New update ps vita

n100kater

sO7SuWy.gif

Usually, these kinds of stability updates are just to patch vulnerabilities or block CFW users from accessing PSN although from what I read in gbatemp it seems they can still sign in to the PSN with the latest CFW and any vulnerabilities in the previous firmware were still private so it's a weird update like the latest PS3 update (4.82) that didn't patch the vulnerability used to install CFW found on the previous one (4.81).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mako-heart said:

Custom firmware.

So basically, for people like me who really have no competence in these things, it is some kind of hacked firmware that some people use on their Vita in place of the « official » one, right?

In which case my next question is: what for? ?

9 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

So basically, for people like me who really have no competence in these things, it is some kind of hacked firmware that some people use on their Vita in place of the « official » one, right?

In which case my next question is: what for? 1f914.png

To play pirated games on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I wish they would remove the fking "Near" icon if they removed the service. Patch should fix that shit instead.

Agreed.

Also we shouldn't be shocked that the vita won't be getting any exciting patches.. I mean look how fast they sort of let the AAA titles die for the system :\

8 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

sO7SuWy.gif

Usually, these kinds of stability updates are just to patch vulnerabilities or block CFW users from accessing PSN although from what I read in gbatemp it seems they can still sign in to the PSN with the latest CFW and any vulnerabilities in the previous firmware were still private so it's a weird update like the latest PS3 update (4.82) that didn't patch the vulnerability used to install CFW found on the previous one (4.81).

Actually, 4.82 brought in a new browser exploit that makes it even easier than before to install CFW, so ps3 online games have become even worse

8 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I wish they would remove the fking "Near" icon if they removed the service. Patch should fix that shit instead.

some games still have trophies that require opening near(but not actually require connecting to it)

Edited by SnowxSakura

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

some games still have trophies that require opening near(but not actually require connecting to it)

Oh wow, serious? Didn't know that... Any idea which games? I bet like maybe a handful maybe.

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Actually, 4.82 brought in a new browser exploit that makes it even easier than before to install CFW, so ps3 online games have become even worse

I might be wrong but if I remember correctly the browser exploit also exists in 4.81, they even released a program that simply dumped the IDPS using the exploit on 4.81 a few days before release. But 4.82 came out before they released it and since the exploit worked on the newer firmware there were no reasons to release it on the previous one.