How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

13 minutes ago, ferryjan said:

I think this can only be done on the same PSV. You play the game on alt account from another region and earn some trophies, then you use the trick to sync those trophies into your main account. This works fine. However, if you now switch to a 3rd account and try to sync, all those trophies which have already been synced to your main account cannot be synced again. This is one-time thing.

The only way to get those trophies on the 3rd account is to first format your PSV, download and play the game on your alt account again, try to earn those trophies for a 2nd time. In the end do the trick again on your 3rd account.

1497410005999.jpg

I also have a curiosity question...what if you had 2 alts with the same game both complete for a said game, one illegitimate, one legitimate...if you transferred both lists to your main account could you overwrite the old list with a new one...like let's say a person has implausible time stamps the first time around, could they sync a legit list to it later or would it revert to the earliest time stamps by default?.. 

8 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

So now it's allowed to get trophies earned on ANOTHER account? That's definitely total legit.

it's already allowed I think...earn trophies offline...sync to different account online...i'm pretty sure I've heard of this quite a few times actually...people test games on alts and then when all trophies are confirmed to be earned, they sync with their main one...it avoids accidentally syncing games that have unobtainables, are too difficult, etc...i've heard of very serious (OCD) hunters doing this...

Edited by ProfBambam55

3 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

let's say a person has implausible time stamps the first time around, could they sync a legit list to it later or would it revert to the earliest time stamps by default?.. 

Earliest time stamps are default, but now I'm curious about missing timestamps being overwritten..

3 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Just give me the instruction how to perform this with digital title :) you can do this only with disc games.

so then you're agreeing then that it's already possible thereby negating your previous (I assume sarcastic) statement?... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

negating your previous statement?

If you follow the conversation on this and last topic, we are talking ONLY about digital-only titles.

34 minutes ago, ferryjan said:

As in you can’t really “Pass around” an account or anything for a lot of people to sync from?

I'm earning platinum on PS Vita on account #0 - making a PC backup - doing this e-mail hack to "transfer" trophies to account #1 - restore from backup - "transfer" to account #2 - restore from backup - ...

Someone will become really rich once you allow this :)

Edited by ScooloV

12 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

I earn platinum on PS Vita on account #0 - making a PC backup - doing this e-mail hack to "transfer" trophies to account #1 - restore from backup - "transfer" to account #2 - restore from backup - ...

You cannot backup your trophies on PC as I know, the only way to "backup" trophies is to upload them on trophy server.

If you mean to backup saves. Yes, it works, but it is against the site rules. If someone do as you said, when they restore the game saves from the backup, some trophies may pop instantly when starting the game. If they upload those trophies, they will be flagged.  

Edited by ferryjan

8 minutes ago, Gage said:

still are valid from people playing the game properly

You are just getting trophies from ANOTHER account to yours, that's how this "glitch" works, how can this be "valid"? And you can copy one trophy set to several accounts without a problem, and that's why this should not be allowed.

14 minutes ago, Gage said:

who want to play their stuff legit

Earn trophies on account, on which you bought the game, that's legit. When you copy trophies from one account to another - that's not legit.

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i've heard of very serious (OCD) hunters doing this

Nothing OCD about not wanting to have (more) unobtainables on your account. At least not more OCD than being a completionist in general, one might add.

In any case, the term "OCD" gets thrown around a lot and watered down in the process anyway.

9 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Earn trophies on account, on which you bought the game, that's legit. When you copy trophies from one account to another - that's not legit.

As long as you earned the trophies yourself and without hacking and stuff like that, this method is absolutely and perfectly legit.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

this method is absolutely and perfectly legit.

Copying trophies from one account to another is absolutely and perfectly legit, got it.

@MMDE unban all those poor guys who copied the trophies on PS3, local experts tell that this was legit.

1 hour ago, ferryjan said:

You cannot backup your trophies on PC as I know, the only way to "backup" trophies is to upload them on trophy server.

If you mean to backup saves. Yes, it works, but it is against the site rules. If someone do as you said, when they restore the game saves from the backup, some trophies may pop instantly when starting the game. If they upload those trophies, they will be flagged.  

You can backup trophies to PC... but let's not discuss this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

I'm earning platinum on PS Vita on account #0 - making a PC backup - doing this e-mail hack to "transfer" trophies to account #1 - restore from backup - "transfer" to account #2 - restore from backup - ...

Someone will become really rich once you allow this :)

if you follow the conversation we are talking about the legitimacy of people transferring trophies to another account ONLY not backing them up or copying them...the latter is your extrapolation... 

28 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Nothing OCD about not wanting to have (more) unobtainables on your account. At least not more OCD than being a completionist in general, one might add.

In any case, the term "OCD" gets thrown around a lot and watered down in the process anyway.

the people I've heard of doing this would most certainly describe themselves as OCD about trophies hence the parentheses...was not an attempt at generalization or I would have excluded the parentheses...

Edited by ProfBambam55

11 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

the people I've heard of doing this would most certainly describe themselves as OCD

You are absolutely right, many do. Which is why I added

39 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Well this is absolutely tinkering with things to get it to work, and it is definitely another "grey area" we're having to deal with much like the custom servers thing.

But from what it looks like is somewhat constrained and can be done within the OS completely without external sources. Basically you guys need to weigh the options on if you want it on the leaderboards or not, if this is closer to changing the system clock (which is allowed) or closer to CFW (which is not allowed). There are a lot of good points here and as more "gray areas" crop up which aren't so easy to clearly define as cheating or ultimately fine, it will basically have to be decided on what the majority thinks after really thinking about it all 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Well this is absolutely tinkering with things to get it to work, and it is definitely another "grey area" we're having to deal with much like the custom servers thing.

But from what it looks like is somewhat constrained and can be done within the OS completely without external sources. Basically you guys need to weigh the options on if you want it on the leaderboards or not, if this is closer to changing the system clock (which is allowed) or closer to CFW (which is not allowed). There are a lot of good points here and as more "gray areas" crop up which aren't so easy to clearly define as cheating or ultimately fine, it will basically have to be decided on what the majority thinks after really thinking about it all 

I personally fail to see how these are the same thing. It's quite easy to say that trophies earned are ok, but backing up trophies to your PC and just giving them to people isn't. People are going to do both of these things regardless, just with games that have a physical version. People I know have already used this method to get trophies from games in their region.  I am asking for trophies not to be flagged based upon region alone.

It's also not even known at this time whether a full list can be done on 1 sync, everyone I know is doing a few trophies at a time

As for popular opinion I believe that has already been made clear

Edited by midgetstrawdog
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, arkitekt-gt said:

The risk of getting your psn account banned is very high than playing the game in a cfw. Only my thoughts as a computer scientist. 

out of curiosity, what are you thoughts based on?...have you ever tried going online with a modded console or used cfw on a vita?...have you come across data that suggests more bans for trophy transferring than cfw use?...

what I found through some pretty extensive net research was that many people have had their accounts banned by sony for using cfw on both ps3 and vita...couldn't find much about ps4 (mind you I didn't looking into it much - hackers do not have the ability to take their mods online yet) ...i also found a whopping 0 bans for transferring trophies on vita using this trick...as a matter of fact it used to be as simple as using two memory cards or doing a factory reset (up until 2012-13) to be able to access region-specific digital-only content on one main account...this may be a new discussion on psnp with regards to whether or not it should be flagged but it is not that new of a technology...

Edited by ProfBambam55