languages

DrMontez

ive been learning a new language recently and became curious about the languages among this community.. so i have a couple of questions..

1. what language(s) do you currently speak..
  2. if you could speak any two languages in the world, which would they be?

id stick with english and german mostly because it fits my career and lifestyle perfectly..

1. ру́сский, Español, English

2. English and Spanish for me, since it probably covers the most ground globally at the moment. Mandarin/Standard Chinese will probably become more and more useful with around 1b people speaking it already and not to mention China lead the GDP ranks based on purchasing power parity. French is sexy af but I'm not sure I need to understand all the abuse hurled at me :giggle:

Image result for french lady gif

• Like 1

1. Español e Ingles.

2. As previously noted by another member, I think English and Spanish covers what most people speak in the world. Mandarin sounds like it would be pretty useful in the future as well. As for personal preferences, I'd love to learn German, Japanese or Russian. Reason? Not sure, but I have always been interested in learning those languages just by how they sound to me.

• Like 1

1. English and Japanese

2. English and Japanese. I love Japan and Japanese games, books, dramas etc., and English is an obvious choice due to it being the global language. However, if I were to pick two different languages excluding these two as I already speak them fluently, I would choose German (developed rich country, great for healthcare and working as a doctor with lots of medical advances and research),  and maybe Spanish as it's the 2nd most spoken language after mandarin. 

• Like 1

1. Tagalog & English.

2. Katakana, Hiragana & Mandarin. I took this subjects back then but now I almost forgot them". Mandarin's pitch is kinda hard to pronounce unlike our language and Japanese have the same pronunciation", When my foreigner uncle from England spoke our language, I smile because it's so cute to hear",

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1- I'm fluent in 2 languages, English and Arabic. I used to be fluent in French as well, but I stopped speaking and listening to it for a long time (other than the small basic stuff like name, age, nationality, etc). I wish I stayed in touch with it because there is nothing more frustrating than "forgetting" a language. ?

2- I've been looking into a bunch of languages lately just because I'm fascinated by them. I'm really interested in Turkish and Spanish for some reason, so I would go with those, on top of the ones I already know. ?

• Like 1

I'm fluent in French and English (I often have some difficulty finding the correct words to express myself but I have absolutely no problem reading books or watching a TV series).

I started Japanese when I was in high school. Since then I've tried to improve myself when I have some free time and some motivation, and that's not often. I do try to play visual novels from time to time but progress is extremely slow because I try to check vocabulary and grammar and learn everything I can along the way. Communication skills are pretty much nonexistant.

• Like 1