Online Servers Shutting Down October 10, 2018

Suminya

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Multiplayer and all online features for this product will be terminated, and this game will no longer be playable from 10th July 2018.

Update (May 3):

Multiplayer and all online features for this product will be terminated, and this game will no longer be playable from 10th October 2018.

Edited by Snow_Miku_2012

I predicted this game would shut this year in numerous threads. Not very impressive of a prediction i'll admit, it was incredibly obvious since they are just shutting down pretty much everything on PS3 now and this game in particular uses a lot of features and server thus is more expensive to run.

My other prediction is likely going to come true too: the Littlebigplanet games will not see the light of 2021, they'll shut this year or next.

there's a couple nasty trophy's in the mix.

win in the top 10%

have 10 people download 

those are the biggest ones, though one could theoretically make 10 accounts and use those to boost the trophy's provided one has a spare ps3.

leaves only the 10% and grind.

Edited by kingdrake2

I did the online for this and the only real problematic trophy is “flaming hot” you need to be top 10% in a track that changes daily and people cheat it, it’s possible but it was hard af. All the xp shit can be self boosted with alts on the same ps3 and all the misc online are ezpz. 

52 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

there's a couple nasty trophy's in the mix.

win in the top 10%

have 10 people download 

those are the biggest ones, though one could theoretically make 10 accounts and use those to boost the trophy's provided one has a spare ps3.

leaves only the 10% and grind.

What about 250k XP, that seems to take a lot of effort, logging in and out from alt accounts to main, rinse, repeat...

Yeah, nope. Not going for this crap. Killzone 2 was my lesson. Have this game on my profile but oh well. Won't be my last. Really surprising though that Sony is cutting so many 1st party titles. Would think it would be more 3rd party PS3 games to go first. I sure thought Sony would keep theirs up the longest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

In the NA Store each DLC cost $ 5: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/UP9000-NPUA80535_00-MODNATIONKART002/1?direction=desc&relationship=add-ons&sort=price So, if you do not have the game neither DLCs, they all will cost you $25.

Thank you, that's what i needed to know.

EU Store: https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/search/modnation™ racers?emcid=pa-st-111284

Edited by TazDevilz1986

Another game from my backlog that bites the dust.

I was about to start it this week, but I started Sonic Transformed instead. Too much grinding for the game to reach level 30. Plus: multiple players will be battling these days to get 100 online wins in short time. Too bad! :/

Ok, I guess I changed my mind and I would like to ask you something. For starters, like me, we need 100 online victories. How many players are needed to start a race? Does it have to be a public or private matches (if that exists) count aswell?

Because I don’t mind having a second account and download all my stuff every single day to reach that XP, I’m worried about online victories.

With a lot of people playing Hot Lap these days, guess it shouldn’t be hard to reach 10% of the top players.

God fucking damnit. This one hurts A LOT. This will destroy our community, believe it or not because it was still active and I race on it all the time. As someone who has been playing this game for nearly 8 years.... everything will be gone. Guess its time to work on the last online trophies. Like now. Godamn you Sony.

I was screaming NO NO NO as I was reading the headline. I have to be bearer of bad news when I tell the regulars tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

Another game from my backlog that bites the dust.

I was about to start it this week, but I started Sonic Transformed instead. Too much grinding for the game to reach level 30. Plus: multiple players will be battling these days to get 100 online wins in short time. Too bad! :/

100 online wins can be done with 2 people. In a single lobby. 

This one is personal.

For win a ranked race series you need at least 4, online races and misc trophys are done with 2 except the 5 unique online friends and the 250k Creative XP and Lvl 30 you will grind by uploading your stuff, rate it with your alts, remove them and upload them again .. and again .. and again .. and well once you need 10 downloads on each (a cart/track/mod) .. you can do that with alts or a boosting group pretty good as well :)

Just ended it a week ago.

A lil tip: Buy the game + DLC's in the US Store - all together costs 24,99$ - in Europe the DLC's only costs already 29,97€

Greetz

jB-

Edited by jayboo1991

1 minute ago, jayboo1991 said:

For win a ranked race series you need at least 4, online races and misc trophys are done with 2 except the 5 unique online friends and the 250k Creative XP and Lvl 30 you will grind by uploading your stuff, rate it with your alts, remove them and upload them again .. and again .. and again ..

Just ended it a week ago.

A lil tip: Buy the game + DLC's in the US Store - all together costs 24,99$ - in Europe the DLC's only costs already 29,97€

Greetz

jB-

Just ended a week ago?

How many stuff can you upload each time?

If you can upload 10 different mods each time and other user downloads it (100Xp each down + 25Xp each view) will give you 1.250 XP. So I need to do this reuploading thing almost 500 times to reach level 30 right? Divided by 90 days, it must be done at least 5 times a day.