Online Servers Shutting Down October 10, 2018

Suminya

This might be theoretically better to organize people adding times to the LB for the Hot Lap trophy. 10 people gets 1 more spot on the LB, so depending on how long that takes and since you'll have all alts on the system anyway to boost downloads for yourself the accounts are there anyway that could get more people spots in. Shouldn't be as much of a gong show as KZ2 was seeing as it's daily and top 10%, but still a major annoyance. 

People interested in buying the game and DLC from NA would in theory be better off buying it from the Canada store. Price is the same as it's old and was never adjusted, and the Canadian dollar is like 3/4 US dollar right now so it's cheaper. 

Edited by Gage

I'm glad I never started this but that really sucks for people who really liked this game. I kinda tend to stay away from multiplayer games on PS3 now cause I feel like a bunch are going down this year and some already have.

I won't be surprised if a lot of the PS3 multiplayer titles are offline by 2019 or 2020. 

7 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

probably gonna be hard to get some of the online trophies now that everyone is going for them, glad I got my plat back in the day, just need to finish DLCs.

Or easier because will be more players, accordingly, more chances to get Flaming Hot!.

• Like 1

This move is understandable, but annoying for me. I have the platinum for this, but not the 100%. Right before I hit level 30 my published creations glitched out and 90% of them are stuck in "pending publishing", and I can't publish anything at all. Therefore I can't upload my three themed tracks required for their respective DLC trophy. That happened in December. I really hope the sitiatuion resolves itself before July. ?

Slightly off topic, but is there any way to pop those trophies without properly uploading anything? Or am I screwed out of the 100%? 

Shame cause I really liked this game, but they took the piss selling the DLC for £24 and never putting it on sale. I could buy it now for the extortionate price but I think I'll just leave it and take another impossible 100% instead. Already have Zen Pinball and Burn Zombie Burn on my list

Edited by Light-and-magic

I've got absolutely no hope of actually getting the platinum in this game, what with the Hot Lap and the insane amount of XP needed to reach LVL 30... 

However, I may hop in to get a couple of random trophies... I had completely forgot about this game, and I was recently looking for a kart racing game, so this may help in scratching that itch for a bit :) 

Well, tonight our group is meeting up to find out what is our plan of action. It seems we are not going down without a fight. Modnation is the last game of its kind on PlayStation, and unlike Wipeout or Killzone, DOESNT have a PS4 game to move on to. For a lot of folks, this is all they played. Because if we don't at least try to say something, 90 days from today Modnation Racers will die. 

Trophy wise.... I just need the Far East pack, Flaming Hot (which I know will be easier now) and the XP trophies which arent that far off, I'm at level 28 already. But quite frankly, right now the platinum isn't my main worry. 

14 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Just ended a week ago?

How many stuff can you upload each time?

If you can upload 10 different mods each time and other user downloads it (100Xp each down + 25Xp each view) will give you 1.250 XP. So I need to do this reuploading thing almost 500 times to reach level 30 right? Divided by 90 days, it must be done at least 5 times a day.

In the beginning you get 30 spots and after you level up, they will grow up till 70 spots at least.

I had some days, where I downloaded 10 times my 70 creations .. I wouldn't rate them .. that takes too much time for only 25 xp ^^

Greetz

jB-

Edited by jayboo1991
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jayboo1991 said:

In the beginning you get 30 spots and after you level up, they will grow up till 70 spots at least.

I had some days, where I downloaded 10 times my 70 creations .. I wouldn't rate them .. that takes too much time for only 25 xp ^^

Greetz

jB-

So it is possible to reach rank 30 until July, correct?

7 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

It can be done in a week or less if you're insane enough.

True. I’m asking this because I red someone saying something about a “restriction”. We are talking about huge amount of time on this. No guide has it mentioned and I don’t know if they change anything since then, but I’m afraid that at some point a msg will pop up saying “you have reached the max upload limit for this week/month, try again later”... considering 3 months left, such restriction would be a pain. I’m a patient guy so I’ll do it slowly :D

Ive already plat Rayman Legends twice, should be something like that with less restriction in time (one trophy a day).

2 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Well, tonight our group is meeting up to find out what is our plan of action. It seems we are not going down without a fight. Modnation is the last game of its kind on PlayStation, and unlike Wipeout or Killzone, DOESNT have a PS4 game to move on to. For a lot of folks, this is all they played. Because if we don't at least try to say something, 90 days from today Modnation Racers will die. 

Trophy wise.... I just need the Far East pack, Flaming Hot (which I know will be easier now) and the XP trophies which arent that far off, I'm at level 28 already. But quite frankly, right now the platinum isn't my main worry. 

Can you have your group download my mods? And create about 20 dummy accounts and have them download my mods? Thx. ;)

Edited by POEman553

18 hours ago, Max_Playne said:

*Sigh* What concerns me it's that now I'm going to force myself to buy all 3 DLC's if I want to get 100% on this games. And each one costs 10 EUROS. Never even went on sale 1f612.png

On NA store they are 5$ each. And the base game is 10$

You can get the game + 3 DLCs for 25$

Whereas in EU you must pay 30€ + game.

If I end up getting the game, I'll buy it on my NA account.

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Can you have your group download my mods? And create about 20 dummy accounts and have them download my mods? Thx. ;)

Ill download your stuff but my group is full of purists: they hate boosters. You have to be friends with them for them to help out dawg.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

53 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Ill download your stuff but my group is full of purists: they hate boosters. You have to be friends with them for them to help out dawg.

Lame-o's. This isn't boosting. How do they expect people to get the Platinum if they don't download stuff?

10 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I just checked the Add-On DLC and Sony has already pulled the expansions from PSN store. Crazy! I just bought all three this morning too. 

Jesus they're really jumping the gun there, there was still single player campaigns in the theme packs that had trophies. Really glad I bought that yesterday too.