How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

On ‎13‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 11:09 PM, Sergen said:

At the end of the day, there probably aren't that many games that are only available for a particular vita region, so it's not going to put anyone massively ahead of the people below them on the leaderboard if they use it. 

There aren't that many?

Metropolis: Lux Obscura

Midnight Deluxe

Energy Invasion

Semispheres

Energy Balance

Squareboy vs Bullies

36 Fragments of Midnight

It's Spring Again

Energy Cycle

Actual Sunlight

North

One Eyed Kutkh

Dying: Reborn

Twin Robots

Blasting Agent Ultra

Taco Master

Reverie

Nurse Love Addiction

Deep Ones

Alteric

Home

Doodle God

Doodle Devil

Doodle Kingdom

Save the Ninja Clan

Spiral Splatter

One More Dungeon

One Tap Hero

And this aren't for sure all games.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore since it looks like it's allowed now.

Edited by AvengedEvil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AvengedEvil said:

There aren't that many?

Metropolis: Lux Obscura

Midnight Deluxe

Energy Invasion

Semispheres

Energy Balance

Squareboy vs Bullies

36 Fragments of Midnight

It's Spring Again

Energy Cycle

Actual Sunlight

North

One Eyed Kutkh

Dying: Reborn

Twin Robots

Blasting Agent Ultra

Taco Master

Reverie

Nurse Love Addiction

Deep Ones

Alteric

Home

Doodle God

Doodle Devil

Doodle Kingdom

Save the Ninja Clan

Spiral Splatter

One More Dungeon

One Tap Hero

And this aren't for sure all games.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore since it looks like it's allowed now.

Compared to the whole library of vita games, it’s not that many. 

39 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Compared to the whole library of vita games, it’s not that many. 

There are also HK, CN, JP regions with PLENTY of digital exclusives and/or stackable titles. That would give a solid boost in LB.

Very tempting...

Ah, anyway - FW3.69 will appear and the whole thing will be gone :P. (Yes, I know, it wasn't fixed in 3.68, but I think it is only a matter of time).

28 minutes ago, Smashero said:

There are also HK, CN, JP regions with PLENTY of digital exclusives and/or stackable titles. That would give a solid boost in LB.

Very tempting...

Ah, anyway - FW3.69 will appear and the whole thing will be gone :P. (Yes, I know, it wasn't fixed in 3.68, but I think it is only a matter of time).

The founder of said exploit has mentioned in the past of having other workarounds if it was indeed patched. I don't see why it would though, since it's just multiaccounting. If anything, it would just provide more profits for Sony, since there's large amount of digital-only games -- especially for the mainland China region. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

The founder of said exploit has mentioned in the past of having other workarounds if it was indeed patched. I don't see why it would though, since it's just multiaccounting. If anything, it would just provide more profits for Sony, since there's large amount of digital-only games -- especially for the mainland China region. 

IMO Multiaccounting would be if at the start of your PSV you would have an option to choice the profile like on PS3/PS4.

The method here is playing a game from an account A and getting the trophies, then using ext. exploit, then making small hocus-pocus while creating account B on which you are later syncing the trophies.

4 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

There aren't that many?

Energy Invasion

Energy Balance

Energy Cycle

Midnight Deluxe

36 Fragments of Midnight

It's Spring Again

Energy Cycle

Actual Sunlight

North

Reverie

Nurse Love Addiction

Those games are all on more than one region, so you can't really say they are "only available for a particular Vita region"

Energy Cycle (NA, EU)

Energy Invasion (NA, EU)

Energy Balance (NA, EU)

Midnight Deluxe (NA, EU, AS)

36 Fragments of Midnight  (NA, EU)

It's Spring Again (NA, EU)

Energy Cycle (NA, EU)

Actual Sunlight (NA, EU)

North (NA, EU)

Reverie (NA, EU and one not listed) 

Nurse Love Addiction (NA, EU)

So while you can say most of them are only on the western Vita regions, you still can't say they are exclusive or available on one platform as you try to imply.

So at the moment, if those are the games you are going to list, we can't say that there are that many.

Edited by valomek
Forgot to add Energy Cycle

7 minutes ago, valomek said:

Those games are all on more than one region, so you can't really say they are "only available for a particular Vita region"

Energy Cycle (NA, EU)

Energy Invasion (NA, EU)

Energy Balance (NA, EU)

Midnight Deluxe (NA, EU, AS)

36 Fragments of Midnight  (NA, EU)

It's Spring Again (NA, EU)

Energy Cycle (NA, EU)

Actual Sunlight (NA, EU)

North (NA, EU)

Reverie (NA, EU and one not listed) 

Nurse Love Addiction (NA, EU)

So while you can say most of them are only on the western Vita regions, you still can't say they are exclusive or available on one platform as you try to imply.

So at the moment, if those are the games you are going to list, we can't say that there are that many.

I know that these games are available in more than one region - and that's exactly the point. With account switching on Vita, you could now play every available stack. This would give you a boost on LB.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This raises an interesting point...  

So, it is possible for this method to fail in such case that due to not syncing for a while, many trophies can sync with new timestamps within seconds?

No, there have been reports of people trying to sync a bunch of trophies at once and not all of them working. 

Could we please stop arguing the legitimacy of this? The community and staff have made their decision. I kept the thread open since people will likely have questions, if there's a lot more arguing I'm just going to lock the thread

27 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

I know that these games are available in more than one region - and that's exactly the point. With account switching on Vita, you could now play every available stack. This would give you a boost on LB.

I think its because we are not thinking of the same thing, when we talk about being on "games only available in one region" you think about each games trophy list that can stack meanwhile I think about games that are region exclusive.

Which explains why you list Reverie, where I would only list Taco Master, as only one of these games are in fact only available in one region.

somewhere in this or another thread someone mentioned there being potentially a few hundred titles you could now put on your main account that were previously unachievable without this exploit...it's neither here nor there though...the site stance seems to be that as long as the timestamps are legit, you're in the clear so i would recommend heeding mango and midget's warnings that this method can be a bit glitchy, sync your trophies incrementally, and have your fun...yay...

Edited by ProfBambam55

23 minutes ago, MMDE said:

• If not all the trophies are carried over, you may be left with trophies out of order, and this will likely be flagged if you don't hide the games. Who's going to risk their account?
  • Yes, I too said "yes" to this, but reluctantly. I don't think it sets a particularly good example to allow console exploits to do things that aren't made available for the console to do by any normal means and abuse it to take advantage of glitches that comes from it.
  • I also think people may get "harmed" from this, like if they get a bad sync, and some people will feel pressured to do it because the other people they compete with does it.
  • All trophy sites may not approve of it.
  • The inevitable drama that will happen if they patch this.
  • This is something that will really only affect some few legit users. Some few top guys who will even feel pressured, tempted etc to do this, and maybe some few users who really wanted to play that one game and have the trophies for it. It's not like you can't play the games from different regions anyway, the problem was only that you didn't earn trophies on your main account when you Fso.

1. By syncing 1 trophy at a time or somebody finds what causes the trophies to get lost. I will be doing a few NA stacks over the next few days

2. Fair enough, I don't particularly disagree, I just want vita stacks so I can fully complete every game I start (all stacks)

3. I fear this too, but if they don't read the warnings and get screwed then it's their own fault. They could also hide the game after the fact

4. I like PSNP's standard board the most, if I get removed from other sites so be it. I only use 1 other rival site anyway

5. It has been around for over a year, so I guess we just hope that doesn't happen

6. I don't know how many visual novels are digital only, but realistically like 20 games were posted above that would be a viable option for people to play for a quick trophy boost. Half of these didn't even have plats, some were games only 1 region benefited from. I don't believe anyone is taking down the top doing this

14 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

1. By syncing 1 trophy at a time or somebody finds what causes the trophies to get lost. I will be doing a few NA stacks over the next few days

2. Fair enough, I don't particularly disagree, I just want vita stacks so I can fully complete every game I start (all stacks)

3. I fear this too, but if they don't read the warnings and get screwed then it's their own fault. They could also hide the game after the fact

4. I like PSNP's standard board the most, if I get removed from other sites so be it. I only use 1 other rival site anyway

5. It has been around for over a year, so I guess we just hope that doesn't happen

6. I don't know how many visual novels are digital only, but realistically like 20 games were posted above that would be a viable option for people to play for a quick trophy boost. Half of these didn't even have plats, some were games only 1 region benefited from. I don't believe anyone is taking down the top doing this

Points 2 and 4 which MMDE made are essential. I kind of missed this entire thread leading up to the whitelisting of this exploit. I don't agree with it at all. I'm not the alone in this. Plenty of hunters are disheartened by this decision.

''I like psnp standard board the most'', well a lot of us do. This is my main leaderboard aswell, but if choices made here, get us removed elsewhere, something is not right. That's why psnp always should follow sony's intentions. If they wanted the vita to be able to switch accounts on the go, that option would have been added by them. That should have ended the discussion really.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

@MMDE i want to play those US "exclusive" games, simply. And no, i do not want to play them on another account and then delete that account. It will be a waste of my money.

@Barriebar17 "That's why psnp always should follow sony's intentions"

dude are you serious? Sergen writes multiple times in this thread, that if PSN Profiles really followed the intentions of Sony, the leaderboard will be erased, because we broke the TOS multiple times to do the trophies way faster. And yes, almost every trophy hunter have boosted 1 game or used a glitch to do something easier.

Obviously Im serious. Im not talking about violations/breaking the TOS.  Perhaps 'intentions' was not the right word. But since both the ps3 and ps4 have the option to use multiple blank/alt accounts by default and the vita doesn't, a trophy website should not alter leaderboards in any way by allowing a device exploit. Im just unpleasantly surprised to see something like that happen here.

Edited by Barriebar17
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 10:11 AM, Nathaniel_Wu said:

Since the op didn't bother to explain, I looked into it a bit, and I found that you can do it all on your own, all his website does is to send you an email that contains a .ics attachment that has a line of "URL:psnreg:".

Just send yourself a email with a compliant iCal file that also includes a line of "URL:psnreg:", the rest is the same.

It seems that the mail app on Vita has a loophole, so that accessing "psnreg:" when you preview a iCal event isn't prohibited as it is in browser app or in any email itself.

So you have to use the PSV email app? Cause I can't send or receive emails with it cause of error C2-14389-5

2 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Do you think Naughty Dog intened on everyone using the Debug mode in the Jak games. It was solely made for the Developers. Someone found a way to acces it aswell and now everyone is using it for their easy platinums including you. Honestly i dont think you could be saying stuff like that if you have done the same. 

It's rather funny seeing his list because he might have one of the most stacked trophy lists on PSN, yet he's against the idea of more games being stackable for the vita. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

@MMDE i want to play those US "exclusive" games, simply. And no, i do not want to play them on another account and then delete that account. It will be a waste of my money.

How is it a waste of your money to buy a game and then complete it? You'd be able to play it just fine, just not get the trophies for it on your main account... I think the argument that you just want to play the game is a poor one, even if I get that you want to earn the trophies for it on your main account too, but if all you want is to play the game, you've always had that option.

Furhermore, this exploit doesn't allow you to play the game on your profile. What it does is allow you to transfer trophies earned on another account to your main account.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

I really don't get how you guys compare isolated incidents as the debug mode, in game glitches and the other TOS violations to this.  As much as I like stacking, I don't want psnp to become a subjective leaderboard. Which it will be if other trophysites dont follow this lead. Thats what customs leaderboards are for not psnp.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barriebar17 said:

I really don't get how you guys compare isolated incidents as the debug mode, in game glitches and the other TOS violations to this.  As much as I like stacking, I don't want psnp to become a subjective leaderboard. Which it will be if other trophysites dont follow this lead. Thats what customs leaderboards are for not psnp.

It's compared to this because all of this is part of the TOS of PSN and unless you know someone who is an employee of Sony who can come directly to this thread to say "this is worse than any other violation of the TOS", you shouldn't be using Sony's intentions as a basis of your argument. If the trophies are on PSN, they should be accessible to any account and this method has given people the necessary tools to allow them to get those trophies for any account while still purchasing and playing the game legitimately and if their time stamps do come out negatively, they'll just be flagged on the website. There's no flagging option for the website that says "Earned trophies for region locked game" and aside from that, unless you've archived the PSN Store everyday to make sure all the "region locked" games haven't been found on other stores or physically in obscure Japanese market places, you don't know if the person acquired the game by other means. Doing this with your vita is hardly different from syncing trophies that you earned on a blank user to PSN, because all you're doing is finding a way to sync trophies that weren't synced to a PSN Account to your main account. Either way, the arguments seem to just be starting to get re-hashed frequently and I recommend to @midgetstrawdog that if the arguments continue to be re-hashed then you simply close the thread. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Either way, the arguments seem to just be starting to get re-hashed frequently and I recommend to @midgetstrawdog that if the arguments continue to be re-hashed then you simply close the thread. 

I guess you don't remember all the times you've been frustrated when people do this to you. Honestly, it was approved because a certain mod pushed for it based on people being so excited about it, and people didn't really talk about the actual issues with it. As for re-hashed arguments, I prefer those over some of what you've contributed to this thread.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barriebar17 said:

Isn't PSNProfiles a custom leaderboard? By removing people who have illegitimate timestamps, doesn't that make it customized.  And since it's a private website's leaderboard, why shouldn't it be custom? 

Side note: I'm not trying to start a fight. I am seriously asking for the answers to these questions.

I should also add I don't like this technique and I think it's stupid. But I dont care if other people use it.

Edited by clickclick-uhoh