it is that your other account gets the trophies. I wish it was as easy as you say to spot it.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

It's not tricking your Vita to play a different region. It's to play on a different account, then exploit the console to change account on the Vita and a glitch that follows from it is that your other account gets the trophies. I wish it was as easy as you say to spot it.

Surely hackers would have some pretty obvious stuff on their profile, they always do.

Since this is, potentially going to be allowed, I feel it's best to say the current method is buggy. Whilst this personally hasn't happened to me, some people have had certain trophies not sync across. I will personally be syncing only a few trophies at a time to avoid this. So be wary of doing this on your main before doing a few test run on alts 

Since this is my first post since the original, if anybody has any questions that weren't already answered I'll do my best to answer them now

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I see, that’s pretty interesting - yeah it’s kind of sketchy (Or maybe flimsy) but maybe we should allow it at the players own risk and if any time tags are off then we flag them?

-

Let me ask this to anyone who may know, as it’s important - this can only be done locally? As in you can’t really “Pass around” an account or anything for a lot of people to sync from? Is it a one-time thing  or can it be done to more than one account with the same original account, as in two or three of your profiles can share the same exact timestamps from that original “other region” account?

• Like 1

so i'm curious about something @BlindMango ; my original account is USA but I have an apartment in Croatia and if I buy a Vita there, wouldn't that devices region be EU? Or does it not work like that? Only reason I'm asking is why playing different regions wouldn't be allowed. Now pertaining to the method at hand, absolutely flimsy.. multiple lists could in theory be piggybacked, but I would need to experiment with this to verify.